• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm with you on the footed bit. I can understand it if it was full-backs and wingers as they can run down the line and deliver a cross with their favoured foot, but for central defenders I can only think it would be best when playing long diagonal balls forward.

If we can upgrade on Prosser, then I think we should. In the game I saw Sokolik play this season, I thought he did ok and was a lot more comfortable on the ball than Prosser.

If you are talking about the FA Cup game against Chester, Sokolik was Pony

Well, I haven't read all the pages because in the middle this thread seemed to go into some odd argumentative spat forum that I couldn't be arsed with.

If someone comes in for Prosser I would say "thank you for everything to date" and shake his hand warmly as I said goodbye.

Harsh perhaps but I think there are better players out there - defenders that can pass the ball out of defence as much as anything else - and Luke is, for me, the poorest central defender we have at the moment.

Sokolik was superb in the previous season to be fair. He was the main reason (along with Egan) that we made the play offs.

Yes he was. I was excited about him coming back but he had a real shocker against Chester. Got booked and looked a couple of yards off the pace

Sokolik was superb in the previous season to be fair. He was the main reason (along with Egan) that we made the play offs.
To be fair it was Egan the better of the pairing.Hence he is still playing League 1 and Sokolik isn't
i thought his attitude wasnt right on his return
for me he would make a good holding midfielder more than a centre back.Aggressive
although you keep quoting when they were with us, unfortunately went missing when needed against Burton in the Playoffs

To be fair it was Egan the better of the pairing.Hence he is still playing League 1 and Sokolik isn't
for me he would make a good holding midfielder more than a centre back.Aggressive
although you keep quoting when they were with us, unfortunately went missing when needed against Burton in the Playoffs

Agree with this. Sokolik certainly did very well in his loan spell (and was a definite upgrade on Prosser to get this thread back on track), but Egan was a class above.

Sokolik looked like a top League 2 defender. Egan looked like he was too good for League 2. We were extremely lucky to have that pairing either way.

Playing second fiddle to Egan was no shame and at the time I am not even sure there was that much between them. Hard to judge him last season as he hadn't played and was low on confidence. Personally would take him all day long.

Playing second fiddle to Egan was no shame and at the time I am not even sure there was that much between them. Hard to judge him last season as he hadn't played and was low on confidence. Personally would take him all day long.

Absolutely this, fact, end of!!!!!

and remind us all how good they both were in the play offs ? No good getting there and then forgetting to turn up

Forget Sokolik, he was offered a contract at SUFC but turned it down in favour of Yeovil because they were in a higher division,well now its us who are in a higher division, he made his bed let him lay in it.As for Prosser ,good luck to the lad ,in 2nd division he will get regular games ,not sure he will in 1st division, plus if PB couldnt sign better than him ,then theres something terribly wrong with SUFC.

and remind us all how good they both were in the play offs ? No good getting there and then forgetting to turn up

Can I ask whom you would of played this year if we didn't have Adam Barrett? Do you think we would won promotion.

I think a calm experienced head is always needed in my opinion.

To the people thinking Prosser is crap, I will let the match reports from his last short run in the team do the talking. Some people don't like him, I get it- but some of the comments on here are insulting . I don't know what the opposite of 'rose tinted glasses are' but for sure some people are never going to like him no mater what. I don't see anyone asking for him to be dropped in the match reports, I do so numerous posts stating how well he played, and how we missed him and his leadership. I see no reason why he should not be challenging for a place next year
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?84858-Southend-United-2-0-Carlisle/page2&highlight=prosser+match+report

[url]http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?85019-Dagenham-1-3-Southend-United/page4

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?85083-Burton-Albion-vs-Southend-United/page3
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?84900-AFC-Wimbledon-0-0-Southend-United[/URL]

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?84943-Southend-United-2-2-Wycombe-Wanderers

and his last game coming off against Luton

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?85521-Southend-United-1-0-Luton-Town/page7

Last edited:
Back