• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Certainly the Cobblers fans on here said we wouldn't bring many. If you could find a quote form on here (or other forums) I'd be happy to see! My prediction was 8 off in fact.

Not many Cobblers as expected! were giving us stick for not supporting at 2 up, they just couldnt hear the W block obviously...

Their "football" was more embarrassing. Not sure I'd want to travel to see that.

Thought they might have had a few more fans, but nearly 400 for a League 2 match is far from poor support. The average away support in League 2 last season was 420, Northampton's average away support last season was 470, Southend average away support was 375.

Not many teams bring that many fans to Southend and we were the 2nd worst visited club in the whole Football League last season only 271 fans on average. What with Plymouth bringing over 1,000 the other week we are well ahead of that figure already this season. Mind you we play Morecambe next home game can't see them bringing much more than 100 fans.

On attendances, we were 2nd highest in Div2 yesterday (behind Pompey!) and keep winning and maybe we will get 7000 every week.
I do like a good away day, preferably with a win, a beer or two and a curry.
Away games do seem to bring out more humour & pride from Blue's fans than home games.

Thought they might have had a few more fans, but nearly 400 for a League 2 match is far from poor support. The average away support in League 2 last season was 420, Northampton's average away support last season was 470, Southend average away support was 375.

Not many teams bring that many fans to Southend and we were the 2nd worst visited club in the whole Football League last season only 271 fans on average. What with Plymouth bringing over 1,000 the other week we are well ahead of that figure already this season. Mind you we play Morecambe next home game can't see them bringing much more than 100 fans.

Geographically we have a massive disadvantage when it comes to away support, compared to the likes of Northampton who are pretty much in the middle of the country. I think they are one of those sides (not unlike us) whose crowds increase a lot when they do well.

From their fans to their squad - there is something depressing about NTFC.

Going to struggle this term!

Can't see that at all. It's a depressing indictment of the modern game but I suspect they're going to win more than they lose this season. They're a nasty bunch of thugs but I've got a feeling they'll have too much in terms of organisation, work-rate and percentage football for most teams in this division. A hard-working outfit like that is unlikely to struggle, more's the pity. It's a testament to our manager, team and approach that we answered the questions they asked us.

As for the support, we made a mistake yesterday in giving them the whole North Bank - although it hardly mattered.

Can't see that at all. It's a depressing indictment of the modern game but I suspect they're going to win more than they lose this season. They're a nasty bunch of thugs but I've got a feeling they'll have too much in terms of organisation, work-rate and percentage football for most teams in this division. A hard-working outfit like that is unlikely to struggle, more's the pity. It's a testament to our manager, team and approach that we answered the questions they asked us.

As for the support, we made a mistake yesterday in giving them the whole North Bank - although it hardly mattered.

I personally like being in the west W block a lot more than being isolated in the north. Best to keep it as it is.

Geographically we have a massive disadvantage when it comes to away support, compared to the likes of Northampton who are pretty much in the middle of the country. I think they are one of those sides (not unlike us) whose crowds increase a lot when they do well.
Spot on there mate,Northampton are well placed for away trips,much better than us.I think for them to bring less than 400 fans for an away game to us is pretty poor.

I think for them to bring less than 400 fans for an away game to us is pretty poor.

A. This time of year, possibly some of their regular away support are on holiday with their families.
B. I've no idea what the employment situation is like around Northampton, but maybe some fans simply dont have enough weekly disposable income to afford to travel to away games. Perhaps they budget to attend home games only.

A. This time of year, possibly some of their regular away support are on holiday with their families.
B. I've no idea what the employment situation is like around Northampton, but maybe some fans simply dont have enough weekly disposable income to afford to travel to away games. Perhaps they budget to attend home games only.

There was loads of Northants fans at T20 finals day, in face we were surrounded by quite a lot. A fair few must have choose the cricket option being closer and all that

I know a lot of regular followers who went to Edgbaston. One group of 20 regulars certainly I know that normally take a minibus headed North for the cricket. I'd say it probably cut about 100/150 off. Also our away form is just woeful. Losing in the last minute at York gave a lot of fans the attitude of "nothings changed, I shan't bother". This certainly won't have helped.

Also personally I thought noise wise we were okay, I stood directly behind the goal and we had a lot of good natured (ish:winking:) fun with the big fella near the drum. Sung til the end anyway, well I did! Voice is a bit throaty today!

Good luck for the season chaps!

the shape of the roof on the north stand makes noise deceptive. it often sounds loud in there, but its usually down to being reflected back off the curved roof to the people making the noise.

i think its pretty petty the amount of bickering and squabling on here about how good a teams support is based purely on numbers. its really of very little significance.

Back