• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think their stadium is decent, its the right size for them.

Would prefer not to have 4 standalone stands but at least they have a modern stadium and its actually been built.

Stop upsetting Ron ! :smile:

Stop upsetting Ron ! :smile:

He he

4 standalone stands but the corners already have the foundations installed so the stands can be extended into the corners relatively cheaply if required (Unlikely!!) making the capacity 12500. Also the East South and North stands can be made double height if required, the foundations have been installed ready for this so the ground would then hold 18000-20000 quite handy if the away team require 17000 tickets :winking:

Last edited:
He he

4 standalone stands but the corners already have the foundations installed so the stands can be extended into the corners relatively cheaply if required (Unlikely!!) making the capacity 12500. Also the East South and North stands can be made double height if required, the foundations have been installed ready for this so the ground would then hold 18000-20000 quite handy if the away team requite 17000 tickets :winking:

I heard we might be getting a 3 sided stadium with potential for a 4th side if required :winking:

I think next season is going to be bloody hard with bloody Colchester in it as well ,
You will have Mansfield with loads of money now it seems Wrexham are fav s for a return as well Portsmouth as well
I think it's another couple of seasons in this league

I think next season is going to be bloody hard with bloody Colchester in it as well ,
You will have Mansfield with loads of money now it seems Wrexham are fav s for a return as well Portsmouth as well
I think it's another couple of seasons in this league

I agree. In my opinion this season league 2 has been the weakest for a while hence last season's points tally would have eased to promotion this season. Makes this year even more disappointing.

League 2 is not the weakest as anyone can beat anyone! Try telling that to fans of Championship team, as any of the bottom 10 could go down!

Their capacity is actually just over 10,000. Has to be one of the worst new build grounds in the last 20 years of the football league.
Take that back...I spent almost 2 years on that job!! Nothing wrong with it from a functional point of view...in fact, whilst it isn't the Emirates it is a highly environmentally and economically sustainable facility...perfect for their needs.

Take that back...I spent almost 2 years on that job!! Nothing wrong with it from a functional point of view...in fact, whilst it isn't the Emirates it is a highly environmentally and economically sustainable facility...perfect for their needs.

Yes I remember you being heavily involved in that project Sherif H, the problem was because of delays in getting started the price went up but the budget remained the same therefore the finished product was not quite as good as it could have been.
I am not a fan of modern stadiums but given the cash available the stadium is pretty good overall, it has been future proofed in many ways but some things have been spoilt by outside influences. The floodlights for instance were of a very high spec they were specially adjusted by experts to balance out shadows etc and were up to premiership standards in terms of light produced. The backs all had filters on them to prevent too much glare coming back to surrounding houses and of course the nearby A12 so all looked good. After a few games the locals still complained about the brightness of the lights so in the end they were turned down quite a bit to reduced power so instead of having a bright white light it now looks a bit murky, what a shame.

Yes I remember you being heavily involved in that project Sherif H, the problem was because of delays in getting started the price went up but the budget remained the same therefore the finished product was not quite as good as it could have been.

I can only imagine what that could be like .... oh wait :'(

Back