• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come Home Adam Barrett

R.M must interview A.B out of respect for both the ex player and the backing by a large number of the club supporters. He is the top candidate for a reason.

R.M must interview A.B out of respect for both the ex player and the backing by a large number of the club supporters. He is the top candidate for a reason.

RM, will do whatever HE THINKS.. he has little time or interest in what others think.

Yes he would jump at the chance. I also emailed RM and said at least talk to him.
Not saying you are wrong but what makes you convinced that he would jump at the chance? Have you heard something?

I know that @tia posted the other day that she bumped into Danny Greaves and that he said something along the lines of AB wasn't interested. I know Danny and I know he is friends with AB, so I'd have thought that would be a pretty good source.

Not saying you are wrong but what makes you convinced that he would jump at the chance? Have you heard something?

I know that @tia posted the other day that she bumped into Danny Greaves and that he said something along the lines of AB wasn't interested. I know Danny and I know he is friends with AB, so I'd have thought that would be a pretty good source.

Well I spoke to him last night, you will have to read more threads my friend.

The question is has Ron got a list of names for the vacant job .Or is he going to stick with the two left overs from Bonds reign .Looking at the picture posted from yesterdays under 23 game they looked just like bond uninterested .We really don't need another pair like bond .Get rid of them as quick as possible

The question is has Ron got a list of names for the vacant job .Or is he going to stick with the two left overs from Bonds reign .Looking at the picture posted from yesterdays under 23 game they looked just like bond uninterested .We really don't need another pair like bond .Get rid of them as quick as possible

Mangers don't interfere with the under 23's during a game because we have a 23's manager. So why would an assistant or a forward coach.

Given the present situation, I would prefer to see someone who has not been previously connected with the Club. With the exception of Steve Tilson, ex players do not have a great managerial record at Southend United.

Given the present situation, I would prefer to see someone who has not been previously connected with the Club. With the exception of Steve Tilson, ex players do not have a great managerial record at Southend United.
How many ex players have been managers? Ignoring those crappy player managers....I can only think of Taylor, Powell and Tilson?

How many ex players have been managers? Ignoring those crappy player managers....I can only think of Taylor, Powell and Tilson?

Clark, Whelan, Newman (do these count as the crappy player managers? I don't think Newman or Whelan were playing much when they managed the side) David Jack managed us after playing for us I believe. Forgot Alan Little.

Are you saying that if you have been an ex player that you should not be considered ,seems a very strange statement.

Are you saying that if you have been an ex player that you should not be considered ,seems a very strange statement.

Where have I said that an ex player should not be considered? I have merely given my opinion with regard to previous ex players who have not had managerial success at Southend United. How is that "a very strange statement"?

Barrett the solution to Southend problems and the majority on the poll are in agreement

Can anyone get hold of Barrett and find an answer if he is truly interested and has applied? I know there are some on here who have him as a contact.

Worst case scenario I'm sure he would at least improve some of the basic defending we are failing to do, improve the fitness and workrate which is diabolical.

Can anyone get hold of Barrett and find an answer if he is truly interested and has applied? I know there are some on here who have him as a contact.

Worst case scenario I'm sure he would at least improve some of the basic defending we are failing to do, improve the fitness and workrate which is diabolical.
Are you Barrett 's agent in disguise?

Back