• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As both of them are now playing for port vale and if they keep scoring they will properly be playing against us on the 26 th what sort of reception do you think they will get from the travelling army? personally i wont be slagging of leon as keeped us in the league with his goals, not to sure about husbands maybe ' southend reject southend reject'

a bad one. Connie is a Judas and well husbands, cant say much really!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 04 2005,23:04)]a bad one. Connie is a Judas and well husbands, cant say much really!
he may be a judas but who knows where will would be know if it wasnt for him.

port vale must have big problems if they are playing them two up front

I will give them a big hug and a kiss when we travel up there in a few weeks.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Nov. 04 2005,23:23)]port vale must have big problems if they are playing them two up front
they both scored for vale tonight in a 2-1 win over wrexham

Personally I'll be delighted to see them in the Vale team as quite frankly they're both absolute cr@p.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 05 2005,00:06)]Personally I'll be delighted to see them in the Vale team as quite frankly they're both absolute cr@p.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 04 2005,23:04)]Connie is a Judas
Grow up - he was offered a more lucrative contract whilst not being under one at Southend i dont see that as being a Judas, just good business acumen.

Didn't hollywood make a film of his life story with Keanu Reeves?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 05 2005,00:06)]Personally I'll be delighted to see them in the Vale team as quite frankly they're both absolute cr@p.
I wouldnt say Constantine is absolute crap - he scored a lot of goals for us... he's not great, and I certainly wouldnt swap any of our four strikers for him - but crap strikers dont score the number of goals he did for us.

Husbands was one of those frustrating players... bags of pace (which is the only concern against Barrett and Edwards/Prior) and he really needed a few goals for us to get his confidence up. He could be a good player if he's playing with confidence and has a few goals under his belt.

So, if they both play against us having been among the goals recently I think they will be a handful - especially because they will want to put on a show against us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 05 2005,09:16)]
[b said:
I wouldnt say Constantine is absolute crap - he scored a lot of goals for us... he's not great, and I certainly wouldnt swap any of our four strikers for him - but crap strikers dont score the number of goals he did for us.

Husbands was one of those frustrating players... bags of pace (which is the only concern against Barrett and Edwards/Prior) and he really needed a few goals for us to get his confidence up. He could be a good player if he's playing with confidence and has a few goals under his belt.

So, if they both play against us having been among the goals recently I think they will be a handful - especially because they will want to put on a show against us.
I said Constantine was a "one-season wonder" even when he was still with us and got abuse on here for saying it. I praised Uncle Ron when he refused to up his contract offer as Constantine wasn't worth it - and his subsequent spells at Peterborough and Torqauy have proved me right. Who's laughing now Connie? Shades of Mark Rawle I think......  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

I won't boo either - I respect Constantine for keeping us in the league and Husbands just wasn't good enough but at least he tried.

Indifference from me as well!

If people have a go at Constantine then I'm sorry I think they are idiots, his goals pretty much kept us in the league and I think that outweighs any 'bad blood' about his departure. Husbands I couldnt really give a toss about to be honest!

Constantine, like many footballers, is a mercenary, a journeyman, plying his trade for whoever holds the most gold. Thats fair enough for anyone that does not give or need loyalty. Husbands is a different matter. He came full of promise and potential and I like many fans had been very excited by his arrival. He did not fulfil the promise in the time he was with us and a club like ours cannot carry people that may or may not make the grade. SUFC were right to let him go and in all honesty it was probably the best for both parties. Husbands has retained enough self belief to get picked up by another league club and I for one hope he flourishes. He could still yet be a very exciting prospect and the game needs them.
smile.gif

I think mercenary is a bit strong he wasn't offered what he felt was enough money considering how many goals he had scored.

The fact Constantine was trying to arrange a move to Hull City by touting himself to Peter Taylor around Xmas '03 after we gave him another chance at League football ensures he'll get booed by me regardless of how he handled himself at the end of that season (which I wasn't impressed with either).

Back