• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to say in Boris's rules. You cant bring in a meal from a food venue close with a reciept.
Also nothing in the rules says you have to eat the meal.
In the trade i know of one micro that is getting customer.s to bring a £2 meal in from a cafe next door. Then serving a few pint's.
Another is saying bring your own substantial meal in and we will serve you with the dreaded word A Alcoholic Beer.
At Billericay we have a partnership with a Pizza company before lockdown and the venue is always full. Its so Popular. I am sure more idea's will happen. Until Bris stop's this silly rule.

I have been to a few places to eat that are bring your own but not places to drink that are bring your own.

Nice ideas but I see a clip the other day where a card and wrapping paper shop had geared up for the second lockdown by now selling drinks and snacks. Obviously this is their time when they make a profit for the year and they were in a large mall which was open for many shops anyway.

Despite WH Smiths open along the way, the council sent the police round to close it down. Even thought the owners were pointing out they now comply the new type of young police officers would not listen and said they would have to go via an appeals process......You can imagine with Southend council getting a letter by February saying the appeal will be herd in June.

Good luck Steve if you worked for one of the big boys you would be fine but in your case they will probably say it has to be cooked on the premises.

I have been to a few places to eat that are bring your own but not places to drink that are bring your own.

Nice ideas but I see a clip the other day where a card and wrapping paper shop had geared up for the second lockdown by now selling drinks and snacks. Obviously this is their time when they make a profit for the year and they were in a large mall which was open for many shops anyway.

Despite WH Smiths open along the way, the council sent the police round to close it down. Even thought the owners were pointing out they now comply the new type of young police officers would not listen and said they would have to go via an appeals process......You can imagine with Southend council getting a letter by February saying the appeal will be herd in June.

Good luck Steve if you worked for one of the big boys you would be fine but in your case they will probably say it has to be cooked on the premises.

Its not Southend Council or even Essex County Council.
The Micro in question is next too a coffee shop/cafe, this practice was happening before the lockdown. All that has changed is the price has reduced and you have to bring a reciept in.
I have been too many pubs where you can bring you own take away in and they supply the knife and fork and a plate. Then they take it away and wash the cutlery and plates for you.
Nothing wrong in that, one even in Essex County Council boundry,.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but Freddys local The Dick Turpin has closed for good.

Yes, and demolishing due to start soon.
I am not sure what would be built in its place as it is a pretty poor location for anything.

Ha! I got 9/10 in this old pubs quiz in the Echo).All of which I'd had a pint in at some time or other.

Last edited:
Latest rules and tiering to be debated (and voted on) in parliament next week

Looks like this is also an arbirtary process as well.

Some MP's are brave enough to vote whichever way they see fit, but the vast majority of non Tory MP's will be abstaining. How on this earth can your decison on something as important as this be to abstain?

Politics at it's glorious worst.

So, why is Covid surging in Essex (& rest of East England) compared to during/before lockdown?
Lockdown, imho, clearly hasn't worked in this area, but has in others - why is that?

Interesting, as i remember Jonathan Van Tam arguing against a national lockdown at end of Sept, as he said it wouldn't be fair to people in Kent, Essex, Norfolk & Cornwall, who all had very low infection rates. It was at that time, that numbers were spiralling in thier may 100's in Blackburn, Bradford, Oldham etc.
Now it seems numbers are reducing in most Northerly City's & large Towns, & the rest of the country are catching them up, like the Virus is being carried on the wind?.

Covid numbers thru the roof at SGH and all non urgent, immediate operations being postponed.
Lockdown tier 3 beckons.

Covid numbers thru the roof at SGH and all non urgent, immediate operations being postponed.
Lockdown tier 3 beckons.
It’s not looking good to say the least and this week we have seen a slight increase in positive cases in some of the local homes.

On the plus side the vaccinations are rolling out next week from some GP surgeries (not all GPS have received it yet) and am hoping I will get my first vaccine on Thursday.

Please remain cautious everyone and please follow the guidelines

A 'friend of a friend'-type contact who works for Essex Police says they've been briefed that it's Tier 3 for Essex/London from next week and likely persisting, if not another national lockdown, in January.

Heard the same through environmental health in Southend. Tier 3 from Saturday.
If it's another lockdown leave as is and make it from the 27th to avoid NYE temptations. A big risk I know but just saying.

Heard the same through environmental health in Southend. Tier 3 from Saturday.
If it's another lockdown leave as is and make it from the 27th to avoid NYE temptations. A big risk I know but just saying.

My brother was in hospital on Saturday. According to him ambulances were queuing up along Prittlewell Chase waiting to drop off covid patients. Apparently Basildon is full so they're sending their patients to Southend, and Southend is nearly full.

Let me just also remind you about the Excel Nightingale hospital that had 4000 beds. At its peak it had around 35 patients. That's less than 1%. The reason is that it kept closing to new referals because there aren't enough staff to cover that and all the hospitals. Hospitals were treating patients in the corridors because Excel was closed.

There aren’t the staff to run the nightingales.
That is the truth.
The amount of emails I have been receiving from the NMC, Local agencies and trusts themselves asking me to “sign” on with them (all bar the NMC of course as-already registered). They are offering as many hours as you want but, the they are only offering you the minimum banding paid as a qualified nurse.
I took early retirement a couple of years back and because of the T&C in early retirement you can only earn your last year salary prior to retirement or it will affect your pension.
This has currently been wavered by the government until March to allow retired nurses back. I hope they extend this as it means we can do extra hours and help out in the wider scheme of things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back