• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tier 2 Pubs.
Local Micro Pub having to shut till lockdown lifted due to Alcoholic Drinks can only be served with meal's.
Ok i admit i have a interest in this, as i am back on furlough due too this stupid rule. I work there.
The Micro in Billericay we all worked hard with no problems, between the first and second lockdown. We had strict social distance measures in place. Everything which was asked for we did, sucessfully and we had no covid cases.
With this new rule, you have too have a substantial meal to get a beer, we dont have cooking facilities and cant make it work so have too close.
Meaning all of us are on Furlough and suppliers Brewery's Gin Producers etc. The same.

So if i dont eat a meal, i stand more chance of getting Covid. Bull shi!!!, and the cost too the economy. All our customers are buying takeaway and meeting up at home and drinking together.
What is the bloody sence in that. Boris, come on explain to me what is the sence in this is.

Oh just been told of the new rule, if you eat in a pub when you have finished your meal, if its alcoholic, you have to leave straight away, but if its not well i leave that too you.

Its no bloody wonder Police are checking all coach company at the weekend and stopping them taking bookings to come to the mass protest in London at weekend. I am 62 and i have never protested in my life against freedom but this is taking the biscuit.
I will leave you on one bit of advice apparantly, if you leave a pea or a chip on your plate, the plate can be left and you have not finshed your meal, and can carry on drinking. Mad!!
God i can imagine us in a pub on Blues on Tour, if they treated us like that.
Rant Over

Last edited:
Well put Steve. The West Road Tap is my regular, and Will and Kat had it buttoned up and as covid secure as anywhere on pub planet BUT they can't open.
Okay it is hard making a rules system that fits all but, and this is political, pubs, footie and the like are working class in the main and horses and dining out are white collar stuff.
Big firms with share holders and accountants will survive, the lowly staff might suffer but next year the money will roll in for them as many independent businesses will have gone bust.

Well put Steve. The West Road Tap is my regular, and Will and Kat had it buttoned up and as covid secure as anywhere on pub planet BUT they can't open.
Okay it is hard making a rules system that fits all but, and this is political, pubs, footie and the like are working class in the main and horses and dining out are white collar stuff.
Big firms with share holders and accountants will survive, the lowly staff might suffer but next year the money will roll in for them as many independent businesses will have gone bust.

Yes I used to work with Will when he was head brewer at Billericay. I had many pints with Will and Kat, lovely couple.

Oh just been told of the new rule, if you eat in a pub when you have finished your meal, if its alcoholic, you have to leave straight away, .

I read that in the paper earlier, which makes a complete farce of keeping pubs open till 11pm, with last orders allowed up to 10pm.
If everyone has to leave after eating their meal, unless most punters dont arrive until 9.30pm to order their meals, there wont be anyone left in the pubs at 10pm???.

It's not right. Our regular haunts are Crafty Casks in Rayleigh and The Leigh Brewery. Both have made great efforts to keep going during all this. I'll continue to get takeaways from both until some normality resumes.

It's not right. Our regular haunts are Crafty Casks in Rayleigh and The Leigh Brewery. Both have made great efforts to keep going during all this. I'll continue to get takeaways from both until some normality resumes.

Leigh Brewery FB page says they are trying to put a plan in place for substantial meals or something that complies with BoJo 's new rules.

Leigh Brewery FB page says they are trying to put a plan in place for substantial meals or something that complies with BoJo 's new rules.
Hopefully they can get a partnership with a pizza company.
It is a shame West Road Tap can't do a deal to have fish and chips on special orders from Oldhams which is just over the road.

Nothing to say in Boris's rules. You cant bring in a meal from a food venue close with a reciept.
Also nothing in the rules says you have to eat the meal.
In the trade i know of one micro that is getting customer.s to bring a £2 meal in from a cafe next door. Then serving a few pint's.
Another is saying bring your own substantial meal in and we will serve you with the dreaded word A Alcoholic Beer.
At Billericay we have a partnership with a Pizza company before lockdown and the venue is always full. Its so Popular. I am sure more idea's will happen. Until Bris stop's this silly rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back