• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cort set to Leave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ASHRIMPER @ May 26 2004,13:03)]So cort has decided to follow his m8te out of roots hall. No suprise really,i thought he would stay before Constintine left though.

He should be easy to replace, as he was overated anyway. Good last season but this season he was very disapointing.

Now we just have to hope Maher feels sorry for us and signs!

BRING BK ROGET!
At least Cort's going about it the proper way, and going to a club with ambition.  Unlike Peterborough.

We have no grounds to complain against Cort. He always gave his all for the club and no one can blame him for going to a bigger club for more money at this stage in his career unlike greedy Constantine.

I dont think it matters if he goes, hes not that good anyway!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ May 26 2004,13:09)]PARTRIDGE f**k nos what you are on about leon is a brilliant cb one of the best at our level and he is leaving to better him self not be a judas at all if he was being a judashe would be doing a rawly signing for a team in the same div after saying he would sign for us!!
f**k Cort well overated in my view and easily replaced.

Before Constantine etc had left i always said that Gower, Smith and Maher where the ones we needed to sign.

Gower has put pen to paper i would say Smith is 50/50 and Maher lookd like he's on his way out so we are not looking good on that front.

If Smith and Mcleish both sign all we need is another striker, midfielder and centre back and we will be looking strong again.
Dont panic people its very early days and i am sure there are some quality players we could snatch and as we know Tilly does have an eye for a good buy.

anyway I have heard we are getting pugh from Man Utd on A season loan..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kim Mitten @ May 26 2004,12:36)]Nick Barmby (if u can call him a big name)
He has scored five premiership goals for five different clubs and played for England.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]tinky123 Posted on May 26 2004,13:34
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyway I have heard we are getting pugh from Man Utd on A season loan..

Hes off to leeds as part of Alan Smiths transfer to manu i believe.

Good luck to him to Leon. Glad he's being honest with us and not mugging us off.

He's had a poor season, compared to last, and im sure with his tomberlone foot and 50p head ... he'll struggle in Div 2 next year!

Edwards can repalce him and i hope we keep both Warren and Hunt. Hunt would be my first choice and with Jupp at right back and Nicky at left back, all we need now is a new keeper ...

Kev

cool.gif

Cort has a heck of alot of potential and in a few years i can see him playing in the premiership.

He mad a below par season but i felt this season might just be his, its a big lose but replaceable.

Hull in my eyes have the best stadium in Division 2, a good manager and a great squad with plenty of ambition. And would be a fool to say no but it doesn't stop us feeling like sh*t.

If we lose Maher make no mistake it will be a MASSIVE blow !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 26 2004,16:47)]Cort has a heck of alot of potential and in a few years i can see him playing in the premiership.
Yeah, at least he'll be reunited with Flahavan!

laugh.gif

I think you may be over-rating him slightly there... IMO.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ May 26 2004,13:09)]PARTRIDGE f**k nos what you are on about leon is a brilliant cb one of the best at our level and he is leaving to better him self not be a judas at all if he was being a judashe would be doing a rawly signing for a team in the same div after saying he would sign for us!!
Got out the wrong side today, but still have never rated him, would rather have Roget.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 26 2004,13:53)]Good luck to him to Leon. Glad he's being honest with us and not mugging us off.
He told me he was definitely staying. So if he signs for Hull he's gone back on his word to the people that pay his wages.

That said, I won't complain too much. If we really wanted to keep him, we would have got him to sign as sooon as he said he would.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 26 2004,15:47)]Cort has a heck of alot of potential and in a few years i can see him playing in the premiership.

He mad a below par season but i felt this season might just be his, its a big lose but replaceable.

Hull in my eyes have the best stadium in Division 2, a good manager and a great squad with plenty of ambition. And would be a fool to say no but it doesn't stop us feeling like sh*t.

If we lose Maher make no mistake it will be a MASSIVE blow !
Cort playing in the premiership
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You can't be f**king serious mate surely, he can just about hold his own in division three.
What will he do with the likes of Henry, Shearer and Van Nistelroy skanking him left right and centre.

Get in the real world mate.

Fair play to Cort. To be honest I'm not too miffed about him going or Maher and Constantine for that matter. All are decent players who we are probably better off with than without but at least they are getting things sorted out early on which gives Tilly time to sort out replacements. Good luck to them all for next season, and lets hope that we can be playing at their level in 2005/06.

If Wozza stays, and we have Edwards, we have 2 very experienced defenders... and no pace.

We need some young legs in the centre otherwise those two will be roasted frequently by several Div 3 strikers

Back