• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

steveo

mine to stay the same please
What a horrible individual this bloke is, but all this hoo haa could easily be avoided if Referees applied the laws of the game.

I know you get your Garth Crookses and other pundits saying its the refs job to keep 11 players on the pitch but that's not the case.

Its the refs job to apply the laws - but they don't. From what I saw of yesterdays game Costa waved an imaginary card at the ref in an attempt to get a player booked. That's a bookable offence but either Mike Dean didn't see it, or chose to ignore the law.
Costa put two hands in Koscielnys face. Red card offence. Costa swung an arm at Koscielny and hit him in the face. Red card offence. Costa barged Koscielny to the ground. Red card offence. After the fracas with the other bloke he then pleaded with Dean to get Paulista sent off. Late in the game he shoved Chamberlain and swung a leg at him - yellow or red card offence.

Costa is a horrible **** but will continue his antics until referees do their job. There would be uproar for a week or two but how much better would it be if we didn't see wrestling matches at corners? Give some penalties, the managers will soon sort teach their players to respect the rules. Or take a lesson from Rugby or the NFL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34302203

What a horrible individual this bloke is, but all this hoo haa could easily be avoided if Referees applied the laws of the game.

I know you get your Garth Crookses and other pundits saying its the refs job to keep 11 players on the pitch but that's not the case.

Its the refs job to apply the laws - but they don't. From what I saw of yesterdays game Costa waved an imaginary card at the ref in an attempt to get a player booked. That's a bookable offence but either Mike Dean didn't see it, or chose to ignore the law.
Costa put two hands in Koscielnys face. Red card offence. Costa swung an arm at Koscielny and hit him in the face. Red card offence. Costa barged Koscielny to the ground. Red card offence. After the fracas with the other bloke he then pleaded with Dean to get Paulista sent off. Late in the game he shoved Chamberlain and swung a leg at him - yellow or red card offence.

Costa is a horrible **** but will continue his antics until referees do their job. There would be uproar for a week or two but how much better would it be if we didn't see wrestling matches at corners? Give some penalties, the managers will soon sort teach their players to respect the rules. Or take a lesson from Rugby or the NFL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34302203

Great player.Always knew he'd do well in English football.Reminds me a lot of Shearer.

But shearer managed without all the nastiness

Shearer could be a nasty bugger at times too. Funnily enough Gazza was talking about Shearer in an interview recently about the best players he played with and he said there was only one player like Shearer in the league today, Costa.

Costa takes it to a new level though. Cant stand him.

So why don't referees apply the laws properly?

no problem with him, i like fwds who put about a bit, of course if he is breaking the rules it's down to the ref to take action

Football needs pantomime characters so fair play to him - if he's stepping over the acceptable line (which he is) it's up to the referees to stamp it out. Quite simply, he's the sort of player you'd hate playing against your team but love playing for your own.

Football needs pantomime characters so fair play to him - if he's stepping over the acceptable line (which he is) it's up to the referees to stamp it out. Quite simply, he's the sort of player you'd hate playing against your team but love playing for your own.

He's Chelsea's Bilel Mohsni to some extent, although no sign of the petulant behaviour in the dressing rooms! Other teams try to wind him up and get him sent off in exactly the same way.

He's Chelsea's Bilel Mohsni to some extent, although no sign of the petulant behaviour in the dressing rooms! Other teams try to wind him up and get him sent off in exactly the same way.

But the point with Costa is they just think they're winding him up when actually he's in complete control. As demonstrated yesterday, it's more likely for the opponent that will lose it. I can't stand the man but he's very good at what he does. Mohsni was never in control.

But the point with Costa is they just think they're winding him up when actually he's in complete control. As demonstrated yesterday, it's more likely for the opponent that will lose it. I can't stand the man but he's very good at what he does. Mohsni was never in control.

Very true, which, I suppose is where the comparison to Shearer comes in.

YEP Shearer def put it about and did Mark Hughes also Kevin Davis , quite a few others even Barry Corr

Yeah all those guys did. But they did it without the whinging and whining, diving and cheating.

Yeah all those guys did. But they did it without the whinging and whining, diving and cheating.
maybe you are right, I can't stand it when players dive etc, it.s upto the FA to sort this out. It's becoming far to common in the current age

The thing is, refs always try to keep the play going (probably more entertaining than stopping the game to tear ***** like Costa a new one when he needs a boot in the arse), so they bend the laws. That was utter bollocks reffing though. No control at all. Pretty sure it's now law that only two players, one of which must or should be the captain if possible, can approach the ref, and Cheatski were flagrantly ignoring that too).

All true but I the refs enforced the rules the players would soon stop bending them. We would see a lot of penalties and red card for a few weeks but when managers realise the players are costing their teams points they will soon short them out. The way things are at the moment I reckon mourinho encourages the bad behaviour.

Yes, but that's because he's a prima donna **** bag of the highest order and the FA are too scared to kick him back into his place.

I prefer Nero, with Starbucks a very distant third.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Does anybody remember the LEEDS team under Don Revie they all could (+did) put it about They would have no problem with Costa for or against

Back