• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Could this be really positive?

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Our luck is appalling... Walkers injury sums everything up. Laurent, Revell, Freedman... all out for a while and Barnard only half fit at the best of times.

This actually now forces Rons hand. In my opinion this is by far the biggest positive.

The loan rules are complicated but if I understand them correctly then we have 3 long term (i.e. 3 month plus) loans left this season for players over 24. Tilly has said we now need experience... this to me indicates that he hasn't been looking at experienced players before. The players he has been trying to bring in have all been under 24 and would definitely have improved the squad. However, would young, ambitious players whose careers are "on the up" see a move to Southend as a positive step? Probably not - which may well be the reason we've been so unsuccesful in signing anyone.

So, if we change our targets to players of, say 29/30, who have the grit and determination we need then we may have much more success.

I know the transfer window closes on Monday but the loan window is open for a while after that... I would expect at least 1 permanent signing this week with possibly 2 loans before the loan window closes.

Our luck is appalling... Walkers injury sums everything up. Laurent, Revell, Freedman... all out for a while and Barnard only half fit at the best of times.

This actually now forces Rons hand. In my opinion this is by far the biggest positive.

The loan rules are complicated but if I understand them correctly then we have 3 long term (i.e. 3 month plus) loans left this season for players over 24. Tilly has said we now need experience... this to me indicates that he hasn't been looking at experienced players before. The players he has been trying to bring in have all been under 24 and would definitely have improved the squad. However, would young, ambitious players whose careers are "on the up" see a move to Southend as a positive step? Probably not - which may well be the reason we've been so unsuccesful in signing anyone.

So, if we change our targets to players of, say 29/30, who have the grit and determination we need then we may have much more success.

I know the transfer window closes on Monday but the loan window is open for a while after that... I would expect at least 1 permanent signing this week with possibly 2 loans before the loan window closes.

Said exactly this the other day, but Paul Terry weren't pretty enough

I've lost all ability of looking at things positively and believing that we'll be signing anyone of any good anytime soon.

And yes I've said that in the hope I'm proved wrong shortly........ ;)

Back