• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Country Music

Country Music - Hit or Miss ?

• Hit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miss

• Depends my mood

• Total voters
Most of the bands u like are terrible and to be honest couldnt give a cr*p what bands u like
biggrin.gif

Most genre's like this one of Country and Western, u like and i hate. Thats just my opinion.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Feb. 09 2004,15:58)]Most of the bands u like are terrible and to be honest couldnt give a cr*p what bands u like
biggrin.gif

Most genre's like this one of Country and Western, u like and i hate. Thats just my opinion.......
Alot of country i don't like but generally is good.

Im into more Rock stuff like Springsteen etc vaires alot but your telling me Westlife and Busted are better than Bruce Springsteen ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Feb. 09 2004,16:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Feb. 09 2004,15:58)]Most of the bands u like are terrible and to be honest couldnt give a cr*p what bands u like
biggrin.gif

Alot of country i don't like but generally is good.

Im into more Rock stuff like Springsteen etc vaires alot but your telling me Westlife and Busted are better than Bruce Springsteen ?
I didnt mention Westlife........

Id rather put on my Busted album than listen to someone like sh*teloaf of Status Quo...... Busted win everytime with me

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Feb. 09 2004,15:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Feb. 09 2004,15:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Feb. 09 2004,15:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Feb. 09 2004,15:20)]MF, u really do have a right nasty taste in music dont u, for a 13/14/15/16 yr old or however age u bloody are........
And Busted are better ?
There better than half the cr*p u listen to.....

Plus Busted aint the only band i listen to - can't go wrong with a bit of Indie, Rock or Alternative, in my eyes...Virgin and XFM are a godsend.........  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Name bands worse than busted please VS
I know the drummer who is touring with Busted, as it happens. Nice bloke he is too...

biggrin.gif

Matt

P.S. Country... it's a tricky one. What I will say about it is that, far more than almost any other genre of music, it is a real crucible of musicians and musicianship. You cannot be a cr*p musician and succeed in country music, since (in order to make it big) you are required to prove yourself in the small bars and the small radio stations of Kentucky and Tenessee.

This is in stark contrast to pop music, where you can look good and succeed despite an absence of any musical talent (e.g. Atomic Kitten).

So, I respect country musicians for their undoubted musicianship - and, quite often, their lyrics (invaribly laden with pathos in songs like "A Boy Named Sue" and, when Dolly Parton sang it, "I will always love you").

But, do I like Country Music? Nope. One merely need say the words "Billy Ray Cyrus" to sum up all that is wrong with country music... basically, and with very few exceptions (Faith Hill's "This Kiss" and the aforementioned Dolly Parton song - when sung by her, and no one else - being the only ones I can think of right now), I think country music sucks. So there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 09 2004,18:39)]P.S. Country... it's a tricky one.  What I will say about it is that, far more than almost any other genre of music, it is a real crucible of musicians and musicianship.  You cannot be a cr*p musician and succeed in country music, since (in order to make it big) you are required to prove yourself in the small bars and the small radio stations of Kentucky and Tenessee.  
What about Shania Twain?

I have heard Saudi Arabian shoplifters that are better guitarists than she is.

I like a bit of bluegrass, I liked Johnny cash, I liked Waylon Jennings when he sang the theme to the Dukes of hazzard and I liked Lee Majors when he sang the unkown stuntman.

What I do not like is knob jockeys in white suits and ten gallon hats knocking out dodgy ballards, the dixie chicks, Shania Twain.

If Billy Ray Cyruss came down my local an achy breaky heart would be the last thing he'd have have to worry about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Feb. 09 2004,18:51)]If Billy Ray Cyrus came down my local an achy breaky heart would be the last thing he'd have have to worry about.
For once, that's a visit to your infamous local of which I thoroughly approve, for the reasons to which you allude.

Are you going to send him an invite, or shall I?

rock.gif
wink.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Feb. 09 2004,19:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 09 2004,18:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Feb. 09 2004,18:45)]What about Shania Twain?
Yes, but she can sing.  And she's fit-as-yer-like...

Matt
No she can't and no she isn't.
Are you sure? and I must respectfully disagree with my learned friend.  I'd give her one, for sure...

photo-10-375x500-1.jpg

photo-13-375x500-1.jpg

I rest my case.

wink.gif

Matt

My god i second that motion !!!!!!!!!!

She doesn't beat Kiera Knightly (bend it like beckham) though, i saw a look like of her in a coffee shop the other day, my best mate is good m8s with her and i got her number, i was well chuffed ! She is stunning and she said i was really cute but shes a polititian
sad.gif
still id do her ....

biggrin.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Feb. 09 2004,15:20)]MF, u really do have a right nasty taste in music dont u, for a 13/14/15/16 yr old or however age u bloody are........
And Busted are better ?
Yes, and if you want to take this outside, then I'm waiting.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Feb. 09 2004,22:21)]
[b said:
[b said:
And Busted are better ?
Yes, and if you want to take this outside, then I'm waiting.  
biggrin.gif
Yes, at last someone agrees with me!!!

Have to back up VS on this one. My nine year old son is mad for Busted and I find them tolerable. However the thought of listening to some rhinestoned, leather waistcoated, skintight jean clad, cowboy hatted, ace vanden plas stroker play C & W make me want to shove knitting needles down my ears!

However I wouldn't object to Shania Twain humming stand by your man on my ballbag
tounge.gif

Heres a weird one, during my last set of ICAEW exams (accountancy) I was unfortunate enough to have a Busted song going round my head (couldn't tell you which one though).

Well it just so happens that I ****ed on the exams big style so I am enternally in Busteds debt.

Anyway back to the ole Country sound, it doesnt really offend me. Me mams a big fan of it so whenever I'm back in Essex in usually subjected to George Strait or someone like that.

Is Glen Campbell country? cos Wichita Lineman is one of my favourite songs ever.

Anyhoo enough of my inane ramblings. Good call MtS with the Shania pics.

I'd say that your typical 'Country' music is pretty much dreadful... but then you have Alt. Country.. which includes stuff such as The Cowboy Junkies, Mazzy Star, Trespassers William, Ryan Adams, Gram Parsons, Lambchop... some R.E.M. can also be lumped in with this.... and most of this stuff is very very good..

So, it really depends if we're just talking straight forward Billy Ray Cyrus and stuff....

I voted Miss anyway...  
biggrin.gif

Oh, and a big yes to Shania...

I was brought up on C&W and can honestly say it is the worst drivel to offend the ear ever. Jim Reeves, Boxcar Willie, Tammy Wynett, Johnny Cash, Don Williams, I have had to indure it all. Every christmas day I was woken up by Jim Reeves dashing through the f**king snow and wishing he would slip through thin ice. It is sh*te and anyone caught line dancing in a cowboy hat should be shot on sight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Feb. 11 2004,14:28)]I was brought up on C&W and can honestly say it is the worst drivel to offend the ear ever. Jim Reeves, Boxcar Willie, Tammy Wynett, Johnny Cash, Don Williams, I have had to indure it all. Every christmas day I was woken up by Jim Reeves dashing through the f**king snow and wishing he would slip through thin ice. It is sh*te and anyone caught line dancing in a cowboy hat should be shot on sight.
I had a bad dose of Boxcar Willie , but the cream got rid of it in the end.

Back