• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Court Winding Up Petition 28th October 2020

I would be surprised if we are wind up on Wednesday, if we’ve made a sizeable dent in the debt. By that I mean 30-40%. I imagine we’d have get some money up front from the player sales. But if come Wednesday we hear that no amount has been payed off, then we deserve to go under.

I had heard whispers that it wouldn't be paid in full, but I find it hard to believe that Ron would assume that he will get a sympathetic response again this time.

And with all this zooming you cant easily flash the special handshake , maybe sitting there starkers with your turquoise apron on could get a "Im distressed message across" ?

Godwin's Law: if a conversation goes on long enough, someone will mention Hitler.

Rigsby's Law: if a conversation goes on long enough, someone will claim Swansea have always been a lower league team.....They will hide for a while and hope you forget.

• Haha
Reactions: GBJ
Statement from Ron has been made. I’m normally quite sympathetic to his warblings, but he is still going on about previous bad recruitments. Ok we get it. You don’t have to keep saying it. What about the tax bill due on Wednesday Ron?

Its a public hearing

To get tuned in you have to email Steven Gibbon with your request to be adjoined to the proceedings. He was very helpful to me last time

Contact is steven.gibbon@justice,gov,uk

Dont forget the dot

Its a public hearing

To get tuned in you have to email Steven Gibbon with your request to be adjoined to the proceedings. He was very helpful to me last time

Contact is steven.gibbon@justice,gov,uk

Dont forget the dot

Worth doing? Did anyone here do it last time?

If we are on late, you may have to sit and listen through a few hearings but fairly interesting, Rather sad to listen in to Macclesfields pathetic response last time

If we are on late, you may have to sit and listen through a few hearings but fairly interesting, Rather sad to listen in to Macclesfields pathetic response last time

They produced a screen shot of a bank account containing over £1m.

If that's the best they could manage I am not surprised they were wound up.

My bet is that Ron's lawyers have told him exactly what he can get away with as a payment.

Probably better to owe HMRC a few quid and be unable to sign players than be unable to pay the current squad and risk a points deduction.

Ron Speaks

Such poetic words from the Bard Ronald, I almost weeping into my McMuffin just reading it...

...what about the tax bill Ron, a few words of reassurance wouldn’t have gone amiss, some of us are a little concerned on here??

The closest to a crumb of comfort I could get from that was “your club will continue to be supported, financially, through these challenging times.”, so hopefully some good news on Wednesday...?

Wonder if he reads any of the comments on here?

Last edited:
You was at the same soiree as me when CP and RM were answering questions. CP had just had his honeymoon period from relegation to top 4 form. Championship fever was at pandemic levels.

Thats why I asked the question about signing players that summer. I knew the dangers of chasing the Championship and even if we made it, why we could never have even a sporting chance without a new stadium first.

The bizarre thing is we had had the ultimate warning when Tilly achieved it just a few years before. From careful and and league status saving financial management under PS and then PB in L2, we were now spending way above our weight.

Just to clarify once again a great zone myth about PB's budget.... He was upset he could not sign two strikers in the summer of 2014 because our maximum wage was £1500 and strikers in national league South were earning more than that.

4 years later and we were offering three times those wages. Yet when very few of us flagged it up were openly mocked on here....No ambition, happy for mid-table mediocrity......anyone who doesn't demand promotion at the start for a each season has no 'passion'......Or how about the dozens of posts of why cant we be Bury. Lets sign 15 players and sack everyone behind the scenes......Even the fat lad with the fork wasn't safe.

Now it seems it was everyone else on here saying all this and rigsby is really Ron. You can even be a troll from incest land and get some likes. Germans who never noticed the concentration camps 2 mile form their home town.....They all hated Hitler after they lost.....Now its the same with Ron with his spending and sackings.

Still it not all bad news, Cricko asked what would happen to the zone if the club is no more......Personally I would sign us up as spin doctors for the Labour party or the Democrats... The skills shown on here is worth a lot of money.

P.S...... Dear Tangled this is a little joke and it no way does mean you can mention politics in your reply.....To you and all decent Shrimpers....Have a nice Monday. You have far worse to come in the very near future. :Winking:

Not often we agree on SZ.FWIW,I think tomorrow and Wednesday will be very difficult for all Shrimpers (and I'd include the rest of the season in that category (if we make it that far). :Sad:

Not often we agree on SZ.FWIW,I think tomorrow and Wednesday will be very difficult for all Shrimpers (and I'd include the rest of the season in that category (if we make it that far). :Sad:

I also meant the rest of the season but also in the 'New Normal" world. Which is for another thread but equally linked to the clubs future.

I had heard whispers that it wouldn't be paid in full, but I find it hard to believe that Ron would assume that he will get a sympathetic response again this time.

OBL , wash your mouth out with soap and water how can you infer dear Uncle Ron would possibly have told big porkies to all of us

Unc Ron assured us all the debt would be cleared in full by his asset rich Holding Company, the embargo cleared and Lloyds holding our season ticket money resolved

If this didnt happen it would make our Chairman out to be a complete flim flamming con artist, charlatan and Im sure he isnt

Back