• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd like to see;

Smith

White
Coker

Ferdinand
Thompson

Atkinson
Amos
Leonard
McLaughlin

MAF
Robinson

subs: Youth GK, Demetriou, Timlin, Wordsworth, McGlashan, Cox, Ranger

That is some bench too ! yes, not a lot of defenders - but White can cover CB, with Amos or Demetriou at FB as can Timlim if needed. I'd actually go as far as giving Wordsworth an evening off, but only maybe to put Innis on the bench (is he banned or injured??)

Id go with that team too. Got a good balance to it

Anyone else think Wordsworth is burnt out? Let's face it he hasn't played a full season for a long time. Could do with resting him tomorrow night.

Smith
Demi Thompson Ferdinand Coker
Atkinson Leonard Timlin McGlaughlin
Robinson/Ranger/MAF Cox
I have no idea who should partner Cox.

Smith ( if we had another goalie would drop him)
White, Thompson, Ferdinand, Coker
Atkinson, Amos, Leonard, Mclaughlin
Ranger, Robinson

Got to give Amos and Robinson a start. Great to see McLaughlin back and White in at right back a must but will Brown be brave enough!
Why would you drop Smith? He made a number of good saves on Saturday and couldn't have done anything about their goals. Ridiculous comment.

The players looked knackered on Saturday, a lot of them need a rest and the team needs to be rotated and should have been rotated a couple of weeks ago. I would go with:

Smith
White Thompson Ferdinand Coker
Atkinson Leonard Amos McGlashan (would say McLaughlin but he didn't look 100% on Saturday, too soon to start)
Fortune Cox

Unfortunately, Brown will probably end up not making the changes that are needed and end up dropping Fortune who despite being by far our most threatening attacker on Saturday, Brown felt it necessary to bring him off after 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, Brown will probably end up not making the changes that are needed and end up dropping Fortune who despite being by far our most threatening attacker on Saturday, Brown felt it necessary to bring him off after 30 minutes.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Smith
White Ferdinand Thommo Timlin
Mclaughlin Leonard Amos McGlashan
Ranger Fortune

Bench Cox, Wordsworth, Coker and Atkinson

Would quite like to see us start this with 2 wingers actually. Doubt this will be the lineup but I'd quite like to see the following:

Smith
McGlashan Leonard Amos McLaughlin
Ranger Robinson

Would quite like to see us start this with 2 wingers actually. Doubt this will be the lineup but I'd quite like to see the following:

Smith
McGlashen Leonard Amos McLaughlin
Ranger Robinson

great minds and all that - but I'd drop Coker and have Fortune against his old club.

....................................smith......................
O'neill.........thompson......white..........coker
mcglashan......leonard....amos......mclaughlin
....................robinson......ranger..................

Fortune , cox , timlin , atkinson , ferdinand, hines , bishop

Smith wont be dropped as Oxley still unfit and out for some time.

Where i was sitting on Saturday he cant be blamed for the first goal but i think he could have done better for the second.To his credit he made some decent saves after that.Those on front should take a long look in the mirror.

Needs some change to freshen up, not wholesale. Taking a gamble to start Amos at this stage is to much imo.

Smith
White, Thompson, Ferdinand, Coker
Atkinson, Leonard, Timlin, Mclaughlin
Ranger, Robinson

Smith
White Ferdinand Inniss Coker
Atkinson Wordsworth Lenny McL
ranger Robinson

Must win game ,City concede for fun,we need to go after them.

442 with Robbo paired with Marc/Ranger...personally I would keep Wordy in too.

The general consensus here appears that we should drop our two top scorers:thumbdown:

Back