• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Covid vaccine passes

One of the issues at the moment is that staff in the NHS are off sick with it at the moment and that is nit just doctors and nurses but, physio,OT, admin, pharmacies ambulance etc, etc and the list goes on.
If people are attending hospital then the chances are there are not enough staff to see them in a timely manner.

One of the issues at the moment is that staff in the NHS are off sick with it at the moment and that is nit just doctors and nurses but, physio,OT, admin, pharmacies ambulance etc, etc and the list goes on.
If people are attending hospital then the chances are there are not enough staff to see them in a timely manner.
Surely this is an argument for more severe restrictions being introduced asap?

Surely this is an arguement for more severe restrictions being introduced asap?
I think this is the political dilemma isn’t it. Even if the virus itself is reducing in severity and (fingers crossed) serious illness & death rates are reduced, it’s the sheer volume of people taken out by Covid and the knock on effects on the healthcare system and the workplace.

I’m hearing of more people testing positive now than ever before, maybe this is more people testing, not that that’s a bad thing I guess. Anyway on vaccine passes, why implement them (or negative tests for the non vacced) if they aren’t adequately checked. Defeats the purpose. Think people just want clarity & direction at this point backed up by clear data.

No, I disagree. There is more of an argument for mandatory vaccination. Very few people being hospitalised with Omicron unless they are either unvaccinated or have serious underlying problems. For the vast majority of people it is no different to having a bad cold or mild flu.

We have to learn to get on with our lives.

The one restriction that would have worked is to ban all travel in and out of the country.

Who cares if you have had your jabs. Seeing as that don't stop you spreading it why should the good people who have sacrificed any holidays in the last 20 months be punished?

No, I disagree. There is more of an argument for mandatory vaccination. Very few people being hospitalised with Omicron unless they are either unvaccinated or have serious underlying problems. For the vast majority of people it is no different to having a bad cold or mild flu.

I don't think it's that easy.

The estimation is that 1 million people a day could be infected, that's a real problem and would have a huge impact on the emergency services. Imagine ringing up for the fire service and the operator saying we don't have any fire crews eg.

Doing nothing isn't an option, it will have dire consequences on everything.

From what we know thus far, this variant seems to be less deadly however, it's more infectious which brings a whole new set of problems. If we don't do anything, half the Country could be off sick. Then throw into the mix "Delta" which is still about.

It's worrying times.

Something needs to be done, but I'm not a fan of mandatory vaccinations at all. It must remain freedom of choice.

I'll wait to get corrected here but I suspect that the vast majority of NHS staff with Covid are not off work due to being ill but rather having to comply with the 10 day isolation period. This is whats casusing the massive staffing issues across our economy.

Something needs to be done, but I'm not a fan of mandatory vaccinations at all. It must remain freedom of choice.

I'll wait to get corrected here but I suspect that the vast majority of NHS staff with Covid are not off work due to being ill but rather having to comply with the 10 day isolation period. This is whats casusing the massive staffing issues across our economy.
I'll be honest, I'm not either. As I've said elsewhere though there are several "communities" across the country where being vaccinated is a rarity rather than the norm, and it is these communities that are getting hit hardest by any form of the virus. Maybe we've just grown up being compliant about vaccinations, after all, diptheria, tetanus, polio, smallpox etc all started somewhere.

I'd say you're bang on about staff shortages too, further complicated by inflexibility in some companies in being made to use up or forfeit holiday by the end of the year. The NHS suffers every year at this time, just when it has it's biggest influx of patients. It desperately needs investment and expansion.

Mandates are not the way. Once you normalise mandates it grants far too much power to those enacting the mandates. What's next after that, mandatory smoking/drinking ban? Mandatory fitness classes?

Freedom of choice in life goes for every single choice even those you think people shouldn't have. I'd love to ban smoking altogether if I had my way but I'd rather people stopped by choice and I'd never want to force someone.

Mandates only logically work IMO if you had a course of vaccination which subsequently ends with likely full lifetime immunity, like MMR for schoolkids.

We already know that will never be the case with this virus. I'm not against vaccination by any stretch but how many will we need? 3,4,5,6,7? The number keeps changing.

I get what you're saying and you have a valid point. If you don't isolate people they could infect others (R) who then might have severe symptoms than the person who infected them.

As you say, something needs to be done, but what, Christ knows, it's getting silly now.

I get what you're saying and you have a valid point. If you don't isolate people they could infect others (R) who then might have severe symptoms than the person who infected them.

As you say, something needs to be done, but what, Christ knows, it's getting silly now.

There's only one real way out of this that I can see, let it rip through now that everyone who wants a vaccine have had 2-3 doses.

This has always been a no-no due to the deaths and hospitalisations but if, and it's a big IF, the Omicron varriant is far less severe then this maybe the only way out. Early data suggests it could be so I'm keeping everything crossed

The one restriction that would have worked is to ban all travel in and out of the country.

Who cares if you have had your jabs. Seeing as that don't stop you spreading it why should the good people who have sacrificed any holidays in the last 20 months be punished?
France and Germany are currently making the same mistake that the UK made with flights to South Africa.The soulition is not to ban all travellers but to make sure they are tested before departure.

Casting my mind back to October when we came back for a few days around our home game with Chesterfield, despite the fact that we'd been fully vaccinated, my wife was scared stiff that we'd pick up the virus in the UK.Fortunately we didn'tbut I can understand her concern.

France and Germany are currently making the same mistake that the UK made with flights to South Africa.The soulition is not to ban all travellers but to make sure they are tested before departure.

Casting my mind back to October when we came back for a few days around our home game with Chesterfield, despite the fact that we'd been fully vaccinated, my wife was scared stiff that we'd pick up the virus in the UK.Fortunately we didn'tbut I can understand her concern.

People in the UK are worried, you walk down the street and people are wearing masks again outside.

Last thing I saw was 767 people across the uk in hospital with Covid. Only 10 cases were Omricon and none of those 10 are on a ventilator. Omricon isn't causing mass panic on other countries so why is it here?

Surely Its that selfish "I've had my jabs so that I can have a holiday" mentality which has spread Omicon around the world.

Back