• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was that for a fee SK or on a free? when he signed for Stevenage it was undisclosed but rumours I've heard is we had £250k for him, how true that is I wouldn't know, but he was/is a top player, but getting in the side with a class act like eastwood is going to be tough for him IMHO

I believe he was a free transfer after he had been made redundant at Aldershot due to their financial issues.

What kind of player is Reid? Haven't seen enough of him this season to make my mind up. As someone touched on earlier, he doesn't look particularly pacey or strong so how does he score his goals? His finishing must be pretty class?!

What kind of player is Reid? Haven't seen enough of him this season to make my mind up. As someone touched on earlier, he doesn't look particularly pacey or strong so how does he score his goals? His finishing must be pretty class?!
I don't know how old you are amsemp, but he is something like a jimmy greaves, not very fast but knows how to finish. a natural goalscorer but no good playing him up front on his own, or you're wasting your time imo, anyway i'm off to the boozer and am looking forward to todays game and a county win but theres not going to be a lot in it

ncfc1...Welcome to the board and do us a favour and have Reid back...Not for me as a player!

Actually, I think Reid should be given a starting chance alongside Barry Corr for a few games. The guy on loan from Fulham has now had a fair crack of the whip. He is obviously going to be a player for the future, but we need someone who has an established track record of scoring in the lower leagues. I think it is high time Reid was given a real chance in the first team, particularly if Freddie Eastwood is going to be out for a while.

Sorry, but to me, Reid looks like one of those players who just simply won't score for us. Hope to be proven wrong (was about this time last year I berated Tomlins poor start for us!)

Great to see reidy come on yesterday. and was given a great reception by us, and although he didn't do a lot as we were so good on the day, he'll come good for you, that I know. Again fantastic away support considering the distance. WELL DONE:clap:

Great to see reidy come on yesterday. and was given a great reception by us, and although he didn't do a lot as we were so good on the day, he'll come good for you, that I know. Again fantastic away support considering the distance. WELL DONE:clap:

In the few minutes he has played for us he has been poor but the quality of the support for him yesterday suggests that if he were fit he would be worth persevering with although not as a lone striker.

Yesterday he had two touches in 25 minutes & one of them was a scuffed shot from distance.

Haven't see anything to excite me, but I guess Mr Brown was in a similar situation as Sturrock when he got here, just with a few already signed, that he didn't want & not a pot to pee in!!

His play has not been inspiring and maybe game time and fitness would improve that BUT when I see him in the dugout and watching the game he doesn't seem interested like (for example) Michael Timlin is. Before he comes on as sub he needs charging up and he should be giving it his all when he comes on; AND that is what I want to see from him.

Back