• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would people still say that Ripple XRP is a good investment now. Looking to start off making some small investments and thinking XRP and Telcoin would be a good place to start. Thoughts?

Also what would be the best website to trade on? I’ve signed up with coinbase and binance but tbh I don’t really have a clue what I’m doing ?.

Anyone else back in the bitcoin game? I brought some back in may at £7.5k, gutted I missed the £3.5k in march. I think with everything that has happened and the central banks turning on their printers we'll see some big increases in bitcoin. Think it will go above its peak of £15k in the next 18 months

It will be interesting to revisit this thread over the years. JP Morgan and Goldmans have a lot of bitcoin interests in a lot of funds. The US Dollar is going to suffer massively in the next few yrs IMO. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, nobody knows. Think it would be interesting to see what the sceptics and supporters think it's position will be in a year? 5 years time? 10 years time?

Anyone else back in the bitcoin game? I brought some back in may at £7.5k, gutted I missed the £3.5k in march. I think with everything that has happened and the central banks turning on their printers we'll see some big increases in bitcoin. Think it will go above its peak of £15k in the next 18 months

Over £11k today
Bank of England have upped their QE, now at £470bn since March! that is more than the last 11 years put together! Is it any wonder people are putting faith in bitcoin and its limited supply. Once the US election is over there will be an economic stimulus there as well. Looking very much like a bull market of bitcoin is just starting.

The £100 I put in many years ago out of curiosity is looking a lot healthier than I ever dared anticipate!

How many years ago? Do tell, I love hearing how much early adopters made
It was sometime in 2012 or 2013 and the exchange rate was about £100 I think - was very volatile at the time. I cashed in about half of it back about three years ago as I had a large unplanned expense but what remains must be just under £7k now, I will have to check. I don't really view it as a sensible investment I have to say, it was just a curio for me and I'm not convinced of it being anything other than a bubble.

Edit: looks like it was 2013!

It was sometime in 2012 or 2013 and the exchange rate was about £100 I think - was very volatile at the time. I cashed in about half of it back about three years ago as I had a large unplanned expense but what remains must be just under £7k now, I will have to check. I don't really view it as a sensible investment I have to say, it was just a curio for me and I'm not convinced of it being anything other than a bubble.
Lovely for a speculative investment!
Question is will you cash out if you believe this is a bubble? What level have you set as a cash out?

Lovely for a speculative investment!
Question is will you cash out if you believe this is a bubble? What level have you set as a cash out?
To be honest I'm not sure, as I didn't really view it as an investment at the time I almost don't view the money as real. I may dip in for a thousand or so of it this winter.

Bitcoin hit an all time high today, over £15k now.

The other crypto coins seem to follow the rise and fall of Bitcoin. Was very bullish a couple of weeks ago. XRP rose to about 80 cents but dropped again, just starting to pick up this evening.

I hope soon that Ripple Blockchain is used instead of Swift for faster payments which will allow XRP to break free from Bitcoin chain. I know Santander are well in with Ripple. Hopefully others will follow and XRP will really fly

The other crypto coins seem to follow the rise and fall of Bitcoin. Was very bullish a couple of weeks ago. XRP rose to about 80 cents but dropped again, just starting to pick up this evening.

I hope soon that Ripple Blockchain is used instead of Swift for faster payments which will allow XRP to break free from Bitcoin chain. I know Santander are well in with Ripple. Hopefully others will follow and XRP will really fly
Seeing ripple is in big trouble, I'm seeing quite a few reports predicting $0.10 by mid Jan.

Seeing ripple is in big trouble, I'm seeing quite a few reports predicting $0.10 by mid Jan.

SEC has filed a lawsuit on 22nd of December against Ripple claiming that it is an unregistered securities offering. This is causing most recent price drop for that may continue for some time. The fact the Santander etc have shown a big interest in ripple as a successor to Swift I think means all will be good in the long run

To be honest I'm not sure, as I didn't really view it as an investment at the time I almost don't view the money as real. I may dip in for a thousand or so of it this winter.
I did cash out about 1350 which is needed as my living expenses have increased a bit in the current situation.

SEC has filed a lawsuit on 22nd of December against Ripple claiming that it is an unregistered securities offering. This is causing most recent price drop for that may continue for some time. The fact the Santander etc have shown a big interest in ripple as a successor to Swift I think means all will be good in the long run
XRP has bounced back nicely for you

Back