• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Apart from the odd film, I've always had a problem with US comedy (I mean Jesus, just look at what they did to The Office
mad.gif
) but the trailers for CYE have tempted me. Would it be more advisable to start with season one rather than dip in to whatever BBC4 are showing now?

Wow... you REALLY need to watch the US Office again! Ignoring the first couple of episodes where they tried to remake the UK version word for word (:thump:), once they dumped that idea, it became one of the funniest programs I've ever seen.

Its so good, I think its actually better than the UK version - they are about to show season 4 in the US - and seasons 3 and 4 had around 30 episodes each, so its certainly got legs.

If you havent watched much after the first couple of episodes, then PLEASE give it another go - its ****ing ace! :)

Maybe it's my basic sense of humour but I was more than a little amused when he found out about the typo in the local paper regarding the passing away of a beloved 'aunt'.

Even funnier than Seinfeld in my view. Got all the serieso n dvd and can watch them over and over again. Considering most of it is improvised, its bloody genius.

When I'd said that the US Office was better than the UK one I'd only seen about ten episodes. I've now seen most of them and it's not even close. It's absolutely brilliant. Very different to the British show (a lot less subtle, with a wider cast and more like a traditional sit-com) but it's a really strong show in it's own right.

Curb is just comedy genius though. Can't wait for season seven.

I was also a big fan of the Larry Saunders show.

Saw 'The Hangover' last night (8/10) and was pleasantly surprised to see the actor who played Hank in Larry Sanders as the bride's father. Hank was a fantastic character. "Dear Dumb ****..."

Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh!

I recorded the final episode on More4 last Thursday. However, it was an extra long episode and Sky+ didn't pick up the last ten minutes (I believe this is More4's fault) so I don't know how it all ended up with Larry and Cheryl, with Seinfeld, etc etc.

Any advice on how to get hold of that last episode would be appreciated (but no spoilers please!). More4, in their infinite wisdom, only scheduled one repeat which was about five hours later. Nor is CYOE available on 4OD.

Back