• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dagenham Cup Game

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
Only 5 days until our big FA Cup 3rd round game with the Daggers, hardly any mention on here about it, or the Official Site, or in the local press.

I have heard that we have not sold many tickets yet. Is there a chance that the crowd for this match could actually be lower than the JPT 1st round match earlier this season (5,215) :eek:

Bought my ticket like 2 weeks ago. Gotta find it though. :D

Saturday the 5th, yeah? :D :D

Come on lets beat them good and proper. :D

Y'know this will be my first FA Cup game I've ever been to! Shocking!

Will Brian be announcing you're in attendance just before kick off then? :p

We shall be there....tickets already "in the bag"....not that I have a bag obviously, they are in me drawer actually but that doesnt work so well as a saying.

Will Brian be announcing you're in attendance just before kick off then? :p

We shall be there....tickets already "in the bag"....not that I have a bag obviously, they are in me drawer actually but that doesnt work so well as a saying.

I want a handshake from Ron, a pennant from Capt Kev and a free go with a Bluebelle of choice or I may not make another one!

That was actually my first ever Southend game! First Round of the Cup November 1986.

Just checked the SUFCDB and the scorers were Roy McDonough (2), Derek Hall and Richard Cadette.

The crowd of 4,273 was higher than most of our league games around that time, which shows how the FA Cup used to be bigger news than the league. Times change...

Got my ticket for the game - can't beat the magic of the cup...

In days of old an appearance in the 3rd round of the FA Cup would have seen the town buzzing with excitement. In the windows of all the butchers, bakers & greengrocers you would see blue & white bunting, paper chains, rosettes etc,.

Sadly it would seem that we might get a lower crowd than last seasons lowest ever 3rd round home crowd of 5,484.

Got our Dagenham tickets today. Still managed to get front row of the South Upper, although the centre blocks are pretty much full.

Depending on how many Dagenham bring we could get a 6,000 crowd. They made quite a bit of noise at the JPT game earlier this season so that should liven our fans up a bit as well.

My first FA Cup was v Brighton in 75, when we got the fifth round.

The reason why FA Cup games are poorly attended these days? Credit Cards. Back in the day when you needed a few quid in your pocket to get a season ticket, most people attended on a game by game basis. A few even prioritised the FA Cup.

Today we have thousands of people who got their tickets on plastic back in the summer who don't seem want to part with an extra few quid for the Cup.

Unless of course it Manchester United at home.

Back