• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dagenham Cup Game

Not that anyone will be interested but I think my first FA Cup game was played on a Sturday night in either the 1st or 2nd round against Dover Athletic. 4-0 or 4-1 I think, Ken Foggo amongst the scorers in either the 74/75 or 75/76 Cup..

I remember that game it was 4-1. We then beat Brighton 2-1 at home in the 3rd round, Cardiff 2-1 at home in the 4th round, with peter Sylvester scoring the winner in the last minute, and then in the 5th round 5,000 Blues fans converged on first division (premiership of those days) Derby where we lost 1-0. That was the same season we were relegated from the old 3rd division and Arthur Rowley got the sack.

I remember that game it was 4-1. We then beat Brighton 2-1 at home in the 3rd round, Cardiff 2-1 at home in the 4th round, with peter Sylvester scoring the winner in the last minute, and then in the 5th round 5,000 Blues fans converged on first division (premiership of those days) Derby where we lost 1-0. That was the same season we were relegated from the old 3rd division and Arthur Rowley got the sack.

Was at all of those home games, but IIRC it was Stuart Parker that got that last minute winner against Cardiff. I was in the South Bank aged 9, and got spat at by a group of Cardiff fans for celebrating.

I was actually wrong in that it was Boreham Wood at home in a 3-0 win the previous season which was my opening FA Cup game.

Tsk, you can remember all that, but couldn't remember us playing in the classic Admiral kit of the mid 70s :thump: :D :p

anyone hope that tilly maybe makes one or two changes? maybe a chance for scannell and richards

Was at all of those home games, but IIRC it was Stuart Parker that got that last minute winner against Cardiff. I was in the South Bank aged 9, and got spat at by a group of Cardiff fans for celebrating.

I was actually wrong in that it was Boreham Wood at home in a 3-0 win the previous season which was my opening FA Cup game.

You are probably right. My mind is a lot older and fuzzed than yours. Peter Sylvester scored against Brighton in the 3rd round. That enormous mob of Cardiff fans congregated in the car park after the game as most of us in the north bank had remained in place as the draw for the 5th round was made straight after the game had finished. Once we heard we had drawn Derby we surged out of the north bank as the taffs had started picking off stragglers in the car park and ran them all over the place.

I watched us beat Dagenham in the F.A.cup 2nd round at Roots Hall in 1969 (i think). We won 1-0 and the crowd was over 10,000. If any of these details are incorrect then i'm sure canvey shrimper will put me right.

I was at that one too, The Daggers striker Tony Bass was a friend of my Dad, having played at Woodford Town when dad was the Trainer (The bloke with the sponge and the bucket in pre-physio days for all the young uns out there)

Would've definately like to have seen Scannel against the Daggers but i think hes cup tied because he's played some cup qualifiers for Eastliegh.

Not sure if Richards is the right bloke.

But give him another go.

Possibly bring back mighty Flavs for the cup ?

:)

Tsk, you can remember all that, but couldn't remember us playing in the classic Admiral kit of the mid 70s :thump: :D :p

I was never anygood remembering outfits. I still get slaughtered today when the other half has something on and i ask if it's new, and then get a torrent of spiel that she brought it last year and has worn it many times!.

Would've definately like to have seen Scannel against the Daggers but i think hes cup tied because he's played some cup qualifiers for Eastliegh.

Yes, he's cup-tied!
I really would love to know why he wasn't even on the bench on Tuesday, surely even 10 minutes when we were chasing the game would have made the gamble worthwhile?

Yes, he's cup-tied!
I really would love to know why he wasn't even on the bench on Tuesday, surely even 10 minutes when we were chasing the game would have made the gamble worthwhile?

He couldnt have done any worse than the others who took the pitch. I was disappointed he didnt come on/make the bench/whatever aswell for what its worth.

My First FA Cup game was the 9-0 demolition of Kings lynn (Nov 68) Followed 3 weeks later by the 10-1 battering of Brentwood

We went on to win 2-0 away at Swidon in the third round finally losing 2-1 away at Mansfield in the 4th

the 21 goals in the first 3 Proper rounds and 22 in the first 4 are still records i believe as is the Speed of Billy Bests 2nd half hattrick against Brentwood

Best got 10 FA Cup goals that season, Gary Moore got 7

He has only just arrived from non league with little if any first team training.

I dont think it would have been wise to throw him to the wolves on Tuesday.

Some numpty behind me stood up screaming at Hooper for being a lazy **** just because he didnt manage to get on the end of a woeful pass booted into touch, god knows how Scannell would have felt to have got the same treatment.

Back