• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Dagenham & Redbridge FC v Southend United, Saturday 23rd October, 15:00, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Jason Demitriou

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • John White

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 56 70.9%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • Harry Phillips

• Jack Bridge

Votes: 64 81.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Louis Walsh

• Rhys Murphy

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 61 77.2%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Benji Kimpioka

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Win

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go 442 for now, something a bit solid that means no place for Akinola or Phillips, but I expect Kevs side to morph over the coming weeks.

Arnold
Howard
White
Hobson
Ralph
Walsh
Dunne
Ferguson
Bridge
Dalby
Murphy

SUBS: JD, Ogogo, Phillips, Akinola, Easter Egbri.

Iwould guess if Akinola is fit Curry may well bring him under his wing to restart his confedence that Brown destroyed .It may take a while so my guess subs bench if in the squd at all for now .

Is Maher actually in charge for this one? I swear I read perhaps a Echo article (could be wrong) saying his first fixture would be put back following Dover being postponed. Surely he must be in charge against Daggers, wouldn't make sense for him not to be.

Most of our defence are out and maybe the keeper so it looks like we will get thrashed.

Main thing is to get behind the team with the new management even with a thrashing to come. It's not Maher's fault he has inherited an injury prone dad's army team.

Don't think there's anyway we can get a result on Sat.Pleased that King Kev.has taken over but I suspect it'll be a while yet before he can turn things around.
I was just as pessimistic but seeing some of these teams being put down, I’m hoping we may see the right reaction. I was under the impression we were suffering more injuries than most here are suggesting.

Big following coming with us and playing a team that’s out of form, I think we very much can get something.

As poor as our squad, my suspicion is a monkey with just 20 minutes’ exposure to Match of the Day could’ve had them performing better than our outgoing manager.

Is Maher actually in charge for this one? I swear I read perhaps a Echo article (could be wrong) saying his first fixture would be put back following Dover being postponed. Surely he must be in charge against Daggers, wouldn't make sense for him not to be.
The article referred to Kev’s first HOME game….

Bit of a tough first game in charge, however at least they can assess the team against a decent NL team, would love to say we can get something from this game but maybe the game is a few weeks to soon.

As long as maximum effort is put in and some focus on attacking and getting players confident on the ball whilst looking to play forward would do for me as a start

Heart 1-1
Head 2-1

I've been suckered right back in after last nights announcement and just got tickets. I'll take a draw right now.
I think this line-up—with 3 defenders who really know what they’re doing—with a “padded” midfield and 3 forwards who know how to finish—should gain a point at the very least;
Arnold
Demi. Hobson. Ralph
Akinola Ferguson Dunne Phillips Bridge
Dalby Murphy

Don't think there's anyway we can get a result on Sat.Pleased that King Kev.has taken over but I suspect it'll be a while yet before he can turn things around.
We was 2-0 up against the so called big hitters in this division! So I'm sure we can beat dagenham and Redbridge and especially now we have a fresh start with kev,Currie and Bentley!!

Remember what Chesterfield did to us though
That's being very negative lol that was then and this is now! Fresh start right? New ideas? New manager bounce expected! These teams won't be turning us over the way they was! The only real time our players played for brown was against Wrexham and the second half against eastleigh!! I expect this group of players to perform now under this new management team!

That's being very negative lol that was then and this is now! Fresh start right? New ideas? New manager bounce expected! These teams won't be turning us over the way they was! The only real time our players played for brown was against Wrexham and the second half against eastleigh!! I expect this group of players to perform now under this new management team!

While I agree about a "fresh start " and "new ideas" Chesterfield your "then" was only a fortnight ago on Saturday.

Back