• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

Where's the source for this Bentley to Villa rumour? Why would he want to go back to the manager that dropped him from the first team?

I thought that too , but guess being dropped for a dip in form is different from the Manager not rating you.
Think , if the rumour is true , Bentley can think “even though he dropped me , he still rates me highly”

Didn't look too much to fault for PNE's goals, maybe their 'fans' should take a long hard look at the defence instead for appalling marking.

The whole Brentford team are in free fall down the league, was only a few weeks ago they were in top six, they gonna blame who they can at moment, need to regroup and stick together after there manager went.

They have a good squad, more so for being one of the smaller clubs in the league (somewhat akin to Bournemouth in the Prem). It's no wup to the new man to bring them around and consolidate. I don't see them as being relegation potential.

A sufc supporting mate of mine at work watched the game and unfortunately said Bentley a pretty horrendous 90 minutes (not just with the goals). Every player goes through a spell of poor form but with Daniels being a very decent keeper, I think Bentley might be due a spell on the bench unfortunately.

Dan hasnt featured for them since picking up a shoulder injury against Middlesborough on 3rd March.

He has officially been ruled out for the rest of the season at the begining of April.

Some Brentford fans think thats the last they've seen of him in a Brentwood shirt, and the club would look to sell him onwards, as he only has a year left on his contract.

Personally, i would welcome him back at roots hall at the drop of a hat, although in all honesty, i doubt he would, i bet a fair few Championship clubs would appeal to him than us.

Dan hasnt featured for them since picking up a shoulder injury against Middlesborough on 3rd March.

He has officially been ruled out for the rest of the season at the begining of April.

Some Brentford fans think thats the last they've seen of him in a Brentwood shirt, and the club would look to sell him onwards, as he only has a year left on his contract.

Personally, i would welcome him back at roots hall at the drop of a hat, although in all honesty, i doubt he would, i bet a fair few Championship clubs would appeal to him than us.
Can’t see him appearing in a Brentwood shirt,nor a Premiership one for that matter.

He won't be back unless he needs to be. Fantastic keeper for us mind.

This quote from the Brentford forum;

"We need better than he’s delivered this season and he’s in the last year of his contract so imagine we will sell.
Something has affected him negatively and his performances haven’t been up to the standards he set previously and we expect so reckon he will benefit from a change of club to kick start his career back on course.

Still think he’s shown he is a very good goalkeeper when everything is right, seems like it’s similar to Joe Hart and once things went wrong they went very wrong."

He was never going to be as good as many on here,and maybe he himself,thought(cf.Jack Payne).And certainly nowhere near as good as Joe Hart(was)!

Shame it hasn’t worked out for him, he looked class for us.

A friend of mine used to use the same hairdresser and said he was in there a couple of times he was bragging about how great he was.

Back