• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

This is the Twitter account, looking through the other claims I'd say this guy just makes rubbish up (including a claim about us signing a Peterborough player on a 3 year deal despite all reports saying he left Peterborough because he wants championship football) for retweets, I don't buy it.

https://twitter.com/TransferCentre9

Really? You can pick a good keeper up on a free. Why spend 800k?

Not that I believe the Stoke rumour but Bentley has time on his side and if he gets his act together then you could add another 0 to that figure if a PL club show interest.

Really? You can pick a good keeper up on a free. Why spend 800k?

Well just consider we effectively sold him for £1.1m, never mind the add-ons. 3 years experience at a higher level and he worth less than he was before being he was a proven Championship goalkeeper, still only 25 with a lot of potential still. It seems self explanatory to me.

Besides, in most players that are available for a free are usually free for a reason.

Well just consider we effectively sold him for £1.1m, never mind the add-ons. 3 years experience at a higher level and he worth less than he was before being he was a proven Championship goalkeeper, still only 25 with a lot of potential still. It seems self explanatory to me.

Besides, in most players that are available for a free are usually free for a reason.
The tweet that had him going to Stoke for £800k looks as if it was pure made up nonsense.

It would be criminal if we still didnt have a sell on clause as the article queries, especially if he did go for £4 million, we would be able to pay Kightlys wages:Smile:

It would be criminal if we still didnt have a sell on clause as the article queries, especially if he did go for £4 million, we would be able to pay Kightlys wages:Smile:

Wasn't Bentley's fee decided by tribunal?

As the next few weeks play out it will be interesting to see what happens with Dan and of course if he were to move whether we receive any compensation.
Brentford have just extended the contract of their young Swedish keeper Gunnarson . The club tend to give Keepers 4 year deals which Gunnarson has excepted. He and Daniel are also pressed by young England Under 21 goalkeeper Balcombe, also recently given a 4 year deal after good performances for Brentford B team. After knocking up two good years of 45 appearances each season, Dan lost a bit of form last year, making just 18 appearances, the Senior Keeper Luke Donald came back in and Gunnarson also made his first appearance

Donalds contract is up next May and Dans next July. I will watch with interest following the news piece about the Robins considering a £4m move for Dan. Having completed 108 appearances for Brentford does any one know when our appearance fee kicks in? I would have thought 100 a good number and there still seems a deal of uncertainty as to whether our sell on percentage exists? Perhaps the appearance fee thing would show up in the annual accounts if paid out already?

Back