• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

nicko1710

Mooney seems to divide opinion since he joined from what ive read, i think he had a good game saturday and is starting to click with Hunt, just needs to get the confidence with scoring ... what do you think people ?

Mooney seems to divide opinion since he joined from what ive read, i think he had a good game saturday and is starting to click with Hunt, just needs to get the confidence with scoring ... what do you think people ?

If we're playing a 4-4-2 then it's all about the strike partnership, with that in mind there are definitely promising signs between Hunt and Mooney, not least of all their work rate which is as good as I've seen in recent seasons.

Very clever player. Will make loads miss loads and score some.

Decent league 1 player

He looks somewhat budget "Championship" to me in style.

By that I mean he does some things well, but is very inconsistent at doing it rather than he is Championship quality. Premiership players are the ones who do very good things consistently (League One tend to be players who don't do anything outstandingly well but are consistent in what they do).

I would favour Pigott as partner to Hunt.

Showed some good vision Saturday and should have had an assist, and should have got on the scoresheet really as well.

Hunt actually missed an easier chance than Mooney got.

Impressed from what I saw on saturday (on the box). Piggott, however didn't though to be fair he was only on for 15(?) minutes.

Slightly off topic, but I think we must be careful not to write Pigott off before he gets started. There is a good player (for FL1) in there, PB just needs to bring it out. Easier said than done though with Hunt and Mooney currently in pole position.

Back on topic, for me, Mooney will need to score more regularly to make me feel that Johnny Stokes wasn't right in his assessment.

Not sure he will win me over, but I hope he does!
As has been said feel opinions will be divided.

To early to say...certainly seemed to link up well with Noel...here's hoping the goals will start to follow

When you consider Borient fans were sorry to see him leave. What we have seen is what we are likely to see a lot of from Mooney. He will score goals, he'll miss sitters and will miss penalties too.

He is a clever player and will be an asset. He'll get us 10-15 goals this season,which if Hunt can better, we'll have a good season.

Goals will come, the partnership with hunt looked like it was starting to gel on Saturday, combine that with the amount of chances created and start believing instead of looking for negatives.

Really impressed from what I've seen so far. He may have missed several good opportunities against Peterborough, but he got himself in some very good positions and is forming a good partnership with Noel Hunt. The ball he played to put Hunt through one on one was sublime and Hunt should definitely have scored it. Give it another couple of games and I think we'll see Mooney deliver the goods once he develops a better understanding with Hunt.

It's good that many on here feel the new Mooney/Hunt partnership is going to work, great, I want it to. But is anyone worried each time they put their sad old bones into a tackle that a game missing injury will follow? Not so much Mooney, as delivering hard tackles doesn't appear top of his list of stuff he's good at? Yeah, I know, off topic again, but it worries me.

He looks somewhat budget "Championship" to me in style.

By that I mean he does some things well, but is very inconsistent at doing it rather than he is Championship quality. Premiership players are the ones who do very good things consistently (League One tend to be players who don't do anything outstandingly well but are consistent in what they do).

I would favour Pigott as partner to Hunt.

Mooney for me to be honest, very promising partnership developing there IMHO.

Back