• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unless you were one of the 1068 against Halifax then you are not a true fan
tounge.gif

Canveyshrimper had to give up smoking at football during the 80's as it was too far to walk to the bloke standing next to him for a light......

Grim days
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 18 2005,09:08)]Unless you were one of the 1068 against Halifax then you are not a true fan  
tounge.gif

Canveyshrimper had to give up smoking at football during the 80's as it was too far to walk to the bloke standing next to him for a light......

Grim days  
sad.gif
And that was you Firestorm, no wonder we both gave up!!

If anybody seriously refers to me as a "day-tripper" tomorrow I will echo WS's policy decision of ensuring they know what a day-trip to the hospital is all about.

I still follow SUFC as fervently as I did when I was (relatively) local.  I live where I live for better work prospects and because of my other half.  I now have outside responsibilities with a 2 month old baby & can now only make games when I can.  It doesn't make me any less of a Southend United supporter.  I know we can't afford to turn people away but what these little pr1cks need to remember is that you don't get Southend without UNITED!!!!!

Rant over
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 18 2005,09:26)]If anybody seriously refers to me as a "day-tripper" tomorrow I will echo WS's policy decision of ensuring they know what a day-trip to the hospital is all about.

I still follow SUFC as fervently as I did when I was (relatively) local.  I live where I live for better work prospects and because of my other half.  I now have outside responsibilities with a 2 month old baby & can now only make games when I can.  It doesn't make me any less of a Southend United supporter.  I know we can't afford to turn people away but what these little pr1cks need to remember is that you don't get Southend without UNITED!!!!!

Rant over
mad.gif
Don't get upset by these ******** f*ckwits, you can't make it to as many games as you'd like because you're an adult with responsibilities and a life that consists of more than football and playing the PS2....
The tw@ts giving it the biggun are spotty little boys who still live at home with mummy.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 17 2005,21:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 17 2005,21:53)]hey Mike, what about Thurrock? Are they Franchise FC?
Moving from Purfleet to ... erm ... Purfleet?!

WS
Surely not a serious attempt to compare Thurrock with the appalling travesty which is MK Dons ?

Same club, same ground, same management team, same colours, same (handful of) supporters. Just a different name to reflect more accurately their precise location. (And maybe just to help with their sponsorship from nearby Lakeside Shopping Centre)

Its the same old story really though isnt it.
Every moans about it on here but nothing ever happens.
If the problem is as bad as some people say then why not as a collective do something about it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MilkeySUFC @ Nov. 18 2005,11:59)]Perhaps we should get the club shop to print up some 'Day Tripper In Your Seat' shirts?!?
Or stock Beatle wigs so any day-trippers can sing for approval!

How about all turning up in the oldest replica Shirt you own (or the T shirt of the Newcastle game) pointing at the accusers in their betterview shirts and calling them glory hunters.

I mean they are as much to blame for not being at Anfield in 79 as Glagow is for not going to Rushden in the LDV !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 18 2005,12:07)]I mean they are as much to blame for not being at Anfield in 79 as Glagow is for not going to Rushden in the LDV !!
Good point, well made!
I was at Nene Park in spirit though  
sad.gif

I might wear my Hi-Tec/Beaver shirt to Forest tomorrow now
tounge.gif

I will be at Forest tomorrow for my annual away trip, and if anyone refers to me as a day tripper I will not respond very kindly (even though by pure definition I probably am one).

I think it's unfair to blame the younger supporters for this sort of snoberry - I'm always hearing the 'I've been a season ticket holder for 40 odd years' line, usually used in the 'my opinion has more validity than yours' context. Really winds me up.

I overheard some young fans referring to some mature travelling fans at the LDV as day trippers, and they were quite abusive too, one young spotty chap was relaying his *yawn* I was there at Swansea memoirs.
....very sad

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 18 2005,12:07)]How about all turning up in the oldest replica Shirt you own (or the T shirt of the Newcastle game) pointing at the accusers in their betterview shirts and calling them glory hunters.

I mean they are as much to blame for not being at Anfield in 79 as Glagow is for not going to Rushden in the LDV !!
All my replica shirts are hanging in the wardrobe at least 4 sizes too small.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 18 2005,15:29)]Same here. Firhom is tiny now...
sad.gif
I have the telewest 'custard splat' shirt you can borrow....

If it doesn't shut them up, at least it'll frighten them off or make them sick
wow.gif

I don't think anything will fit me anymore. Time to lay off the Pork Pies mate...
blues.gif

My father is coming up for the Forest game. He has supported Southend for years but due to other commitments in the past few years he rarely gets a chance to see them. As this is his first away game for a year and a half does that make him a daytripper?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 18 2005,16:02)]My father is coming up for the Forest game. He has supported Southend for years but due to other commitments in the past few years he rarely gets a chance to see them. As this is his first away game for a year and a half does that make him a daytripper?

rock.gif
Is he making the trip upto Forest for a single day?? - Yes he is. wooohahaha.
tounge.gif

Back