• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2019

Ex French President Jacques Chirac beats Ginger Baker to the great beyond, dying at 86. Au revoir, bonne nuit Jacques.

After a slow start @Lord Football forges further away from the pack, he seems unstoppable now!!
SSID joins the chasing pack.

@Lord Football (John McCririck, Robert Mugabe, Jacques Chirac
Leah Bracknell) 4 Points

@Prawn (Doris Day, Bob Hawke) 2 Points

@Yorkshire Blue (John McCririck, Robert Mugabe) 2 Points

@Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset (Herman Wouk Julie Gibson) 2 Points

@Napster (Stanley Donan) 1 Point

@maninasuitcase (Shane Rimmer) 1 Point

@fbm (Doris Day) 1 Point

@Kingshrimper (Doris Day) 1 Point

@OldBlueLady (Sir Timothy Kitson) 1 Point

@CCcsiders (John McCririck) 1 Point

@Benfleet A1 (Rip Torn) 1 Point

@Clinton Baptiste (Robert Mugabe) 1 Point

@blues_r_best (Robert Mugabe) 1 Point

Last edited:
Barrie Masters lead singer of Eddie and The Hot Rods.

Suprised nobody's mentioned Jessye Norman has passed.I'll remember her as a wonderful gospel singer (not really interested in the other stuff she did) who I had the great pleasure of seeing live at Beziers bull ring a few years ago.

Suprised nobody's mentioned Jessye Norman has passed.I'll remember her as a wonderful gospel singer (not really interested in the other stuff she did) who I had the great pleasure of seeing live at Beziers bull ring a few years ago.

Wonderful CD of her singing Carmen, truly brilliant to listen

Barrie Masters lead singer of Eddie and The Hot Rods.

Didn't see that coming. Last saw the Rods almost exactly a year ago on their farewell/retirement tour. Masters was still a very energetic frontman with the audience in his hands.

Together with Dr Feelgood, I have seen the Rods perform live far more than any other band, Over the years Barrie Masters has been the only constant member across the two bands. Gigs include a couple of great Rods performances at the Hall (Shrimpers Bar) in the 70's and a less memorable one upstairs at the Blue Boar a couple of years later with an audience of about 20 in attendance.

Only 63 (I thought he was older) is no age to go. R.I.P. Barrie.

Saw him drumming for Hawkwind in 1980 at my first ever gig. That's when I found out I hated drum solos! Nothing against Ginger, that's all drum solos.
When I was young(er) this track from Cream was the coolest thing we had ever heard. We would sit in the pub reciting this in a 'Ginger' voice. Totally bizzare now but great fun then.

Kim Shattuck, musician who played with The Pixies amongst others, dies of ALS age 65. RIP Kim.

Kim Shattuck, musician who played with The Pixies amongst others, dies of ALS age 65. RIP Kim.
Her band The Muffs made really good melodic pop punk, I used to use their debut album as get happy music.
She is more famous most recently for being sacked from the Pixies for crowd surfing but I will remember her most for the first Muffs album.

RIP Kim.

Her band The Muffs made really good melodic pop punk, I used to use their debut album as get happy music.
She is more famous most recently for being sacked from the Pixies for crowd surfing but I will remember her most for the first Muffs album.

RIP Kim.

I listened to some on Spotify and they're great. No idea how they passed me by.

Farewell Ginger, You've finally closed down your shop...you didn't want to twas all you had got...I grew up listening to Cream and you were an integral part of it. RIP mate.

Back