• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2019

After the sad passing of our favourite African megalomaniac/ psychopath, we now have 3 posters in joint first place with @Lord Football coming from nowhere to share the lead.
Maybe, now with Autumn fast approaching, some of our more senior 'picks' may start feeling the cold!

@Prawn (Doris Day, Bob Hawke) 2 Points

@Yorkshire Blue (John McCririck, Robert Mugabe) 2 Points

@Lord Football (John McCririck, Robert Mugabe) 2 Points

@Napster (Stanley Donan) 1 Point

@maninasuitcase (Shane Rimmer) 1 Point

@fbm (Doris Day) 1 Point

@Kingshrimper (Doris Day) 1 Point

@Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset (Herman Wouk) 1 Point

@OldBlueLady (Sir Timothy Kitson) 1 Point

@CCCSiders (John McCririck) 1 Point

@Benfleet A1 (Rip Torn) 1 Point

@Clinton Baptiste (Robert Mugabe) 1 Point

@blues_r_best (Robert Mugabe) 1 Point

Last edited:
Ian Gibbons died a few weeks back. He joined the Kinks later in their career. He was also my Dad's cousin, so my second cousin. The funeral was at Southend crem, and was attended by Ray and Dave. They're speaking again and writing new songs, but apparently by the look of Ray, I wouldnt be so sure - hes looking very ill.

Songs at the funeral included Radiohead's No Surprises (which Ian sang to his daughter), a version of Days which Ian performed on, and the crowd left to Mahna Mahna.

Ian Gibbons died a few weeks back. He joined the Kinks later in their career. He was also my Dad's cousin, so my second cousin. The funeral was at Southend crem, and was attended by Ray and Dave. They're speaking again and writing new songs, but apparently by the look of Ray, I wouldnt be so sure - hes looking very ill.

Songs at the funeral included Radiohead's No Surprises (which Ian sang to his daughter), a version of Days which Ian performed on, and the crowd left to Mahna Mahna.
Sadly , Jim Rodford who was in The Kinks with Ian died last year .

A little known fact is that Mugabe was actually born in Yorkshire. Don't believe me?......Just read his name backwards.

I just know the singles, and I can't stand "Drive". Maybe I'll check them out on Spotify.
I love Drive, one of my favourite singles of the 1980s. You should definitely check out the first Cars album - if you can't get into that then they're probably not for you.

Fernando Ricksen, ex captain of Rangers, dies of Motor Neurone Disease just 43. RIP Fernando.

Larry Wallis, Original Motorhead guitarist and early Stiff records artist who toured with Elvis Costello and Ian Dury on the famous first 'Stiffs live' tour has passed away aged 70. Another little chunk of my youth disappears.

Last edited:
Larry Wallis, Original Motorhead guitarist and early Stiff records artist who toured with Elvis Costello and Ian Dury on the famous first 'Stiffs live' tour has passed away aged 70. Another little chunk of my youth disappears.

Should mention that Rob Noxious' 'mate' Wreckless Eric was also part of said Stiff tour.

Back