• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game was crying out for Deegan Saturday.We had totally lost the midfield due to Shrewsburys physical and tactical play.We needed a fighter in the middle to compete.

We have won once with the team in general playing at times terrible,if Deegan cannot get in when we are struggling,god help him then if we begin smashing teams.

The game was actually crying out for someone to dictate the tempo, lead the team and remember Barry Corr is now at Cambridge !

I agree with the first 2 points but cannot see remembering where Barry Corr has gone has anything at all to do with this.

We have won once with the team in general playing at times terrible,if Deegan cannot get in when we are struggling,god help him then if we begin smashing teams.

So which is it? Are we generally playing "terrible" or are we just terrible at times?

Of the games I have seen the only one I would say we were terrible was against Walsall.

On the other hand we played very well against Peterborough. I don't seem to recall you suggesting Deegan starting the game against Shrewsbury, or as always are you just a hindsight expert.

So which is it? Are we generally playing "terrible" or are we just terrible at times?

Of the games I have seen the only one I would say we were terrible was against Walsall.

On the other hand we played very well against Peterborough. I don't seem to recall you suggesting Deegan starting the game against Shrewsbury, or as always are you just a hindsight expert.

So from the last 3 homes games,we have been terrible twice,sooooooooo playing terrible and Deegan is nowhere near the pitch,my point why sign him wasting valuable budget if he ain't playing even when we are playing terrible.

So from the last 3 homes games,we have been terrible twice,sooooooooo playing terrible and Deegan is nowhere near the pitch,my point why sign him wasting valuable budget if he ain't playing even when we are playing terrible.

We do also play away from home where our form and performances have been pretty good. Our last 3 home games were against Swindon, Peterborough and Shrewsbury. The worst of which was the last one, but none of which I would call terrible as you claim (and certainly not 2 of them).

Ironically the worst performance was against Walsall, which was the last time Deegan played (although I would not lay all the blame at his door). Up until last Saturday there was nothing to suggest that Deegan would have improved the team.

I am not overly fussed about Deegan and would say it was borderline as to whether we should have signed him. It is only September though, he does offer something different from our other players, and I have no doubt he will make a contribution over the season.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the suggestion Deegan would have been the answer on Saturday!!!

Anyway mrsblue clearly started this thread as a distraction to the fact that 442 didn't work on Saturday; which can't be true as football is simple, just play 442 every week

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the suggestion Deegan would have been the answer on Saturday!!!

Anyway mrsblue clearly started this thread as a distraction to the fact that 442 didn't work on Saturday; which can't be true as football is simple, just play 442 every week

It doesn't matter what system you play if 10 players play badly on the same day!

Phil chased and waited for Deegs to sign his deal,2 years I think ?

134 minutes and unused sub for the past few games.

Cannot for the life of me understand signing any player who will hardly figure in the first team,I think Deeg is a combative player more suited to the mad football played in league 2 or the conference .

Daft signing.

I think he is a decent ball winner but not much else. If you wanted a ball winner play Timlin in the middle and give Weston or Mcloughlin (Cant believe I am saying that) a chance.

If you have a tricky away and you fancy a double pivot then Deegan and Timlin are both starters and as were struggling as it is I don't think he is a bad option if you wanted to be solid at the back.

Indeed, we have played poorly twice so far, the rest were decent performances.

It doesn't matter what system you play if 10 players play badly on the same day!

The system and the way Shrewsbury were set up and played contributed to their performance though.

They wouldnt have played half as badly if the play was more open.

The idea that this jobber is signed to a two year deal while Owen Garvan is allowed to sign for a relegation rival... Disgrace.

He signed a one year deal and plays a different role to Garvan, and a fraction of the cost.

True, but the point I was making is 442 isn't always the answer, Saturday being an example of that, as it did have an impact

I've fortunately never had the displeasure of meeting Mrs. Blue. Is she as slow in the head as she appears in messages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back