• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNasty

It is with deep regret that, after 14 years, I am stepping down from my involvement in running the Zone.

I have suffered from health problems for the last 6 years, culminating in a total relapse that means I cannot function to the high standards I set myself.

My support for Southend United and the Zone will not waver --- it is a great shame that after spending massive amounts of time looking after the Zone that I have to take a step backwards.

I leave the Zone in John's more than capable hands while I work on making myself better.

Like the football club and managers, people move on but the Zone will continue to be one of the best Fans' sites around and it has been a privilege to have been involved for such a long time.

I would like to thank all the members for their support of the Zone, long may it continue.

So sorry to lose you mate, but your health comes first and it is totally understandable.... You more than anybody have given your heart and soul to running these forums over the years and on behalf of myself and I am sure all the members on here we cannot thank you enough for all you have done my friend.

A new Director will be appointed in the near future to take Ken's place but it will be very hard to fill his shoes.

Thanks for all your hard work ,I've only been here for a short while but would like to wish you all the very best for the future

Sorry to hear that Ken.

I am sure I speak for everyone in thanking you for helping to bring us all Shrimperzone, wishing you all the very best in the future, and looking forward to you making a full recovery.

Hey fella, sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope that retired life and fresh air 'oop north' is the best therapy to make you feel better.

Best wishes from all of us over here in Brisbane mate.

Sorry to hear your news Ken. Your dedication and commitment to this site has kept it going over the years. My best wishes to you for the future and trust you will continue to post on your site.

Really sorry to hear this Ken. Don't really know anything about your illness but hope you recover soon. Also hope you've got plenty of support up there in the northern wilds mate.

Crikey Ken, I thought you were indestructible. Do whatever is necessary to recover your health and when you are better I hope to see you back on here. In the meantime, onwards and upwards mcnasty!!

Just get well. I trust you will from time to time contribute still. Thanks for your efforts and for what they have given to so many on here. All the best.

You have done a sterling job on here sir....wishing you better.

Ken, really saddened that you have to step down, and even more saddened that it's due to health issues.

As you know, I've had my issues over the last few years and I also had to take a step back from some things that I loved but one's health and well-being should always be your guide. Fortunately, I'm largely out of the woods now and I wish you the same outcome.

Thanks for all you've done for the Zone, it truly is a monument to the efforts put in over the years.

All the best, mate. :thumbsup:

Oh, and whenever you're down for a game you know where to find me to claim a cheeky pint, or two... :winking:

Sorry to read about you stepping down mate. Your health has to come first though and I hope that you start feeling better soon. Much love from your Row D fans :) x

I can only echo what others have said. When I go to matches I am with just one mate, but through this forum I feel part of something bigger and I have learnt so much that I didn’t know such as, hungry players = good players, Ferdinand is on £5000, or was it £10,000 a year, I can’t recall, and that it’s possible to rate some one as poor in a match report, but still rate them as good overall.

i owe this all, and more to the zone.

i hope you recover as much as possible ( ps can your parting gift be to van a few p just st for a laugh:smile:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back