• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anybody know how I can get Dell to amend my delivery timings?

Ordered a notebook from them last night, but just found out it's due to be delivered between 8am & 6pm (how in this day & age can they not be more specific) next Thursday (which unfortunately co-incides with my drive down south that day).

As nobody will be home, I don't want the issue of them saying "we tried to deliver it, but nobody was there to collect/sign for it" & then try & sting me for another £50 to deliver it again. I remember how inflexible they were in even providing details of the courier company last time I ordered a desktop from them.

I tried to be clever and get it delivered either to my work or my parents address but they have a huge disclaimer on their online store which says the delivery address must be registered with the credit card company, surprise suprise, my credit card company can only hold one address & they screwed up changing it last time when I moved so I didn't want the hassle of doing that again!

Any help/advice much appreciated.
Cheers!

Try Here

Or Here

It's the only thing I can suggest, sorry mate

rock.gif

Nah, did all that last time & they were worse than useless. If they weren't such value for money I'd not have bought through them again!

My main problem relates to their "promise" that all orders received before the end of the weekend will be subject to a 48 hour delivery. This is obviously not the case.
sad.gif

On your order confirmation email (may be a PDF file), there is normally details of an account manager - call them...

Even if it is a pain to get the delivery company's name from Dell, I'd imagine that would probably be your best bet. Then you can contact the delivery company directly and either ask them to hold it for a few days or ask them to drop it off at a neighbors house (assuming you trust your neighbors of course!).

Easiest way to solve this is by ringing up credit card company and changing your address for a few days with them while the order goes through. Not sure that is any good in this case as assume payment already been taken? But it is something others may want to keep in mind for the future...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 30 2006,11:08)]Anybody know how I can get Dell to amend my delivery timings?

Ordered a notebook from them last night, but just found out it's due to be delivered between 8am & 6pm (how in this day & age can they not be more specific) next Thursday (which unfortunately co-incides with my drive down south that day).

As nobody will be home, I don't want the issue of them saying "we tried to deliver it, but nobody was there to collect/sign for it" & then try & sting me for another £50 to deliver it again.  I remember how inflexible they were in even providing details of the courier company last time I ordered a desktop from them.

I tried to be clever and get it delivered either to my work or my parents address but they have a huge disclaimer on their online store which says the delivery address must be registered with the credit card company, surprise suprise, my credit card company can only hold one address & they screwed up changing it last time when I moved so I didn't want the hassle of doing that again!

Cheers!

Citylink delivered mine last week if that's any help.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 01 2006,11:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 30 2006,11:08)]Anybody know how I can get Dell to amend my delivery timings?

As nobody will be home, I don't want the issue of them saying "we tried to deliver it, but nobody was there to collect/sign for it" & then try & sting me for another £50 to deliver it again.  I remember how inflexible they were in even providing details of the courier company last time I ordered a desktop from them.

Cheers!

Citylink delivered mine last week if that's any help.
Cheers, I'll maybe also try them.

Called the account manager (more like random customers services person in Mumbai) yesterday and they are hopefully bringing forward the date of manufacture. I span them a story that me & the Mrs were away for 3 weeks from Thursday morning & that it was essential the new PC was delivered by then. They're getting back to me on Monday with hopefully a revised date.

Back