• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Diane Vickers

But made into a Masterpiece by Jeff Buckley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ

Pure spine-tingling, hairs on the back of the neck standing up stuff. I remember when I first got the album Grace playing that track on repeat over and over again I was so stunned by it's beauty.

Now watch the winner of X-Factor royally stuff it up. Wouldn't it be great if someone re-releases this version as a rival to the X-Factor one, maybe as a charity thing? The X-Factor would still outsell it ten to one but at least millions of people who don't know Jeff Buckley will get to hear what is, for me, the definitive version of the song.

I have no words that would surpass yours Libs.....I love Tim Buckley's and his son's music.It is an awful shame they both died so young , but at least they left a Fantastic legacy.

YES the claw is out. thank God for that all we need know is that kid to go and we will have a decent competion

Alexandra must be strong favourite now with Eoghan (spelling) not far behind. JLS outsiders for me

I have seen a few of the shows now and I rekon the last hope for a long career for one of this years lot has been voted out tonight.

Alex - nice voice, great legs, boring as anything
JLS - not bad, quite liked them at first but haven't improved much
Eoghan - shocking, can't sing high or put any strength in and he is obviously a child of the corn.

images

Diana was the only half decent one left, certainly annoying but at least not he same as hundreds of other people in the country. Alexandra will get compared to Leona too much I rekon and she just ain't as good.

She performed best when she got voted off! Sorry, really didn't like her voice and she's been canoodling (allegedly) with little Eoghan while having a boyfriend on the outside apparently. Alexandra and JLS were by far and away the best performers last night.

Eoghan will not make a long career out of this if he wins, then again how many X Factor winners have. Diane will still be the most successful out of them all.

Praise Allah she is out. Everytime I see her I can only think of George from Rainbow. Her voice is like the pink hippo and the hand movements in front of the ugly mush are akin to Zippy's best mate.

The only downside of her going out is the fact that the talentless Ugo Ehiogu stays in for the final. Surely his longevity in this is down to the fact that he garners to Irish vote. Short ar$e little prat!

Praise Allah she is out. Everytime I see her I can only think of George from Rainbow. Her voice is like the pink hippo and the hand movements in front of the ugly mush are akin to Zippy's best mate.

The only downside of her going out is the fact that the talentless Ugo Ehiogu stays in for the final. Surely his longevity in this is down to the fact that he garners to Irish vote. Short ar$e little prat!

Nice to hear from you! Probably right about the Irish vote, could well slip through because of that to be the runner up.

I've just sat through Jane's daughter YouTube of Diana Vickers. She is dire! She couldn't hold a note in a bucket. She flat & off key! She has a strike rate of hitting notes as Revell has of hitting the target!!

She's not even eye candy! Thankfully I will be in the Spread when this crap comes on the TV this Saturday night! The only worrying thing is Cricko might ask for it to be put on the Spread's big screen!

:scared:

Really pleased that Diana's gone. I thought she did alright in the early stages of the competition, she stood out as someone a bit quirky, a bit different. But in recent weeks, I've just got really bored of her as she does the same thing every week and that squeaking thing she does is now sounding a bit tired and unoriginal. I was worried that the producers were setting it all up for her to win.

I agree with OBL, Alex and JLS were comfortably the best performers last night. Alex clearly is the biggest talent in the competition, but will she be able to pull in the votes next week?

Now watch the winner of X-Factor royally stuff it up. Wouldn't it be great if someone re-releases this version as a rival to the X-Factor one, maybe as a charity thing? The X-Factor would still outsell it ten to one but at least millions of people who don't know Jeff Buckley will get to hear what is, for me, the definitive version of the song.

Blimey - should have put a bet on!

Back