• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

such a shame, i would say at least 90% of fans showed repect, pity a few did not, idiots. its pretty hard for clubs to stop people bringing in flares etc, only thing to get the law to crack down on them if caught.

trying not to be horrible some of the security staff are getting on a bit (I am as well)

Last edited:
Being of the slightly, shall we say, experienced brigade, what's so great about flares anyway? (Not the Saturday Night Fever ones, they were fab!)

What's wrong with a good old fashioned bog roll .. Those things really used to fly, if you got the trajectory right!:cool:

Some tool in the South Lower also shouted out "come on Southend", as the silence began... Some disgusted looks (including from his horrified son), soon put him back in his seat

From where we were sitting you could clearly hear some of the Luton supporters who were still outside singing, a Southend supporter told them to shut up (explicitly) and this caused a reaction from the other Luton supporters. Then both the Southend and Luton supporters were saying sssh whereby it then all quiet down.

That's pretty much what I heard too, and I was very close by to whoever shouted it out.

Luton fans singing outside the ground just after the mins silence, 1 Southend fan responded, and it caused a reaction from Luton fans in the ground. As pointed out earlier in the thread, everyone in W was disgusted at the minutes silence being interrupted. Both Luton fans and that Southend supporter in the wrong imo, other Southend voices around me were trying to restore peace as quick as possible to continue the minutes silence.

Sad to see unfortunately, have never witnessed Southend fans break a mins silence before, until today.

From where we were sitting you could clearly hear some of the Luton supporters who were still outside singing, a Southend supporter told them to shut up (explicitly) and this caused a reaction from the other Luton supporters. Then both the Southend and Luton supporters were saying sssh whereby it then all quiet down.

Word for word.

Whoever shouted during the minute silence should be killed so should the moron who threw the smoke bomb. Absolute morons.

Why has this not been bought up by anyone else? But excessive to say someone ought to die! The Luton fans chanting weren't even in the ground

That's pretty much what I heard too, and I was very close by to whoever shouted it out.

Luton fans singing outside the ground just after the mins silence, 1 Southend fan responded, and it caused a reaction from Luton fans in the ground. As pointed out earlier in the thread, everyone in W was disgusted at the minutes silence being interrupted. Both Luton fans and that Southend supporter in the wrong imo, other Southend voices around me were trying to restore peace as quick as possible to continue the minutes silence.

Sad to see unfortunately, have never witnessed Southend fans break a mins silence before, until today.
I was in W block...Luton fans were chanting outside, Southend fans were telling them to shut the **** up not Southend fans fault imo

The smoke bomb annoyed me.

Minutes silence for the Bradford Fire and someone feels it is a good idea to let off something like that and carry in something that is essentially a fire hazard. No need for it. Morons.

I was in W block...Luton fans were chanting outside, Southend fans were telling them to shut the **** up not Southend fans fault imo

Not entirely Southend's fault, but still some blame from where I was. Really that Southend fan who shouted at them shouldn't have lowered himself to their level just to respond to them during the minutes silence, because it ended up causing more of a disruption. 99% of everyone in W and around me were totally disgraced and disgusted at what happened.

Minutes silence for the Bradford Fire and someone feels it is a good idea to let off something like that and carry in something that is essentially a fire hazard. No need for it. Morons.

I feel the same. It's a real shame, because TBV do a brilliant job of drumming up an atmosphere, but that was badly thought out. Could get our club into trouble and the timing was terrible (with a minutes applause for the Bradford disaster prior to the match).

I don't think our fans would be stupid enough to do something like that deliberately because of the minutes silence for the Bradford fire incident. If anything, it would've been for the occasion and the fact it was such a big game. No idea who it was, but it wasn't from anyone involved with TBV I don't think.

Don't let that detract from what was such a great atmosphere and win yesterday though

Not entirely Southend's fault, but still some blame from where I was. Really that Southend fan who shouted at them shouldn't have lowered himself to their level just to respond to them during the minutes silence, because it ended up causing more of a disruption. 99% of everyone in W and around me were totally disgraced and disgusted at what happened.

He shouldn't have shouted it out sooo loudly. It was obvious they were outside the ground. Seemed like he was just trying to show off, but it backfired IMO.

He shouldn't have shouted it out sooo loudly. It was obvious they were outside the ground. Seemed like he was just trying to show off, but it backfired IMO.

Shouldn't shouted it at all during the silence imo. A minutes silence is a minute of silence, no responding to anyone regardless of what they do. Make your thoughts known after the minutes silence is up, which 99% of our supporters did.

Totally agree.
The way I heard it was that Luton fans still outside the stand were singing.
The Southend fan that reacted was rightly upset , but in hindsight should have ignored like the majority were doing.
Difficult to do , but the right thing nevertheless.
His action then caused the Luton fans in the stand to take the moral high ground ( although not very high at all ).
Not at all defending the Luton fans who started singing , but it could just be that as they were still 'outside' and already singing that they were not aware the minutes silence had started.
All in all , no side came out of that covered in glory.

Back