• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

do people really think was tillys fault?

Tilson_Blues

Youth Team
serious question i couldnt belive that i saw some people blame him when laurent joined us he was a great forward who would you rather walker? freedman ? no i thought laurent needs some bloody studs couldnt stand up all game and also i think WE NEED A NEW lm moussa has been awful lately and was embarresing today

Laurent is far better on the wing, with the ball at his feet running at players, I'll go out on a limb and say he's one of if not the best in this division at it. His pace and skill is wasted upfront when he is getting no service.

Tilly's fault?
Overall yes, his tactics were wrong.
But the players didn't help the cause by going to sleep after the second whistle or giving away a free-kick for the second goal.

The hard work and taking control of the game came to nothing in those 12mins of the second half. Such a shame because on paper we were due a hiding and it was far from that.

Ultimately it IS the manager's responsibility.

It's his task to select the right team, apply the correct tactics, and to a certain extent ensure the team are fully motivated.

He was found wanting in all three yesterday.

Ultimately it IS the manager's responsibility.

It's his task to select the right team, apply the correct tactics, and to a certain extent ensure the team are fully motivated.

He was found wanting in all three yesterday.

Way I see it too. I rarely criticise but the management duo have to be at fault for their tactics, and I also say for the team selection.

Way I see it too. I rarely criticise but the management duo have to be at fault for their tactics, and I also say for the team selection.

Agreed. In Tilly's defence he's lacking players of first team quality but to basically change two midfield player's roles because he has no faith in the strikers on the books (Barnard excluded of course) was wrong. Walker or even Scannell should have started up front , not ideal I know.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing is that the obvious failings haven't been pointed out with the benefit of hindsight.

Whilst we couldn't have imagined a few of the team running around like it was a pre-season friendly, there was a feeling of doom in the South Lower just before kick-off when we knew who was playing and where.

"This is going to be a long afternoon" one sage opined. It didn't have to be and wouldn't have been if the management had done their job.

No not Tillys fault,his hands are tied,blame the permed one.

fully agreed, you are blaming a man that is trying to run a competative football team with players that are simply not good enought bar 2-3 to play competatlivly at this level, there is a fine line between standards of players, and to why they are up to standard or not, not always to do with skill and for what ever reason the majority of that team hand on heart you wouldnt have playing competativly at this level if you had a choice, and thats the problem tilly doesnt have a choice. morrison barrett francis macca and barney are the players I feel are compitant at this level, ok I am going to upset you all now, and I tremble at the thought of you all pressing your little red buttons, but moosa (or how ver he is spelt) is absolute toilet men angainst boys, Grant is poor the reason the guy signs a new contract becasuse he knows hes on a good thing hear, and that big lumbering cheeese eating surrender monkmey doesnt have a clue, I feel sorry for the masses that worship there skill its a shame we have been brain washed over the last couple of seasons into thinking that these players are up to standard because they are not, we will only win scrappy law of averages games with this squad. I feel sorry for tilly you can alll see what can be achieved and what he is capable of with a squad remotley upto Div 1 -2 standards and that team today would be the majority of league one teams reserve team. Remember you can lead a dog to water but you cant make it drink........

oooh and lastly before I leave again for another 3 months or soo Ian Joyce was absolutely shocking, and thats our reserve goalie? remember our old reserve goalies Paul Newell ? SImon Royce? Martin Margotson

OOOh and PPS the atmoshphere was appauling an absolute joke Its a feking derby for gord sake

see you all in the spring losers........

Last edited:
there is a fine line between standards of players, and to why they are up to standard or not, not always to do with skill and for what ever reason the majority of that team hand on heart you wouldnt have playing competativly at this level if you had a choice, and thats the problem tilly doesnt have a choice. morrison barrett francis macca and barney are the players I feel are compitant at this level, ok I am going to upset you all now, and I tremble at the thought of you all pressing your little red buttons, but moosa (or how ver he is spelt) is absolute toilet men angainst boys, Grant is poor the reason the guy signs a new contract becasuse he knows hes on a good thing hear

Interesting opinions considering your infrequent visits - but I make you right.

No not Tillys fault,his hands are tied,blame the permed one.

What a load of crap. Tilly chose to play Laurent up front rather than on the wing. His hands weren't tied there. Bad tactical mistake by Tilly cost us yesterday. As soon as Laurent moved onto the wing and Grany moved into the middle, we looked a much better team.

I would have started the game with either Walker or Scannell up front, Grant in the middle and Laurent on the wing.

Macca is a poor mans Grant in the middle at the moment. Grant gets played out of position constantly and gets criticized for his game but put him in the middle and it all comes good.

What a load of crap. Tilly chose to play Laurent up front rather than on the wing. His hands weren't tied there. Bad tactical mistake by Tilly cost us yesterday. As soon as Laurent moved onto the wing and Grany moved into the middle, we looked a much better team.

I would have started the game with either Walker or Scannell up front, Grant in the middle and Laurent on the wing.

Macca is a poor mans Grant in the middle at the moment. Grant gets played out of position constantly and gets criticized for his game but put him in the middle and it all comes good.

Calm down pal,and stop talking bollox.

WTF is the matter with people today, why is everyone getting at each other? For God's sake, it's still technically Christmas holiday time, has all the spirit of goodwill disappeared? Blimey, if people are feeling so arsey today maybe they should go back to bed and start again!

WTF is the matter with people today, why is everyone getting at each other? For God's sake, it's still technically Christmas holiday time, has all the spirit of goodwill disappeared? Blimey, if people are feeling so arsey today maybe they should go back to bed and start again!

Couldn't agree more , I know we're all hacked off with the result yesterday but surely we're all SUFC fans. Never seen so much vitriol on here towards each other , we're all entitled to our opinions on here whether you agree or not !

Back