• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

do people really think was tillys fault?

Yes come on guy's let's keep it friendly, no need for name calling this is meant to be a debate.

Oh dear,big brave fella ain't ya,going to orient tomorrow?

Hang about, I am the one giving it the big un (apparently) yet you are the one that replied to my post with no reason, just an inane reply.

I am not going to Orient, I have a lovely wife and 2 smashing kids that I do like to spend some quality time with.

Why going to an away match has anything to do with knowing a bit about football is beyond me. If you think that, you are a fool my good friend.

If that is the way your mind works then when I was younger, I never missed a game, loved the North Bank, it was my second home was an STH for many years, travelled to Italy to watch the Blues play and followed to many different parts of England. Do I know a bit more about football now

or

are you hoping I am going to be at Orient so you can take me round the back and have a word with me.

Either way, you have made yourself look an arse!

What a load of crap. Tilly chose to play Laurent up front rather than on the wing. His hands weren't tied there.

Yeah but unfortunately otherwise Tilly has the ****** choice of Walker and Freedman to choose from. Both have provd they are not good enough at this level. So either way, whoever Tilly plays up top, he can't win with some people. i.e. he plays Freedman, I criticise it. Walker gets played X amount criticise it, Laurent gets plsyed up there and X amount criticise that. I think the reason everyone is so ****ed off is because playing Laurent up top has cut out our creativity from midfield. But that's not Tillys fault. We have no-one in our team who at present is capable of doing anything creative.

The facts are there for all to see, and as Cockles said we don't have a team to compete at this level IMO. Add to that the fact that morale is obviously non existent, and tbf it's no surprise after the HMRC business, players not being paid, transfer embargo's etc. This team is poor. One of the worst we've seen for many years.

One person we should not be blaming is Tilly. The man who should be put to the test is Dr.Warchest.

What we should realise is this...... Until we get into the new stadium (if we ever do) we will continue to drift from season to season trying to achieve the best we can, i.e. mid-table, avoid relegation, flirt with PO's, but with no real dreams of promotion or that because we don't have the money to buy new players of decent quality and therefore cannot compete.

Our problem is the team basically picks itself at the moment as we have no quality in depth. We could have any manager at the moment, and the team selection will be no different and the results no different

WTF is the matter with people today, why is everyone getting at each other? For God's sake, it's still technically Christmas holiday time, has all the spirit of goodwill disappeared? Blimey, if people are feeling so arsey today maybe they should go back to bed and start again!

Hang on, who let you out of the kitchen? The housework won't do itself you know!!!

;):whistling:

Hang about, I am the one giving it the big un (apparently) yet you are the one that replied to my post with no reason, just an inane reply.

I am not going to Orient, I have a lovely wife and 2 smashing kids that I do like to spend some quality time with.

Why going to an away match has anything to do with knowing a bit about football is beyond me. If you think that, you are a fool my good friend.

If that is the way your mind works then when I was younger, I never missed a game, loved the North Bank, it was my second home was an STH for many years, travelled to Italy to watch the Blues play and followed to many different parts of England. Do I know a bit more about football now

or

are you hoping I am going to be at Orient so you can take me round the back and have a word with me.

Believe me if swissy wanted to do something you would have know about it by now.

but ffs we are all Southend

or

Like i said,you talk bollox.

Yeah but unfortunately otherwise Tilly has the ****** choice of Walker and Freedman to choose from. Both have provd they are not good enough at this level. So either way, whoever Tilly plays up top, he can't win with some people. i.e. he plays Freedman, I criticise it. Walker gets played X amount criticise it, Laurent gets plsyed up there and X amount criticise that. I think the reason everyone is so ****ed off is because playing Laurent up top has cut out our creativity from midfield. But that's not Tillys fault. We have no-one in our team who at present is capable of doing anything creative.

The facts are there for all to see, and as Cockles said we don't have a team to compete at this level IMO. Add to that the fact that morale is obviously non existent, and tbf it's no surprise after the HMRC business, players not being paid, transfer embargo's etc. This team is poor. One of the worst we've seen for many years.

One person we should not be blaming is Tilly. The man who should be put to the test is Dr.Warchest.

What we should realise is this...... Until we get into the new stadium (if we ever do) we will continue to drift from season to season trying to achieve the best we can, i.e. mid-table, avoid relegation, flirt with PO's, but with no real dreams of promotion or that because we don't have the money to buy new players of decent quality and therefore cannot compete.

Our problem is the team basically picks itself at the moment as we have no quality in depth. We could have any manager at the moment, and the team selection will be no different and the results no different

He still bought Walker on in the second half, moved Laurent to the wing and the team looked and played much better. There is no reason whatsoever that he could not have started the game like this, his hands were not tied.

Well said GBJ. To be honest putting Laurent on the wing and having Walks or Doogie up front, I really doubt it wouldve made any difference. We were 2nd best most of the game. The effort levels and morale seemed very low. Wonder if there have been further financial problems in the background? I cant blame Tilly for coming out and saying we shouldve won, hes on autopilot in post match interviews. He knows he has nothing to work with.

He still bought Walker on in the second half, moved Laurent to the wing and the team looked and played much better. There is no reason whatsoever that he could not have started the game like this, his hands were not tied.

But see, that's my point. Walker has been slated for his performance yesterday. I have no doubt in my mind he'd have played the same whether he had started or not. He is quite crap at this level being totally honest. Same with Freedman. Tilly then has to decide which one of these useless ***** gets to partner Barny, where in truth, it should be neither (In fact i'd go as far as saying i'd be happy if they were ****ed off out of the club come Jan/summer)

So simplified, Tilly tries to use his main creative player up top and gets critiscised by some. Tilly tries to use his one creative player in midfield and gets criticised (by me :) ) for playing Freedman/Walker up top.

Bottom line is, we don't have the players available to do anything good. Relegation is a very real possibility, and we need to be looking, in unison, at one person in particular, and it ain't Tilly

Last edited:
Any blame attributed to Tilson is short sighted IMO. What other choice did he have with Laurent? Walker gets poopy pants in front of goal, as proved with the one on one yesterday, and Freedman is lame.

Did anyone else notice that Ronnie Martini did the off before the final whistle yesterday. He's staked the clubs stability on a ****ing pipe dream and is reaping the rewards. The quicker people get used to the idea of a relegation battle the better. Feel sorry for Tilson, he deserves better.

Any blame attributed to Tilson is short sighted IMO. What other choice did he have with Laurent? Walker gets poopy pants in front of goal, as proved with the one on one yesterday, and Freedman is lame.

Did anyone else notice that Ronnie Martini did the off before the final whistle yesterday. He's staked the clubs stability on a ****ing pipe dream and is reaping the rewards. The quicker people get used to the idea of a relegation battle the better. Feel sorry for Tilson, he deserves better.

But I still think somebody else could have done better in this situation then Tilson

Couldn't agree more , I know we're all hacked off with the result yesterday but surely we're all SUFC fans. Never seen so much vitriol on here towards each other , we're all entitled to our opinions on here whether you agree or not !

Agreed and I am fed up with others not allowing opinion on this site without using offensive language.

Disagree yes.... insult other peoples opinion no... imo (if its allowed)

But see, that's my point. Walker has been slated for his performance yesterday. I have no doubt in my mind he'd have played the same whether he had started or not. He is quite crap at this level being totally honest. Same with Freedman. Tilly then has to decide which one of these useless ***** gets to partner Barny, where in truth, it should be neither (In fact i'd go as far as saying i'd be happy if they were ****ed off out of the club come Jan/summer)

So simplified, Tilly tries to use his main creative player up top and gets critiscised by some. Tilly tries to use his one creative player in midfield and gets criticised (by me :) for playing Freedman/Walker up top.

Bottom line is, we don't have the players available to do anything good. Relegation is a very real possibility, and we need to be looking, in unison, at one person in particular, and it ain't Tilly

I know what you are saying, but as much as you and others think Walker is rubbish, he is quick and pulls defenders out of position whether he has the ball or not. This then creates space for Barney, Grant, whoever to fill the gap left by the defender following Walker.

Half the game of football is creating space. If a player makes a run into the channel, whether he receives the ball or not, a defender has to follow him. This will always create a hole for someone to run into.

We were better with Walker and Scannell on the pitch, and for that reason we should have started off that way, no matter how bad you think Walker is, off the ball running and movement is crucial and with a quick player running into space, no matter how good/bad he is, whether he gets the ball or not, he has created space by dragging the defender with him.

I get so frustrated when people constantly slag players off. All they want from a striker is to score goals, but that's not what it's all about. Admittedly, it's what wins you games, that and good defending, but you have 2 strikers in a team, one will invariably score a lot more than the other, one is the scorer, one is the diverter, it's how strikers play.

Last edited:
Back