• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you have more respect for the StJPT/LDV?

adwebb16

Coach
Will you be watching the St Johnstons Paint Trophy Final aka LDV Vans final this year?

After your previous two encounters with the said cup do you appreciate how much it means to the teams that are in the final? Will you be watching it?

I will be watching the final this weekend, because i know how much it meant to me as a fan when we reached the finals in L1&2.

I've entered a couple of competitions to try & win tickets for Sunday.
Got no feeling for either of the Rovers but as you say, it's a good day out for the fans and very often a good game.

I'll be watching. Give me games like this over Premier$hite b0ll0cks anytime.

Oxford v Dagenham tonight.. much better than something like Fulham vs Blackburn

Couldnt agree with Blueblood more, ill be watching the final thinking about the pain in the **** coach journey i had for the Blackpool final and imagining the excitement on the fans faces when they walk up the steps for the first time to see the inside of the Mill stad

I'll be watching. A great day out, and I'll be thinking back to some fantastic memories of our trips to the Millennium, especially as this is the last English final to be held there.

Blackpool and Carlisle also had two Football League Trophy finals in Cardiff like us, and Blackpool, Cambridge and Wrexham are the only other teams like us who have only ever played the final of the competition at the Millennium and not at Wembley. Doncaster will join that group on Sunday.

For all that the new Wembley sounds absolutely amazing, I am still going to miss the Millennium Stadium. A fantastic stadium, and three amazing trips there, never to be forgotten!

Not sure about watching it, as I dont have sky and its not a match my mates would really want to go see at the pub. My mates a rovers fan and he is getting so excited about it as they will take so many to the game.
Its a great cup for the lower leagues, I feel that a team only realises this once they get far in it. They still remain the two most important cup games we have ever played in, only the man united match comes close really in my time.

Rovers have a good exciting team and there games go either way, and it seems the same with donny.

I've already made my money on it with Rovers getting to the final this year but I may watch it. I have to admit that it's hardly top of my agenda.

Realistically I probably won't be watching it but I have a tremendous amount of respect for it as a Competition.

One of the few low points of last season was going out in the first round. Would have loved to have gone back for a 3rd crack at the final.

I won't be watching it as it clashes with CD Javea vs Santa Pola CF but I would normally be interested, far more than a Premier**** game ...

I won't be watching it as I've not got Sky. My girlfriend's dad is a Donny Rovers fan, though, and has been asking me about Cardiff pubs and hotels for the past couple of months. He's been like a kid at Christmas, you can tell what it means to him.

Back