• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A friend of mine, who is an Everton supporter and watches them home and away, went to Roots Hall v Plymuff, the first time in 10 years that he'd been there.
He enjoyed the experience, but the first thing he said about it was that he couldn't believe the "ridiculous expectations" of the home fans.
He found it funny that , in his words "bog standard 4th Division players were expected to be world beaters".

Yes we do have moaning whinging fans who could rival the negativity of any other in the League.

We have had for decades and it will probably never change because there is a nasty undercurrent of negativity at the Hall.

Those of us who have "seen it all before" will sit back and sigh as Joe McBoggins, our new top striker signed for 3 bob from Little Wakering Athletic, shins the ball into touch.

Others will gleefully abuse the poor devil even in the warm up.

Even if you tell them to shut the f up, like I have done to Benny the Mouth in West Stand block T, they bide their time and come back.

Loyal supporters!

must have been sitting in the wrong part of the ground, never heard any anti gower stuff but then again would have been stunned, always enjoyed watching gower player and shocked he went.

must have been sitting in the wrong part of the ground, never heard any anti gower stuff but then again would have been stunned, always enjoyed watching gower player and shocked he went.

I can certainly remember plenty of anti-Gower invective from both East and West in my time.
Having said that I was pleased that Blair Sturrock went off to a rousing ovation from the East against Plymouth(maybe they were just pleased to see him go)on Saturday.
FWIW, in terms of home fans abuse I was astonished by the amount of stick that Murphy took from so-called Fulham fans last Sunday(in the Johnny Haynes aka Stevenage Road stand) against Man City(and was really pleased he scored the equalising goal ,albeit from a double deflection)and also the boos that Duff came in for when he went down(obviously)injured and was later subbed.

Back