• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Take a look at Donny rovers new ground which is currently under construction, I like this stadium alot and I would be thrilled if we had something similar...

Holds 15,000 initially but can be extended to 20,000 if the need arises, perfect size for us I feel...

Ron, Take note...

PS, Ron, please can we NOT have the running track around the perimeter of the pitch, I feel this would decrease the atmosphere, I'd like the fans right on the edge of the pitch for optimium acoustics...thanks..

Lakeside Stadium - Doncaster

smile.gif

Nice. Not bad at all. I would still like a two tier main stand though...

There is definately a two tier thing going on there though?...

Looks like they have a row of exec boxes in the middle, and seats above and below these?....

Yes please Ron..

smile.gif

Not bad at all - I second your point about the running track, grounds with these annoy me as it places the supporter quite far from the on-pitch action.

I don't think that with a newly built atletics track just down the road Ron would consider the extra expense of a running track

Also Southend AC (who are now a British league division 3 and therefore one of the top 25 teams in the UK) have had bitter experiences with sharing with a football club (Manor) before and the limitations it places on traing , especially the heavy throws).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tomasufc 4eva @ Feb. 04 2006,12:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Feb. 04 2006,10:11)]also whilst reading Football Forum i came across this, which p%&sed me right off

Current Stadiums under construction or proposed
Why on earth would the franchise scum want a stadium with a 30,000 capacity - they struggled to bring 100 to us from only 70 miles away!
Because Milton Keynes will soon have an additional 300-400k of population.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Draft Shrimper @ Feb. 09 2006,21:18)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Feb. 04 2006,10:11)]also whilst reading Football Forum i came across this, which p%&sed me right off

Why on earth would the franchise scum want a stadium with a 30,000 capacity - they struggled to bring 100 to us from only 70 miles away!
Oh and just one more thing, 30,000 house are planned to be built in Southend. Yes i did say thirty thousand. Obvoiusly we're talking a good few years away yet but that should bring in some additional support.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Draft Shrimper @ Feb. 09 2006,21:18)]
[b said:
[b said:

I was thinking that. A bit like Darlington I suppose...

Back