• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsblue

Banned
Don't offer Phil any new contract !

His style of football has no place in the modern game as its dull tedious and awful,His philosophy of nicking 1 0 wins is daft to say the least.We are devoid of any attacking ideas as Phil's stupid tactic has been found out.

Shaq could score 5 own goals and have a shocking game then head butt Phil and will still be selected for the next game,What must he do to actually get dropped from the squad?

I no longer look forward to games as I seem to be going out of duty as I know the entertainment will be secondary !

Brown out and take Penney too.

His style of football has no place in the modern game as its dull tedious and awful,His philosophy of nicking 1 0 wins is daft to say the least.We are devoid of any attacking ideas as Phil's stupid tactic has been found out.

Shaq could score 5 own goals and have a shocking game then head butt Phil and will still be selected for the next game,What must he do to actually get dropped from the squad?

I no longer look forward to games as I seem to be going out of duty as I know the entertainment will be secondary !

and the options for replacing him are whom? anybody who was there yesterday , would agree that it wasn't good, me included, but when they win four on the bounce, we all get excited... This has always been a roller coaster of a ride... And we are in a iffy place right now...if we win another four on the bounce then the perspective will be different

Oh for goodness sake......another one of mrsblue's so well thought out new threads following on from a loss :facepalm:

Oh for goodness sake......another one of mrsblue's so well thought out new threads following on from a loss :facepalm:

She does have a point though. The philosophy of scoring once then shutting up shop isn't something I want to be associated with really but have no choice. PB's tactics are archaic to say the least. We really need to play a different style. We o 1-0 and we have no options. We played yesterday without a properly recognizable striker at all. I don't care who's listed as a striker at the club, the only 'strikers' we have are Corr, Barnard and Williams. Coulthirst ISN'T a striker.

Also, someone mentioned yesterday people post abusive replies to your posts because you talk down to people in your posts. The above I deem to be one of them

After 20 months in charge we are going nowhere with Phil as yesterday's game illustrates.

I agree - not the best of games yesterday and certainly a "bad day at the office" however, I personally do not like all this kind of talk as it tends to go personal to an individual and then onto a witch hunt.
Heaven forbid when I have a bad time at the office ( which I hasten to add is increasing) and feel that people want me to leave.
I am sure no–one feels this more than the man himself as he too would like success and he sure as hell is not here doing the job for nothing

Although in hindsight I do think PB did get his tactic's wrong yesterday

Last edited:
After 20 months in charge we are going nowhere with Phil as yesterday's game illustrates.

We are in a higher league position than we were this time last year. Last season we lost in the play offs. I assume you're of the age that you want everything today and if you're don't get it straight away the toys come out of your pram.

The league table still disagrees with you.

We are in a higher league position than we were this time last year. Last season we lost in the play offs. I assume you're of the age that you want everything today and if you're don't get it straight away the toys come out of your pram.

Spot on.

Just over a week ago we had posts saying we were going to win the league, two disappointing results and now Brown should be sacked.

We wont win every game we play, and away to Luton was always going to be a tough one.

We are 3 points off of the automatics, people need to have a little reality check.

The league table still disagrees with you.

For now it does but the simple truth is we are 5th on luck more than judgement ,Any team playing the way we do does not deserve anything and normally in football poor play will be found out.The style of play is horrendous driven by an old dinosaur who only thinks 1 0 wins and stuff any entertainment !

We ain't going up not with Phil in charge.

I would say that 'nicking' 1-0 wins are not the sole desire of PB.
In fact I would guess this approach is adopted by many Managers , some in much loftier positions.
The Special One at Chelsea is certainly an exponent of this.
Even at home , their whole approach changes at 1-0.
Yes they can then beat teams by 3 or 4 , but these are usually results of clever counter attacking by world class players.
I take your point of us lacking a plan B at times , but this is a results business and L2 particularly difficult to get out of.
I would take promotion right now , with the hope that the standard of players and level of football improves as we go up.
I think PB is doing the best with what he has available to him.

Some sympathy with Mrs blue again. Unless we change things on the pitch then we will be in league two again next season with a far more talented squad than we had last season. Whilst Brown has assembled that team well he seems clueless on how to use them effectively in this lower division. I was aghast when I settled into my seat yesterday and saw the line up. Does the man not learn from his mistakes? If I was Jack Payne I would be looking to get out of this club Asap to ensure he can further his career which is going to be a fine one. To not be able to get into this team at the moment is an embarrassment considering hurst and Weston are getting berths ahead of him. Any kid is entitled to the odd less effective game but to be dropped for it smacks of poor management all over. I also am tentative about a new contract for Brown until he can demonstrate he can handle the necessaries of League Two and refrain from being so stubborn at the cost of this club.

I would say that 'nicking' 1-0 wins are not the sole desire of PB.
In fact I would guess this approach is adopted by many Managers , some in much loftier positions.
The Special One at Chelsea is certainly an exponent of this.
Even at home , their whole approach changes at 1-0.
Yes they can then beat teams by 3 or 4 , but these are usually results of clever counter attacking by world class players.
I take your point of us lacking a plan B at times , but this is a results business and L2 particularly difficult to get out of.
I would take promotion right now , with the hope that the standard of players and level of football improves as we go up.
I think PB is doing the best with what he has available to him.

I honestly believe if Phil played an attacking expansive game with 2 up top we would easily gain promotion!,After 20 months in charge we still lack any goal threat and Phil refuses to alter him game plan.

I honestly believe if Phil played an attacking expansive game with 2 up top we would easily gain promotion!,After 20 months in charge we still lack any goal threat and Phil refuses to alter him game plan.

How is your 532 attacking or expansive. You have 2 less wide players and an extra defender. Thats more defensive than how we play now.....

Some sympathy with Mrs blue again. Unless we change things on the pitch then we will be in league two again next season with a far more talented squad than we had last season. Whilst Brown has assembled that team well he seems clueless on how to use them effectively in this lower division. I was aghast when I settled into my seat yesterday and saw the line up. Does the man not learn from his mistakes? If I was Jack Payne I would be looking to get out of this club Asap to ensure he can further his career which is going to be a fine one. To not be able to get into this team at the moment is an embarrassment considering hurst and Weston are getting berths ahead of him. Any kid is entitled to the odd less effective game but to be dropped for it smacks of poor management all over. I also am tentative about a new contract for Brown until he can demonstrate he can handle the necessaries of League Two and refrain from being so stubborn at the cost of this club.

But to be fair Payne did very little in his last two games and is still a kid. Many didnt put him in their predicted teams this week.

I wouldnt say that was being dropped, more rested/used sparingly.

This this this this and this again !

Dropping Jack was unforgivable yet dear old Shaq is guaranteed his place no matter what.

How is your 532 attacking or expansive. You have 2 less wide players and an extra defender. Thats more defensive than how we play now.....

352 !

No idea where you got 532 from certainly not from me.

For now it does but the simple truth is we are 5th on luck more than judgement ,Any team playing the way we do does not deserve anything and normally in football poor play will be found out.The style of play is horrendous driven by an old dinosaur who only thinks 1 0 wins and stuff any entertainment !

We ain't going up not with Phil in charge.

We didn't play like that against York and Stevenage though.

Also, the Sun stats yesterday showed that we are something like 5th highest in all of League One and Two in terms of shots on goal, and the top league two side for shots on target.

That doesn't really back your belief up, does it? The defensive style of play as alluded to by you won't produce that number of goal attempts.

What it does show - and I agree with you on this - is that Coulthirst (who has had most of the shots on target I reckon) probably isn't up to it.

This this this this and this again !

Dropping Jack was unforgivable yet dear old Shaq is guaranteed his place no matter what.

Jack Payne is a kid who plays in the position we have the most depth in. Shaq plays in a position where everyone is out of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back