• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your 5 you have two fullbacks/wingbacks, they then form the 5 when defending. They are still defenders.

2 up front is the key ,

We defend at present with everyone behind the ball so when we gain possession we have no out ball so we muck about going sideways or back home.

For now it does but the simple truth is we are 5th on luck more than judgement ,Any team playing the way we do does not deserve anything and normally in football poor play will be found out.The style of play is horrendous driven by an old dinosaur who only thinks 1 0 wins and stuff any entertainment !

We ain't going up not with Phil in charge.

As a matter of interest, assuming we stay in and around the play offs/automatics, just how far into the season do we have to get before you actually concede - providing Brown stays, of course - that we may have a chance of going up?

2 up front is the key ,

We defend at present with everyone behind the ball so when we gain possession we have no out ball so we muck about going sideways or back home.

As we have already discussed this before, how are we getting everyone behind the ball if its our midfielders scoring all the goals. How is an attacking foursome of Shaq/Weston/Hurst and Payne defensive?

From someone who went on a rant that we bring everyone back for corners I wonder if we are watching the same game.

Scoring too few goals does not mean we are too defensive, it means we are not good enough in the final third.

We didn't play like that against York and Stevenage though.

Also, the Sun stats yesterday showed that we are something like 5th highest in all of League One and Two in terms of shots on goal, and the top league two side for shots on target.

That doesn't really back your belief up, does it? The defensive style of play as alluded to by you won't produce that number of goal attempts.

What it does show - and I agree with you on this - is that Coulthirst (who has had most of the shots on target I reckon) probably isn't up to it.

Would rather have quality shots than quantity where most efforts are well wide or ballooned over.Phil's tenure has been one long haul of us not scoring anywhere near enough.

As we have already discussed this before, how are we getting everyone behind the ball if its our midfielders scoring all the goals. How is an attacking foursome of Shaq/Weston/Hurst and Payne defensive?

From someone who went on a rant that we bring everyone back for corners I wonder if we are watching the same game.

Scoring too few goals does not mean we are too defensive, it means we are not good enough in the final third.

Yet we have the Tottenham starlet up front !

Would rather have quality shots than quantity where most efforts are well wide or ballooned over.Phil's tenure has been one long haul of us not scoring anywhere near enough.

Wouldn't we all.

But the point is that we are actually having the goal attempts and we wouldn't be if we were too defensive, as you suggest.

What it does show is that we aren't good enough up front.

Yet we have the Tottenham starlet up front !

We have had Weston up front last two games with Shaq out wide, and he has still come closer to scoring. Why do you always focus on Coulthirst?

If you arent happy with the choice strikers thats one thing Id agree with, but just because they arent putting chances away doesnt mean we are defensive.

If we are too defensive then why are you even having a pop at strikers.

The problem isnt the system or a defensive mentality, its quality and we are lacking that in the final third.

Wouldn't we all.

But the point is that we are actually having the goal attempts and we wouldn't be if we were too defensive, as you suggest.

What it does show is that we aren't good enough up front.

Totally, and I wouldn't restrict that to just the strikers but more as an attacking force as a team.

As a matter of interest, assuming we stay in and around the play offs/automatics, just how far into the season do we have to get before you actually concede - providing Brown stays, of course - that we may have a chance of going up?

Phil proved to me during the 13 game winless streak he ain't up to it,Phil proved to me in the play offs he wasn't up for it.
His overall record here is ordinary and check back out last 30 league games as its poor.

IF we gin promotion with Phil I would be stunned as his style deserves nothing IMO.

Jack Payne is a kid who plays in the position we have the most depth in. Shaq plays in a position where everyone is out of form.
I would prefer to see Payne play wide on left. He runs into trouble and is crowded out coming through the middle. With more space he might create more chances in the box which we are not doing at the moment.

Brown said on his post match interview that the attitude on the pitch and the player relationships behind the scenes are not the same as last season, and that he needs to find out why.
I would like him first of all to look at himself, for favorism in the selection of out of form players over those who wait their chance and perform well in minor substitute appearances can't be helping.

Phil proved to me during the 13 game winless streak he ain't up to it,Phil proved to me in the play offs he wasn't up for it.
His overall record here is ordinary and check back out last 30 league games as its poor.

IF we gin promotion with Phil I would be stunned as his style deserves nothing IMO.

But you didn't answer the question.

At what point in the season do we have to be when you will concede that he has a chance of taking us up?

So, here's the deal - only applicable if Brown is still here of course.

At the end of March we will be in the top 7.

If we aren't, I will pay £100 to a charity of your choice.

If we are, you pay any sum of money you like to a charity of my choice.

If Brown has gone by then then the bet's off.

Deal?

But you didn't answer the question.

At what point in the season do we have to be when you will concede that he has a chance of taking us up?

So, here's the deal - only applicable if Brown is still here of course.

Deal?

Why would I risk 100 quid when I would be better off placing that amount at the betting shop and winning money !

Last 34 league games we have collected only 48 points and scored a pathetic 36 goals.

Not good enough IMO as Sturrock was sacked for having a better record .

PB's team selections do seem rather odd. I'd put the Morecambe defeat down to the old jinx, but yesterday's performance was poor. Also, Bolger should not have been allowed to continue following that nasty crack to the head and their second goal may not have happened.

I've wondered why PB doesn't give Barnard an extended run. He looks fit enough to me and has played quite well when he gets on. Why not start him for a few games to restore his confidence? He can't be worse than Shaq.....

Why would I risk 100 quid when I would be better off placing that amount at the betting shop and winning money !

Last 34 league games we have collected only 48 points and scored a pathetic 36 goals.

You're not. I said any sum of money money you like. I don't know you're personal financial circumstances and wouldn't dare to presume that you are even a gambler, hence the suggestion of a donation to charity? I'm the one risking £100.

So, will you back up your belief with actions?

Deal?

Because FBM's suggestion is altruistic whereas yours is about you and what YOU can get out of this.

Put up or shut up!!!

Sturrock, played far more defensively and negatively than Brown, and he played with the same formation yet scored more goals.

Strange...

Sturrock was sacked for being outside of the play offs, Brown finished in them last year and or so far is still there this year.

You're not. I said any sum of money money you like. I don't know you're personal financial circumstances and wouldn't dare to presume that you are even a gambler, hence the suggestion of a donation to charity? I'm the one risking £100.

So, will you back up your belief with actions?

Deal !

I can pay any mount of my choosing so 10 pence it is then.

When you cough up your 100 please send to Any pet rescue charity.

Because FBM's suggestion is altruistic whereas yours is about you and what YOU can get out of this.

Put up or shut up!!!

You have offered nothing on this thread apart from cheap jibes at my expense which go over my head as you show yourself up.

Deal !

I can pay any mount of my choosing so 10 pence it is then.

When you cough up your 100 please send to Any pet rescue charity.

Wow.

I personally would have kept that quiet. My nominated Charity is the one run by Hawkwell Blue in memory of his late daughter, Friends of Katie I think? He'll be able to give you the details, if appropriate of course.

I'll do the Blue Cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back