• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't worry, we still have....

just wait, bailey has two years to go. if we get money before the start the great. we need to get players in, its just a case of one or two more we need.
Good on Ron why should we over pay, look what happened to leeds. bring young blood that want to play for the number one team in essex, the mighty blues

I would renew my seaso in any league/season/team/whatever stick that with ya refund

Well said, i fully concur with that staement.

Surely we are Blues supporters because we love our club, both through the good and bad times and whatever division we play in.

We can delete Liptak from the list of players that we still have as according to the Ujpest FC website he has just signed a four year contract with them!

Here is the Ujpest Dosza link regarding the Beast of Budapest:

http://www.ujpestfc.hu/index.php?pg=news_4_5983

My Hungarian has gone a bit rusty so I don't fully understand what it says on there, apart from it is about him.

And his Wiki entry has him as having joined Ujpest Dosza. Does the club know about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoltán_Lipták

Last edited:
Players demand 2x wages, Ron refuses
Wiggy and TTK: Ron's taking the p***

Players demand 3x wages, Ron refuses

Players demand 4x wages, Ron refuses

Alternatively

Players demand 2x wages, Ron agrees
Other players ask for double their wages, Ron disagrees

Other players ask for double their wages, Ron agrees
We can't now afford to buy any more new players

We look for new players, but they want stupid wages, Ron disagrees

We look for new players, but they want stupid wages, Ron agrees
We go bankrupt!

yep...conspiricy....the club wanted to get all the seaso's done early because they knew the players were going to reject contracts........

seriously....no

You support Southend United not Nick Baily or Peter Clarke FC or when the next good name comes along shall we rename the club?

I would personally feel embarressed if I were to ring the t/o up and ask for a refund because players were leaving...

T/O: Hello can i help you?
Fan: I would like to cancel my season card please
T/O: Ok, can I ask why?
Fan: Well you see, I'm waiting to see what clubs come in for Nicky Bailey, Peter Clarke and Simon Francis and see what the cheapest option is. I have no patience in week 3 of the transfer market, and i'm shocked that the chairman doesn't want to ruin the wage structure and put the club in a financial problem......so next season the prices of season cards would increase due to players high wage demands

Players demand 2x wages, Ron refuses

Players demand 3x wages, Ron refuses

Players demand 4x wages, Ron refuses

Alternatively

Other players ask for double their wages, Ron disagrees

We can't now afford to buy any more new players

We look for new players, but they want stupid wages, Ron disagrees

We look for new players, but they want stupid wages, Ron agrees
We go bankrupt!

If you have something to say Hank can you just come out and say it .. you're confusing me !!!!!!!

Whether these players leave or not, I'm sure Ron knows what he is doing although some people think different and yes I'm one of them I think he is crazy lol! We will obviously bring in some good players and it looks as though it will be make or break for the club!!

intersting to see how many people neg rep wiggy for yet another thread enterily made up to provoke people and get a rection out of people well done wiggy we can always rely on you liven everyone just when people are feeling down! what an optimist! :) :p

How do you know it's the right thing? Is it a guess? or unquestionable loyalty to RM the property developer?

No its not a guess. Having seen first-hand how paying ridiculous money a few seasons ago (salaries that made Dave Webb feel "sick" in his own words) very nearly resulted in non-league football its a relief we have a Chairman with his head screwed on. With a new stadium on the way it would be suicide to give in to outrageous wage demands for this level (plus the fact that if we agreed we'd have others in the squad knocking on Ron's door demanding pay rises). Remember Leeds - they're still recovering 5 years on from poor financial decisions. Plenty of scope for paying higher wages once we move and revenue is increased - until then there's no way we should be paying ANYONE £4k a week in League One!

Négy esztendős szerződést kötött klubunk Lipták Zoltánnal. A 24 esztendős védő-védekező középpályás az angol Southend United együttesétől szerződik az Újpest FC-hez. A 193 cm magas játékos a korosztályos válogatottban rendre Vaskó Tamás mellett játszott, amely csapatban szerepelt többek között Tisza Tibor és Sándor György is.

nuff said !!!

Négy esztendős szerződést kötött klubunk Lipták Zoltánnal. A 24 esztendős védő-védekező középpályás az angol Southend United együttesétől szerződik az Újpest FC-hez. A 193 cm magas játékos a korosztályos válogatottban rendre Vaskó Tamás mellett játszott, amely csapatban szerepelt többek között Tisza Tibor és Sándor György is.

nuff said !!!

Something along the lines of Zoltan Liptak has signed a contract. He is a 24 year old defender from Southend United and has joined Upjpest Dozsa. He's tall and will provide competition at the club for Tibor Tisza and Gyorgy Sandor.

The last two named obviously being the Magyar equivalent of Barrett and Clarke.

He's tall and will provide competition at the club for Tibor Tisza and Gyorgy Sandor.

At last! Those two have had it their own way for far too long now. From what I've heard Ujpest are going to try and play the Doncaster-way next season. This wouldn't surprise me as their manager has never hidden his longstanding admiration for Sean O'Driscoll's amazing 4-5-1 model.

Back