• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't worry, we still have....

I don't see how half the promise is going? We're losing a couple of good players and a decent enough L1 defender IMO. I can see us getting a decent price for each and to quote RM 'we'll be suing the money to buy new players'. That could be over a million to spend plus what Tilly already had to spend. We have a new stadium on the way and the brightest young manager outside the premiership. As i've stated i think this shows the ambition of Ron and Tilly and i think we have a fantastic set up here and great promise for the future. We'll definately be aiming for promotion next season and i see no reason why losing these three players will change that.

Do you think the money will counteract this :whistling:

Shades of what we went through last season guys, if the players want to go all you can hope for is a decent wedge to fund new buys, mind you it didnt help us much :)

So if after all the departures we fail to land players who are up to this division, or if the club is financial in trouble, am I entitled to get a full refund on my season card should I want to cancel it?

I think you are about a year too late with this post .

Did you apply for a refund last year after the ' Freddy's going nowhere' promises ?

Yeah......doom n gloom.....Its not as if we never brought in some decent players is it.....jeez....

Lets get real people....or just use the samaritans, they offer a great service...

We can delete Liptak from the list of players that we still have as according to the Ujpest FC website he has just signed a four year contract with them!

We can delete Liptak from the list of players that we still have as according to the Ujpest FC website he has just signed a four year contract with them!

I should point out you are correct however. Fantastic research.

Believe me Flavs is a god compared to what is available with our purse strings just wait and see. Having seen Masters a couple of times, young or not i wouldn't put him infront of Danny Gay, Cumbersome, Ryan Robinson etc, yet we offer him a deal, very cheap i suppose. As for the others, why bother building a new stadium if you can't gamble a bit on what has been achieved in the last few years, don't let them take the **** but at least push the boat out a bit, remember Constantine, got us out the **** single handidly and we offered to up the wages from 500 a week to 700. Crowds have been good recently and a promotion and a couple of trips to Cardiff must have got us a few quid. The way Martin and his war chest is going we will always be a League 1/2 conference side playing to an audience of between 2 to 9 thousand!

If the rumours of Mildenhall are true wiggy there's a good chance you'll lose your darling Flavs this summer as he won't fancy a bench role (which is how it would be as Mildenhall is EXACTLY what we need). And didn't take long for you to get on RM's back did it!!! Take a look at the bigger picture - I can only commend the man for AGAIN doing the right thing by Southend United.

If the rumours of Mildenhall are true wiggy there's a good chance you'll lose your darling Flavs this summer as he won't fancy a bench role (which is how it would be as Mildenhall is EXACTLY what we need). And didn't take long for you to get on RM's back did it!!! Take a look at the bigger picture - I can only commend the man for AGAIN doing the right thing by Southend United.

How do you know it's the right thing? Is it a guess? or unquestionable loyalty to RM the property developer?

How bout you breaking a habit of a lifetime and telling us what you really think, rather than cringing inside, so, what do you think of the situation whereby nearly all of our quality players want out?

And how about you telling me who you want to replace Tilson.

When my brother rang me today to tell me about Bailey, Clarke and Francis I thought I know what this means she will come on SZ because it's bad news, and she did not disappoint. Pathetic, but so predicitable.

How do you know it's the right thing? Is it a guess? or unquestionable loyalty to RM the property developer?

I shall start paying attention to these "property developer" jibes, when those who claim Ron is only in it for the money explain why he increased the capacity of the stadium by 5K?

That has cost him extra money which comes straight off the bottom line. Why would he do that if it is just about exploiting the club?

I shall start paying attention to these "property developer" jibes, when those who claim Ron is only in it for the money explain why he increased the capacity of the stadium by 5K?

That has cost him extra money which comes straight off the bottom line. Why would he do that if it is just about exploiting the club?

Not a jibe at all, just a fact.

A keeper that can't catch, Masters, an impressive right back that wants to leave, Francis, a Hungarian to fill Clarke's shoes, Liptak, new left back to find, Mulgrew, midfield to plug Bailey and McCormack, new supplier and goal scorer to find, Gower, but luckily still have a bloke more fragile than a vase, Barney and 2 that couldn't hit a barn door, Revell and Walker. Dunno about freezing the season ticket prices, howbout a refund!

Wiggy, I would very happily contribute towards any fund that was set up to pay you NOT to attend Roots Hall.

Nonsense, of course it's a fact but in the context of your quote the only possible purpose of mentioning "property developer" was to insinuate an ulterior motive to Ron's dealings.

nothing 'ulterior' in my question at all. I'm sure 'Ron' has an exemplary record in his business dealings.

nothing 'ulterior' in my question at all. I'm sure 'Ron' has an exemplary record in his business dealings.

And once again you fail to substantiate what you were implying. If you have serious concerns, what is wrong with coming out and stating them so people can DEBATE them?

RM has took the **** with this one in my eyes!

Gets our money for season cards on the quick before the season finishes (that was a joke).

Now we're told the two best players from last season are on the list, what a joke!!!

The club is in a financial mess i reckon.

And we're getting a new ground, whats the odds that it never gets built?

Surely TTK's title should read Private Frazer.

frazer.jpg

RM has took the **** with this one in my eyes!

Gets our money for season cards on the quick before the season finishes (that was a joke).

Now we're told the two best players from last season are on the list, what a joke!!!

The club is in a financial mess i reckon.

And we're getting a new ground, whats the odds that it never gets built?

Another good conspiracy theory, I for one would have renewed my season ticket, whether the issue was early or not. Which I suggest is the case of most supporters.

This thread is unbelievable! As angry as I am about the events of this week, I will still be at RH for the duration of the season. Did you buy your ticket to watch Bailey?! I doubt it somehow. Even if Darryl left I would still be there, and that is saying something I can tell you!

Back