• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dorking Wanderers 1-0 Southend United

what a terrible game ....

positives ..

Colin - at 19 yo surely a major asset now

Cardwell - from Chorley town 2 levels down proves he can play at this level - a bit.

Powell - from NL North - can be minor nuisance at this level.

Kensdale - from Canvey Istmiuan League - can play at NL level - a bit

Miley - good honest NL pro - this is his level

Hobson - i hope he finds another club

Jason - we have loads of coaches - hope you find a role somewhere

Lomas - borderline if he can survive at this level

Taylor - NL pro - very ordinary

Benton - took his shots - missed

Bridge - NL pro

Murphy - busted

Mooney - busted

Ralph - a season of failure

the tragedy of SUFC unfolds -

a bunch of players recruited from this level and BELOW fail..

can we avoid administration ?

does anyone belive in the new stadium ?
Difficult to disagree with any of that.

Becoming a very divided fan base and all the frustrations are now coming out even more because f recent results, yes kev has done a great job considering what has been going on, but he picks the team, he picks the tactics, we played a team tonight who have conceded 84 goals and we play 8 defense minded players, and the same we we have played the last 7 games we have lost, so people absolutely have the right to question the tactics, personally if we had tried something different tonight and it not worked I would have been behind him more than doing the same again, we can't keep hiding behind excuses that "we've played better teams and was unlucky" we are now playing worse teams and still getting the same outcome, so people have the right to question the management
Yes 84 conceded, average of over 2 a game (the 2nd worst defence in the league by some way, only Maidstone slightly worse) and we hardly created a chance of note to concern their keeper. Maher was always a bit sideways as a player but Bentley and Currie (and obviously Stan) were direct and attack minded. I won’t dig them out as they are working in difficult conditions but serious comment I’d love to see what is done all week on the training pitch and in tactical sessions, do these players ever practise crossing, dead ball drills, running off last man, coming short and spinning in behind, attacking overloads, attacking free kicks, attacking corners, shooting, one and two touch pass and move around the 18 yard box?? I recall a manager fining players for passing backwards but then again we’d need to pay them first to implement that ..

Dreadful.

But I can't believe just how quickly the finger of blame has now turned squarely on the management team. you know, the people we were all applauding a month ago, the people we said we couldn't believe were still here... and now it's 100% their fault.

This is not a computer simulation, this is real life, can some people not see the effect that all the shenanigans has had on the players and the team?

We are where we are. In a season where, up until fairly recently the only glimmer of hope and joy we had was on the pitch, that has now evaporated and we are on the worst losing streak in the clubs history. Another new low.

If it was Ron's fault a month ago, three months ago, 6 months ago, a season ago, 2 seasons ago, 5 seasons ago, etc., it is still Ron's fault now.

Earlier this season we showed that we could easily live with the best in this league and were comfortably winning games. Now we look like we can't score in a brothel.

Good players don't become bad players overnight. Those who are saying "bin the squad" have obviously never played the game at any proper level. The lack of confidence is evident across the team.

We have a good enough nucleus. We need to ride this out and strengthen, not make wholesale changes to players and management. It's painful to watch and I can empathise with every single negative emotion spoken on here. It is dreadful, truly dreadful.

But I'm a supporter. I am not going to turn my back on the team. They are still my team.

We must stick with them and come back stronger next year.
It is all Ron's fault as we should never be in this league in the unbelievable position we are in but most of the players just didn't look like they wanted to be there tonight and that I can't accept.

Like you I will never turn my back on my team but right now I am not entirely sure they deserve paying.

The never ending negative football is soooooooo predictable and boring. Maybe a mad idea but how about just shuffle the 3 Amigos roles after all if I remember correctly that's why we employed 3 men all supposedly capable of doing the job 🤷

Kev sounded shattered on bbc essex right now. Asked the same question 2 weeks in a row. "How do turn it around" or words to that effect. He just sounds lost.

What can he say/do to inspire change?

Not a criticism or putting the boot in. A genuine question.

Should he come out to

what a terrible game ....

positives ..

Colin - at 19 yo surely a major asset now

Cardwell - from Chorley town 2 levels down proves he can play at this level - a bit.

Powell - from NL North - can be minor nuisance at this level.

Kensdale - from Canvey Istmiuan League - can play at NL level - a bit

Miley - good honest NL pro - this is his level

Hobson - i hope he finds another club

Jason - we have loads of coaches - hope you find a role somewhere

Lomas - borderline if he can survive at this level

Taylor - NL pro - very ordinary

Benton - took his shots - missed

Bridge - NL pro

Murphy - busted

Mooney - busted

Ralph - a season of failure

the tragedy of SUFC unfolds -

a bunch of players recruited from this level and BELOW fail..

can we avoid administration ?

does anyone belive in the new stadium ?
felt this summarises the problems really well. Not far off a whole team of inexperienced lower league players that did well to get to 6th. But our spine was broken when lopata went so it's no surprise we are as wobbly as a jelly fish.
As I understand it, the players and coaches are as bewildered by the extremeness of the change in confidence and results as we are!. There is only one solution and that's to change formation, style and who plays. Nothing else is possible. I just don't know why it takes 7\8 games to hit home.... If it has that is!

Just a reminder that Dorking's manager and owner also runs succesful businesses at the same time as running the football club and keeping them at this level on a shoestring budget.
Dorking's players are also part time I believe.

Just putting this in to some perspective.

Not that it makes good reading, but might be an idea to read the Supporters Group thread, reporting on the Q and A session with Ron and Tom. That should answer a few questions and I am sure the players have. Might just have something to do with the performance this evening.

Something is clearly very wrong currently.

Yes, I know that things have been broken for many many years now, but even through all of that there was still pride and determination in patches, all of that has gone now.

I have no inside knowledge, but the last few weeks/months have the whiff of players going through the motions knowing they are not going to get paid ever again by SUFC, because the club won't exist in a few weeks time and they will all be unemployed. That goes for the management team as well, they are all broken human beings.

Please bear that last part in mind before dishing out any unecessary abuse.

We can all blame Ron, embargo etc but that is no excuse for the players not to at least put in some effort. There is no one to blame for tonight except the players. Absolutely ****ing abysmal.
I think your forgetting the manager! Isn't it his job to make the players up for the match? To motivated the players,it's his job to make sure they perform! Your blaming everyone apart from the management team.

Something is clearly very wrong currently.

Yes, I know that things have been broken for many many years now, but even through all of that there was still pride and determination in patches, all of that has gone now.

I have no inside knowledge, but the last few weeks/months have the whiff of players going through the motions knowing they are not going to get paid ever again by SUFC, because the club won't exist in a few weeks time and they will all be unemployed. That goes for the management team as well, they are all broken human beings.

Please bear that last part in mind before dishing out any unecessary abuse.
That is all conjecture though. If there was no chance that these players were going to get paid for the remainder of their contracts then I'm sure we would have heard about that from our veritable bank of ITK posters by now.
Also, would you not be putting in a performance if you were angling for your future move?

I don't think the formation makes the slightest difference.
A formation won't make you control the ball; pass it forward to one of our own; shoot straight or be brave.
Confidence will help, plus a few new faces - and we certainly aint going to get the latter.
However when players don't like or have little confidence in the system and the other players performance in the system they're required to play , that will show and has in increasingly disjointed toothless efforts, going backwards and sideways and lumping it forwards to Cards! Our pressing and overloads virtually gone.
Until the players get a voice to enforce a change. I fear the same situation every game now.

Kev sounded shattered on bbc essex right now. Asked the same question 2 weeks in a row. "How do turn it around" or words to that effect. He just sounds lost.

What can he say/do to inspire change?

Not a criticism or putting the boot in. A genuine question.

Should he come out to these interviews fired up?
I know other people have said stop blaming RM, embargo, etc. but I just think some of those players have stopped caring. Not all of them. But enough of them for it to affect the team performances.

Massive respect for how they played and the results when not being paid. The siege mentality and "we're all in it together" front was inspiring. There's only so long that can go on though. It gets more and more fragile as the lack of wages continues to the point where one or two things happening which might otherwise be trivial, end up having a bigger effect.

Kacper leaving has affected things on the pitch to a certain extent but off it, I think it was almost a final straw. It shattered the "we're all in this together" image and I think there is likely some ruefulness from those remaining that they were unable to do the same - for whatever reason that may have been, such as no appealing suitors, or a bit of guilt at the prospect of letting their teammates or the three Amigos down.

The mentality is just absolutely shot to pieces and I don't think it's recoverable this season. I'm not surprised Kev is at a loss :(

That is all conjecture though. If there was no chance that these players were going to get paid for the remainder of their contracts then I'm sure we would have heard about that from our veritable bank of ITK posters by now.
Also, would you not be putting in a performance if you were angling for your future move?

If things are as bad as I fear they are then the human factor will play a bigger part than any wish to prove yourself

Back