• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I had hoped to do the 2nd round draw today, but work has got in the way, so I'll do it tomorrow after the final polls end at 10ish in the morning.

Right, here's an update. I've not even done the draw for R2 yet - too busy (plus general lack of depression & despondency regarding all things SUFC). I will do it today & dates for R2 will now be Tuesday - Friday this week.

2nd round draw...

Tuesday 16 February
Kaley Cuoco (Mr Gilbo) v Danielle Lloyd (Dave the Shrimper)
Bar Rafaeli ( blues_r_best) v Lanny Barby (Rusty Shackleford)

Wednesday 17 February
Hayden Panettiere (pickledseal) v Natalie Imbruglia (Clinton Baptiste)
Veronkia Varekova (the poster formerly known as Cricko) v Keeley Hazell (Ulysses)

Thursday 18 February
Katy Perry (EastStandBlue) v Shakira (SS5)
Rachel Stevens (BoyWonder2) v Liv Tyler (MK Shrimper)

Friday 19 February
Jamie Szantyr (JamesTheSuperBlue) v Frankie Sandford (Pringlejon)
Lucy Becker (Martin Carruthers) v Georgie Thompson (Southchurch Groyney)

Sounds excellent match-ups there.
Usual rules apply.
If anybody can't manage their appointed 24 hour tie, feel free to PM me (or any other appointed assistant) links for your cause...

Apologies for the lateness of today - busy, busy. Just putting up todays ties now.

Can I get a volunteer for posting tomorrows polls? I won't have internet access in the day & so can't do it. I would ask Deputy MK, but seeing as he's a participant tomorrow it's not really fair...

Thanks again, at least somebody could be bothered...makes me wonder if with the anti-tottyness comments today whether it's all worthwhile...

Agreed. The number of voters has been pretty poor.

Is SZ battled out? There's a strange malaise hanging over this site recently. I blame the closure of the Live Chat thread ;)

Agreed. The number of voters has been pretty poor.

Is SZ battled out? There's a strange malaise hanging over this site recently. I blame the closure of the Live Chat thread ;)

It has been disappointing to see voter totals of less than 20 in some polls, but we must press on - the pictorial evidence that has been produced has deserved more attention, and I'm sure that attention will arrive in time. If we keep posting the pictures, they will come. In both senses (and spellings) of the word.

There were some fierce first few rounds and a lot of posters had to utilise some high-grade NSFW weaponry to get through them. Meaning that these rounds have felt a bit like 'more of the same'.

I think a lot of the 'classier' contestants went early on, meaning we've lost a few of our more illustrious colleagues.

But I tend to agree, maybe best to have a break from the 'Battle ofs' for a while after this one is done.

Taking a break gets my vote, I only agreed to run this specific contest as a favour to JC.
Seems a whole lot more hassle than it is worth.

In terms of the general SZ malaise, surely that's down to the abysmal fortunes both on & off the pitch of SUFC in recent weeks? In terms of the cheeky LCT comment, tut tut MK, as far as I'm concerned the beauty of LCT1 was how random it was and how a perfectly innocent thread got spectacularly and wonderfully diverted over 600+ pages. The 2nd one which has caused all this recent vitriol, when lets face facts other than through the efforts of one or two people, had died a slow & quiet death was just a pale imitation of its predessor and could never replace it. The argument of "it's good to answer small queries so you don't need to start a new thread" doesn't wash with me either I'm afraid, "power-hungry" or not...

Anyway, back on topic. QF draw will be made today, ties to run Tues - Fri. Lets hope the closer we get to the final stages, the more interest will develop. Three points from Carrow Rd (particularly unlikely I know) will definitely see more movement in Wednesdays (& maybe Thursdays) ties too...

In terms of the general SZ malaise, surely that's down to the abysmal fortunes both on & off the pitch of SUFC in recent weeks?

I have to say that even tho I don't post as much as other poster I rarely visit the main Shrimpers section of the board at the moment. Just because I don't fancy reading all the same stuff which gets a little depressing with the blip of form southend are in at the moment.

Always visit the pub tho.

QF Draw
Tuesday 23 Feb
Rachel Stevens - BoyWonder2 v Hayden Panettiere - Pickledseal
Wednesday 24 Feb
Shakira - SS5 v Lanny Barby - Rusty Shackleford
Thursday 25 Feb
Kaley Cuoco - Mr Gilbo v Keeley Hazell - Ulysses
Friday 26 Feb
Georgie Thompson (sponsor wanted after Groyney's withdrawal *see other post) v Frankie Sandford - pringlejon

Due to time-issues (and for fairness, I'll let all QF polls run for 48 hours).
Tuesday tie going up now...

I'll take over Ms Thompson's role if you like after the blind SZ massive let Liv Tyler slip through their sticky fingers....

QF Draw
Tuesday 23 Feb
Rachel Stevens - BoyWonder2 v Hayden Panettiere - Pickledseal
Wednesday 24 Feb
Shakira - SS5 v Lanny Barby - Rusty Shackleford
Thursday 25 Feb
Kaley Cuoco - Mr Gilbo v Keeley Hazell - Ulysses
Friday 26 Feb
Georgie Thompson (sponsor wanted after Groyney's withdrawal *see other post) v Frankie Sandford - pringlejon

Due to time-issues (and for fairness, I'll let all QF polls run for 48 hours).
Tuesday tie going up now...

Once again, I look forward to taking out some quality Colombian.

We need a careful at work warning everytime pics are posted up on the threads!!

i am disapointed by the lack of pictures in almost every contest this year

Back