• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was in the south upper block I last night as usual but a bit closer to the drummers who had moved to the end of block J.

I know its nice to get a bit of atmosphere but I don't think the drummers is the way to go.

Usually the chanting starts in H Block and quite easily spreads to the blocks on either side. But last night with the drummers bashing out thier random beats it drowned out the usual chanting from Block H. For the vast majority of the game the drummers were doing some strange beat that you couldn't really chant or clap to anyway. One of them, (apologies if you post on here), even had the nerve to turn to Block I and shout 'it would be nice if you fcuking join in'. twit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Nov. 13 2004,21:04)]. One of them, (apologies if you post on here), even had the nerve to turn to Block I and shout 'it would be nice if you fcuking join in'. twit.
Don't apologise, I'd have shoved his drum stick straight where the sun don't shine!

well shouting the comment was me and someone else as it owuld have been nice the south upper was a morge at sum points until me, shrek, keir and will actually started a song and some people joined in!

thankyou if you where infront or to the left of us good to see somepeople join in!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Nov. 13 2004,20:11)]the south upper was a morge at sum points
Sorry but what the hell does that mean?

I was in front of you to the right and i prefer it without the drums.

Sorry.

well sorry that is your opinion! differs to mine. ok yeah we had moved which had nothing to do with us am im sure we all would have rather stayed in the corner but im sure many others are enjoying the drums! and the beat is ment to be followed by the word blues or reds in shreks case. think i may print off hym sheets for the next game!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Nov. 13 2004,20:25)]well sorry that is your opinion! differs to mine.
agreed.

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go, just stating my thoughts.

chill out
cool.gif

im chilled just not to happy when people are slating our efforts! as far as we are concered the club put us so if you got a problem with it either talk to Mr wheeler or MOVE simple

Where the drummers actually at the game last night?

Not being horrible or anything, but I was at the game and watched it on video when I got back and still didn't hear them.

I didn't hear any drums because some to**er kept putting 70's and general stadium rock on in the Briton punctuated by really depressing songs. I reckon he wanted tears.

Jack,
I think it's good your making an effort to create an atmosphere but do feel it's un-neccesary to swear at people if they are not joining in.
rock.gif

It's opinions and choices at the end of the day, just like you said.

I think the drumming would be better of in another part of the ground for you guys as the acoustics in south upper do not travell anywhere.

My opinoin is that West is, and always has been the best place for atmosphere plainly because the sound travells.

Oh........ And who is the person who's always using that bloody triangle?
Now that is pointless! (and gay).

wink.gif

Maybe some of them thought it might be nice if you shut up but didn't shout it out. I'm sure you shouting out isn't going to encourage anyone to join in the same way is if someone told you to shut up you wouldn't.
If people don't want to sing thats up to them.
And before you start moaning yes i do join in with all songs.

Also games like that will attract floating fans from other clubs who really have no desire to join in with the songs (actually most of them sit there complaining that their team is much better and that Southend are 'crap'). We were in the South Upper right at the East Stand end, were trying to start a few songs but everyone just turned and stared at us!

I had people looking at me aswell but that may have been because i was singing on my own in the walkabout in Leeds.
Some girl got the sharp end of my tongue when she asked which part of London Southend was in.
Northeners. I ask you!!!!

Back