• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo update

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ July 21 2005,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 21 2005,13:10)]So why is 'nothing going to be sorted over the next few days'??

Given our (lack of) success in the transfer market this summer, we can NOT afford to let Jozic slip through our fingers as well!

rock.gif
Rons on his Hols
What's he doing taking a feckin holiday now when we've had such a dry summer transfer-wise and its so damn important we get players in pronto??

wow.gif
rock.gif
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 21 2005,13:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ July 21 2005,13:23)]Sure he'd chip in with a few goals from set-pieces as well with his size. We do seem to be labouring a bit in the transfer market. I he wants to come and Tilly wants him why cant they sort it today?
There could be a number of reasons as it why it can't be sorted today. His agent maybe dealing with another transfer deal, Ron could be away, Tilly and Brush could be trying to get that new forward in etc.

Have patience.
As my signature says, if you keep on dithering you're bound to get stung...

We cant afford to dither - if we want him then a printer somewhere should be tripping over itself to spit out a contract for him to sign pdq!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 21 2005,13:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 21 2005,13:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ July 21 2005,13:23)]Sure he'd chip in with a few goals from set-pieces as well with his size. We do seem to be labouring a bit in the transfer market. I he wants to come and Tilly wants him why cant they sort it today?
There could be a number of reasons as it why it can't be sorted today. His agent maybe dealing with another transfer deal, Ron could be away, Tilly and Brush could be trying to get that new forward in etc.

Have patience.
As my signature says, if you keep on dithering you're bound to get stung...

We cant afford to dither - if we want him then a printer somewhere should be tripping over itself to spit out a contract for him to sign pdq!!
Obviously, I'm just speculating. There could be a perfectly good reason why the deal can't be completed within the next couple of days. For example, he needs to consult his family, look at relocating down South etc.

Hopefully, come the end of the week, start of next week, we will have our man on board. Until then, theres not a lot we can do about it, so we have to be patient.

Agreed BoyWonder...

Its just that we've been saying that for the best part of two months now, and in at least 5 cases it has been followed by disappointment when our target has gone elsewhere...

down.gif

Its sad Spiff but somethign we have to love with. He seems keen to sign so all we can do is hope. Sure it will all come good in the end. Has Tilly ever let us down before?

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 21 2005,15:27)]Its sad Spiff but somethign we have to love with. He seems keen to sign so all we can do is hope. Sure it will all come good in the end. Has Tilly ever let us down before?

smile.gif
I'll put up with it, but dont ask me to love it

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 21 2005,15:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 21 2005,15:27)]Its sad Spiff but somethign we have to love with. He seems keen to sign so all we can do is hope. Sure it will all come good in the end. Has Tilly ever let us down before?

smile.gif
I'll put up with it, but dont ask me to love it

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Too right, fully agree with that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 21 2005,13:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ July 21 2005,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 21 2005,13:10)]So why is 'nothing going to be sorted over the next few days'??

Given our (lack of) success in the transfer market this summer, we can NOT afford to let Jozic slip through our fingers as well!

rock.gif
Rons on his Hols
What's he doing taking a feckin holiday now when we've had such a dry summer transfer-wise and its so damn important we get players in pronto??

wow.gif

rock.gif

down.gif
Dont know, Tilly mentioned it last night when he was being interviewed

Good news he wants to sign, hope no-one else comes in for him in the meantime though. We really need to get our squad sorted though, otherwise I predict a troubled season....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ July 21 2005,17:50)]Good news he wants to sign, hope no-one else comes in for him in the meantime though. We really need to get our squad sorted though, otherwise I predict a troubled season....
I disagree, we'll be alright - steer clear of mass injuries/suspensions and there's AT THE VERY LEAST 7 or 8 sides I expect us to finish above next season with the current squad.

Which sides will we finish above?

Walsall
MK Dons
Chesterfield
C********r
Blackpool
Swansea
Scunthorpe
Swindon
Port Vale
Rotherham
Gillingham

And thats just for starters... absolutely nothing to be frighten of from that lot...

cool.gif

I don't know SS, some of them teams will have something to offer and I'm not overly confident of finishing above all of them.

Our recent record Vs Blackpool isn't inspiring reading. Swindon aren't a bad side, yes we beat them comfortably last season, but the season before that they beat us 3-2. Port Vale are a handy outfit, and could well surprise a few people this season. Gillingham and Rotherham, dispite being relegated last season, will still be sides to look out for and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Everyone has something to offer, and all will be fairly confident...

However, looking through the sides I've mentioned and looking at their squads, there is absolutely no reason that we cant compete with them and I wouldn't swap our squad for any of theirs...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 21 2005,21:37)]Everyone has something to offer, and all will be fairly confident...

However, looking through the sides I've mentioned and looking at their squads, there is absolutely no reason that we cant compete with them and I wouldn't swap our squad for any of theirs...
Thats a fair point, and there is only a few players in the division that I'd have in my squad over the others. For example, I'd take Marcus Stewart from Bristol City and have Wayne Gray as third choice, and I'd take Mickey Bell from Port Vale over Super Cheese Wilson.

It's not the quality of the players we have at our disposal that's a problem, it's the lack of depth in the squad (bar midfield). If we don't sign any more attackers, for instance, one injury to Gray or Eastwood and we'll be up sh*t creek. IF we don't sign Jozic, and another full back, we'll have little depth in defence as well.

I'm probably just getting paranoid becasue the season is so near now, though....
wow.gif

OK

Col U
Scunny
MK Dons
Chesterfield
Port Vale
Rotherham
Walsall

and thats at the VERY LEAST. A striker or two plus Jozic and LB cover and I'm confident we can challenge next season just as the likes of Bournemouth and Hartlepool have done since promotion.

Back