• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echoes of Connie!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ June 11 2005,13:33)]Just the truth, dreamers!
wiggy is right FFS!
WE GET SCREWED OUT OF OUR MONEY WEEK IN WEEK OUT AND THEN SOME PLAYERS GET COCKEY AND ARROGANT... GRRRR
but if needs be, Martin should pay the extra to keep quality players instead of paying for lives little luxuries

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ June 13 2005,10:41)]but if needs be, Martin should pay the extra to keep quality players instead of paying for lives little luxuries
And exactly where in the accounts have you seen these little luxuries and what are they ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SoC @ June 13 2005,10:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ June 13 2005,09:10)]Sadly Tony that does happen - I haven't had a wage rise in 4 years!!  
down.gif

This is due to the downturn in I.T since the turn of the century.  Sadly I do have to accept it or find another job, which isn't easy in the current market conditions (now some of the other I.T bods on here are going to say "we've got loads of jobs going at our place!)
We've got loads of jobs going at our place!  
biggrin.gif
Yeah right!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ June 12 2005,14:50)]I just hope Ron get's everything sorted contract wise.

Now is the time to start building continuity for another promotion push.

To be honest i dont think it's unreasonable for certain players to expect better contracts etc.

Anyone on here would be lying if their bosses said to them for example, ("Matt, you've done a sterling job for us the past year, but dont expect a pay rise for all the harder work you will be expected to do next year.  And you wont get a pay rise for another two years ok?").  And you accept it!

Yet if you look for another job, you can get a good deal more money for less demanding work down the road.  I'm sure everyone would take this job!

Just hope Tilly and Ron sort it all out for the sake of SUFC!
There is such a thing as professional pride, and people wanting to do a good job. I think this is particularly important with footballers who want to achieve things and win games. If you had players that just wanted to turn up and collect their wages, then I think you'd be wanting to get rid of them anyway.

In fact, I think Tilly has been very sensible in signing local players, bringing in guys that have supported Southend, or at least grown-up in the area. Unless you move to another local club it would take a good offer for some players to be able to afford to move to a different area in the country.

In short, we would all like pay-rises, but whether you do well or not you don't always get a pay-rise. I think the players need to realise that there are a lot of other (possibly better) players that would be willing to accept similar offers to those being offered to our players, simply to do something they love - play football.

Having said all that, I would like to see them all sign. The team has done superbly this year and I would like to see them all stay at Southend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ June 13 2005,11:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SoC @ June 13 2005,10:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ June 13 2005,09:10)]Sadly Tony that does happen - I haven't had a wage rise in 4 years!!  
down.gif

This is due to the downturn in I.T since the turn of the century.  Sadly I do have to accept it or find another job, which isn't easy in the current market conditions (now some of the other I.T bods on here are going to say "we've got loads of jobs going at our place!)
We've got loads of jobs going at our place!  
biggrin.gif
Yeah right!  
tounge.gif
Yeah but who wants to work in McDonalds.....
tounge.gif

Football isn't all about money though. Barrett took a pay cut to join us because it was a case of him "coming home" so to speak.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ June 13 2005,10:41)]WE GET SCREWED OUT OF OUR MONEY WEEK IN WEEK OUT AND THEN SOME PLAYERS GET COCKEY AND ARROGANT... GRRRR
Really? I don't get screwed out of my money week in and week out. I choose to go to games because I enjoy it and because I can afford to do so. When I stop enjoying it or can longer afford to I will stop going. No-one's pointing a gun at my head forcing me to hand over the entrance fee every match.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ June 12 2005,22:11)]Phew! just got in, see that you are all ******* up to each other in true Shrimperzone style ......
Well, we have to do something because YET AGAIN you are failing to answer the questions put to you by SBH. It appears that you are indeed a fraud .......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ June 13 2005,11:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ June 11 2005,13:33)]Just the truth, dreamers!
wiggy is right FFS!
WE GET SCREWED OUT OF OUR MONEY WEEK IN WEEK OUT
I'm with Ron on this one. If you feel that you "get screwed out of our money week in week out" then the answer is an extremely simple one to comprehend, even for you, CS J .......

Don't go. Simple as that.

It's not as if you are being forced to hand over your money (like, say, taxes, national insurance, etc.). You make a choice to do so to 'support' your team. As soon as you start feeling that you are getting "screwed" our of your hard-earned cash then you have to start to question whether coming along to football is really for you. Because there are signs that maybe you should look elsewhere. Perhaps.

rock.gif

Before this gets bogged down into yet another thread where wiggy has sucked everyone into his windup, please let him answer the questions put to him by South Bank Hank. I am starting to wonder if Wiggy spent the 28th May in a darkened cave and greeted news of our success with a Droopy Dog style half hearted groan of delight.

So anyway, back to the questions in hand....

1) Your accusation last year of Ron Martin trying to take the club down
2) Your accusing us of being muppets for not seeing it
3) The release of Constantine and his replacement by Eastwood and Gray
4) The replacement of Cort by Adam Barrett
5) Our subsequent promotion

Answers on a postcard of Southend Pier please wiggy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 14 2005,14:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ June 13 2005,21:53)]I agree with wiggy
Someones got to
tounge.gif
Sorry, this was an alcohol-fuelled lie that I forgot about. Sometimes I agree with wiggy but in this instance I feel he is spouting utter shyiite and seems to have been way off the mark in my estimations.

To ensure parity, I've corrected this to say that I completely disagree. I also had to check this for typos about ten times but I feel it was worth it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ June 16 2005,03:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 14 2005,14:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ June 13 2005,21:53)]I agree with wiggy
Someones got to  
tounge.gif
Sorry, this was an alcohol-fuelled lie that I forgot about.  Sometimes I agree with wiggy but in this instance I feel he is spouting utter shyiite and seems to have been way off the mark in my estimations.

To ensure parity, I've corrected this to say that I completely disagree.  I also had to check this for typos about ten times but I feel it was worth it.
Don't believe you. I think you still do agree with him. I may even start a poll about this.

rock.gif

tounge.gif

Back