• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echoes of Connie!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ June 11 2005,20:39)]You can stick yer Med, rather be at The Hall next year watching the underpaid!
Excellent - now what about your views on the following points:

1) Your accusation last year of Ron Martin trying to take the club down
2) Your accusing us of being muppets for not seeing it
3) The release of Constantine and his replacement by Eastwood and Gray
4) The replacement of Cort by Adam Barrett
5) Our subsequent promotion

Just curious...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ June 11 2005,22:25)]I think Wiggy comes on here deliberately being the devil's advocate.

Im also sure he's disappointed we got promoted.
Hi Southendsleeper,

I certainly agree with point number two, but Wiggy is no Devil's Advocate as such a person at least takes the time to discuss things... not just pop up only when the argument suits, arguing points that fit your cause and ignoring those that prove you wrong.

Come on Wigmeister my old chum, you were quick to re-appear after a couple of good performances from Flahavan, chastising people for not praising him having criticised him?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ June 11 2005,13:24)]A bit more ambition and a few quid extra and Constantine would probably have stayed [ different class to Wayne Gray].
I'm glad Constantine went, he had one lucky season in terms of goals (his spell at P'boro and his not exactly prolific spell at Torquay proved what many of us already knew). IMO Wayne Gray is actually a different class to LC - they've scored pretty similar amounts this season but what did LC actually provide to the team bar goals (which have since dried up)? Now compare this to what Gray gives to the side pretty much every game he plays. Not only this but Freddy also owes him a lot this season.

Perhaps wiggy would prefer it if the club again splashed oodles of cash on players who were nowhere near worth their massive salaries a la the Martin and Little era's.....if it wasn't for firstly Webb and now Ron Martin we wouldn't have a club to support.

SO glad RM is in control of our club and not the wigster if this post is anything to go by!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ June 12 2005,13:36)]Perhaps wiggy would prefer it if the club again splashed oodles of cash on players who were nowhere near worth their massive salaries a la the Martin and Little era's.....if it wasn't for firstly Webb and now Ron Martin we wouldn't have a club to support.

SO glad RM is in control of our club and not the wigster if this post is anything to go by!!!
Yep lets get some mercenaries in who have no interest in the club who are only in it for the money...definitely the way forward
tounge.gif

Please correct me if I am wrong , but didn't Constantine play for two clubs last season and they both got relegated ?
Do we really miss players who seem to be the kiss of death ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ June 12 2005,10:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ June 11 2005,20:39)]You can stick yer Med, rather be at The Hall next year watching the underpaid!
Excellent - now what about your views on the following points:

1) Your accusation last year of Ron Martin trying to take the club down
2) Your accusing us of being muppets for not seeing it
3) The release of Constantine and his replacement by Eastwood and Gray
4) The replacement of Cort by Adam Barrett
5) Our subsequent promotion

Just curious...
As usual, Wiggy will ignore you and other posts that challenge him/her.

I just hope Ron get's everything sorted contract wise.

Now is the time to start building continuity for another promotion push.

To be honest i dont think it's unreasonable for certain players to expect better contracts etc.

Anyone on here would be lying if their bosses said to them for example, ("Matt, you've done a sterling job for us the past year, but dont expect a pay rise for all the harder work you will be expected to do next year. And you wont get a pay rise for another two years ok?"). And you accept it!

Yet if you look for another job, you can get a good deal more money for less demanding work down the road. I'm sure everyone would take this job!

Just hope Tilly and Ron sort it all out for the sake of SUFC!

Phew! just got in, see that you are all ******* up to each other in true Shrimperzone style, even the post somewhere above agrees that some people might just deserve a small incentive for the good work achieved, but says so in such a namby pamby way, scared that he might upset the rest of the little group on here, must be really boring all agreeing about everything!

Just noticed it was Tony the Kray, he is one of the only ones left on here not afraid to speak his mind, you are even making him nervous to speak out, Shrimboy was tamed long ago. your next Tone!

Wiggy, shut up unless you are gonna actually reply to the points made against your argument.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ June 12 2005,14:50)]Anyone on here would be lying if their bosses said to them for example, ("Matt, you've done a sterling job for us the past year, but dont expect a pay rise for all the harder work you will be expected to do next year.  And you wont get a pay rise for another two years ok?").  And you accept it!
Sadly Tony that does happen - I haven't had a wage rise in 4 years!!
down.gif

This is due to the downturn in I.T since the turn of the century. Sadly I do have to accept it or find another job, which isn't easy in the current market conditions (now some of the other I.T bods on here are going to say "we've got loads of jobs going at our place!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ June 12 2005,21:11)]Must be really boring all agreeing about everything!
Missed the point yet again Wiggy. No one's debating whether or not they deserve a little more.

What do YOU disagree/agree with?

1) That you said Ron Martin was actually trying to get the club relegated?
2) That you said us Shrimperzoners were muppets for failing to see it?
3) That Constantine was actually well replaced by Eastwood and Gray despite your protestations?
4) That Cort was well replaced by Barrett (again despite your protestations)?
5) Or that Southend got promoted despite Ron Martin's best efforts to get us relegated?

Actually Wiggy, I'd prefer us all to call a truce but until you start debating ALL the points you make as opposed to calling people names and being selective in your responses despite continual incendiary posts, there will always be a MASSIVE difference between yourself, Tony the Kray and everyone else on here.

Come on, it's a new season.
Let's start afresh!

South Bank Hank - are you Paxman in disguise?
laugh.gif
Wiggy's certainly acting like some weedy politician with his inability to answer any of the questions thrown at him.

Come on Wiggy, try and answer the questions and turn this thread in to a proper debate!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ June 13 2005,09:52)]Come on Wiggy, try and answer the questions and turn this thread in to a proper debate!
But you're presuming that wiggy wants to enter into a reasoned debate about football & finances, rather than simply point an accusatory finger at ShrimperZone.

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 13 2005,09:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ June 13 2005,09:52)]Come on Wiggy, try and answer the questions and turn this thread in to a proper debate!
But you're presuming that wiggy wants to enter into a reasoned debate about football & finances, rather than simply point an accusatory finger at ShrimperZone.

rock.gif

Matt
Naive of me I know....

"It's all gone quiet over there!"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ June 13 2005,09:10)]Sadly Tony that does happen - I haven't had a wage rise in 4 years!!  
down.gif

This is due to the downturn in I.T since the turn of the century.  Sadly I do have to accept it or find another job, which isn't easy in the current market conditions (now some of the other I.T bods on here are going to say "we've got loads of jobs going at our place!)
We've got loads of jobs going at our place!
biggrin.gif

Back