• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ed quits

...he'd have been better off working under someone who knows how to inspire confidence in public speeches, he could still have made a difference to the party as a number 2 to someone more able to command a room.

A solution which presents itself every December when his brother joins him for the family Christmas dinner.

We should relate to him at Southend really as we've always fallen victim to the **** brother syndrome.

People are so much nicer about politicians after they've quit aren't they?

At the end of the day Miliband was not up to being PM. His campaign was full of lies, soundbites and empty rhetoric. He banged on too much about zero-hours contracts, food banks, non-doms etc which for most people are not an issue. He's continually denied Labour overspent last time they were in power and his PR stunts like the interview with Russell Brand and the stone tablet probably did more harm than good. He hasn't convinced people that he could do a better job than Cameron.

Could be a long way back for Labour now. They've lost out in Scotland for not being left-wing and anti-Tory enough, but lost out in England for being too left-wing. The left is divided.

People have long memories,Labour could be in the wilderness for decade's.

And as long as the British people vote on whether the party leader is photogenic, as opposed to the policies of the party they are representing , this will continue.

Could not agree more. For me there was very little analysis of policy and too much about helicopters, bacon sandwiches and the right dress and shoes. The reality is you need to sway a very small number in marginal seats and usually these people are not the most sophisticated.

Think I might owe some money to the SZ coffers as well....after predicting UKIP would win a billion seats or something like that.

Callan, you certainly owe a tenner (for the bet you made with me that UKIP would take at least one seat from Labour).

(I've paid SZ for the election bets I lost to to Superblue24 and GHG,btw).

Callan, you certainly owe a tenner (for the bet you made with me that UKIP would take at least one seat from Labour).

(I've paid SZ for the election bets I lost to to Superblue24 and GHG,btw).

No probs, I will sort this direct with Cricko.

I rather doubt this.

In fact I think they'll come back strongly in 2020.

But I hope you'll excuse me if I'm not prepared to bet on it just yet. :winking:
Honestly ?
given the boundary changes and the constituency reduction planned by the conservatives are bound to have a greater impact on any opposition, and the general apathy shown by the British public to anything relating to social issues (as opposed to personal benefits) .
I cant see any party with a society based brief toppling on who panders to the individual wealth of a section of the population just significant enough to vote them in....

Honestly ?
given the boundary changes and the constituency reduction planned by the conservatives are bound to have a greater impact on any opposition, and the general apathy shown by the British public to anything relating to social issues (as opposed to personal benefits) .
I cant see any party with a society based brief toppling on who panders to the individual wealth of a section of the population just significant enough to vote them in....

This is such a great post!:happy:

Back