• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
This screams of a very similar situation to that of Sean Clohessy. Ironically another right back. He was sold a dream by his agent about getting a move to Charlton and after months of negotiations it fell through and he ended up at Kilmarnock.

Rumours circulated a few weeks ago that Elvis could also be making a move up to Scotland.

Players come and go, I don't get the emotional attachment thinking players "owe us", maybe it's because I'm getting older!.. Players are entitled to try and climb up the ladder as best they can and earn a better contract. Elvis wasn't great, he's absolutely replaceable but this seems, from the outside looking in at least, a very poor job from his agent this summer.

I can see a non league team picking him up on the cheap at some point with the no transfer window and clubs getting injured players etc.

He must be wondering where it all went wrong...

Most probably, but I, and probably the majority of others and the club, think that it's most likely his agent turning his head and asking for a lot more money if anything.

It's a shame after seeing the interview at the end of last season of him saying he wanted to stay and help us get back up, feels like a slight stab in the back.
Respectfully, how naive do you have to be to believe everything you hear in an interview?

If you were hearing whispers of being offered a better job on more money in your own industry, would you reveal to the world that it was likely to happen? Or would you keep quiet and toe the party line until everything was signed?

Footballers owe you nothing, the same way a plumber can choose to move location or your kids favourite teacher has the right to switch to a different school.

You are right to a point but !!…..if he said that and then left for another club you would be spot on, however he declared a desire to get us out the league …and then chooses to sit at home doing nothing, which doesn’t quite add up really…agent it’s not

You are right to a point but !!…..if he said that and then left for another club you would be spot on, however he declared a desire to get us out the league …and then chooses to sit at home doing nothing, which doesn’t quite add up really…agent it’s not
He isn’t a southend player though? He isn’t refusing to turn up. He just doesn’t have a contract with us.

Can we move this thread to the ex shrimpers group now. I'm bored of reading about a player who is not interested in playing for us.

So?
If?
Come Monday Elvis turns up at B&L and says "I'm in, where do I sign, my boots are ready" then what happens?
A. He signs the offered contract, trains, plays etc
B. A new contract is thrashed out with release clauses.
C. Contract is withdrawn, Elvis takes his boots and drives off a" free man".

Please correct any mistaken ideas.

Why bother about a player who wants more money, and it seems SUFC don't think he
is worth that amount.Bye,bye Elvis.

Do you know what his previous wage was (one of the lowest in the squad I would think) or what the new deal he was offered was ? It sounds like the lad has been badly advised by his agent. There were many matches over the last three seasons when he appeared to be the only player up for the fight and was great at encouraging and supporting the younger players when they were thrown into the first team. Elvis always gave his all for SUFC and I am upset for him that he has not managed to progress his career. Plenty of other players took their wages for very little effort or appearances - I am sure Elvis was extremely good value for money during his time with us compared to the likes of Hyam, Lennon and several others.

Do you know what his previous wage was (one of the lowest in the squad I would think) or what the new deal he was offered was ? It sounds like the lad has been badly advised by his agent. There were many matches over the last three seasons when he appeared to be the only player up for the fight and was great at encouraging and supporting the younger players when they were thrown into the first team. Elvis always gave his all for SUFC and I am upset for him that he has not managed to progress his career. Plenty of other players took their wages for very little effort or appearances - I am sure Elvis was extremely good value for money during his time with us compared to the likes of Hyam, Lennon and several others.
Great post. Totally agree and exactly why I don’t begrudge him a move for one minute. Still been one of my favourite Southend players for quite a few years now, for the reasons you’ve explained, and it saddens me that his career might be suffering because an agent saw the potential for a few more pound notes in his pocket.

EDIT: I’ll happily apologise to Elvis’ agent if I’m wrong. But as AB said above, this just smacks of the Clohessy debacle unfortunately.

Respectfully, how naive do you have to be to believe everything you hear in an interview?

If you were hearing whispers of being offered a better job on more money in your own industry, would you reveal to the world that it was likely to happen? Or would you keep quiet and toe the party line until everything was signed?

Footballers owe you nothing, the same way a plumber can choose to move location or your kids favourite teacher has the right to switch to a different school.
Oh of course, there is naivety about hearing that type of thing in an interview, but the guy already knew clubs were probably sniffing around him, you don't say something on the lines of that if you aren't going to somewhat stick to it? Like the guy didn't even come in for pre-season at the least ?

They owe us nothing but in retrospect we gave him the platform to develop and play first team minutes, I do agree with you but also just looking at different viewpoints. I'm not one of those guys that is like oh 100% he's in the wrong, Ill hate him forever because he's done what he has, no, I'm all for players going out and finding a bigger team to grow - I just think it he's done it in the wrong way or whatever.

Elvis has gone from being a beloved, first team, first name on the teamsheet player who developed into an international, to unemployed in an industry with a notoriously short career and a long long record of being difficult to resettle from in a very short space of time.

I hope he's getting help from someone who cares about him at the moment as he's at most a couple of months away from having to find another career

Elvis has gone from being a beloved, first team, first name on the teamsheet player who developed into an international, to unemployed in an industry with a notoriously short career and a long long record of being difficult to resettle from in a very short space of time.

I hope he's getting help from someone who cares about him at the moment as he's at most a couple of months away from having to find another career

Doesn't he become a free agent soon - suspect clubs may be interested if no transfer fee to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back