• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting, I also think he's a little slow and was amazed when Kris said, a few posts back, that he thought he was quicker than Demi.

Depending on who we have next season, I'd consider sending him out on loan to a L2 side. I do like him a lot but he needs the regular game time we can't guarantee him.
Well, maybe I need to study Elvis a little closer but I stand by what I said because Demi is one of the slowest full-backs I've ever seen. When the opposition play a ball in behind him he gets roasted by his opponent on many occasions.

As I said previously I feel for him because I don't think he's a natural full-back; he's a wing-back or a midfielder and looks much, much better with the ball at his feet in the opposition half. I'd be more than happy to see him on the right side of midfield if needed.

Elvis is going to be a fine player. However, at the moment Demi and Coker are in frintof him. He will get opportunities next season. One thing for sure full back is one position that is more than covered.

Elvis is a bright prospect but Demi is leagues ahead at the moment, one of our best players and I think that people undervalue his good defensive work at times (especially since Powell came in). Elvis struggled at LB and you could see that Bristol looked to exploit that whenever they could, but he did improve when moved to his natural position.

That said, Demi has the composure and passing ability to play a midfield role, and I think settled in fairly well the other day in that position.

I agree with the poster that said Elvis lacks pace, he seems to get exploited physically at times and we saw that against Bristol. He got outmuscled and outpaced quite a few times by their striker and didn't have the ability to take on the opposition fullback when he got the ball in a crossing position. Regardless I think he'll come a long way in the next couple years

Dare I say I don’t see it with Elvis. I want to, but I don’t. Kyprianou is the better prospect for me.

Well a mixed bag of opinions on this one. I think Demi is a good full back at this level and versatile enough to play RB, LB or wide down either flank. He has the reliability of a Che Wilson without being earth shattering but still, by and large, underrated and underappreciated.

Elvis looks promising and potentially very versatile. It is good to experience varying positions when younger, no euphemism intended, and he has the time on his side to improve on his overall game. I could definitely see him playing wide right mid.

Bottom line is that I am happy we have both players.

As others have said, generally Demi is generally a solid player on the pitch and will no doubt cement his place again in the team over the next coming season.

That being said, he will be 31 this year, & I don't think our current contract (until 2021 + 1 year extension) with him was not our smartest move, he would be nearly 34 years old by the time his current contract ended (nearly 35 years old, if the additional year option was activated).

Anton's legs have gone, and he has only just turned 33 (hence being transfer listed), and although Anton has had a good past pedigree, In comparison, I can't see Demi consistently performing well at a Division 1 or even at a Division 2 level at the age of 34 or 35.

I'm generally referring to a mistake by the club in terms of the length of his contract than his future performance.

Last edited:
As others have said, generally Demi is generally a solid player on the pitch and will no doubt cement his place again in the team over the next coming season.

That being said, he will be 31 this year, & I don't think our current contract (until 2021 + 1 year extension) with him was not our smartest move, he would be nearly 34 years old by the time his current contract ended (nearly 35 years old, if the additional year option was activated).

Anton's legs have gone, and he has only just turned 33 (hence being transfer listed), and although Anton has had a good past pedigree, In comparison, I can't see Demi consistently performing well at a Division 1 or even at a Division 2 level at the age of 34 or 35.

I'm generally referring to a mistake by the club in terms of the length of his contract than his future performance.

There's certainly risk involved with it but I'd like to think that a full medical was taken and they had a good idea of the amount of wear and tear. Someone like Ferdinand has more wear and tear at 33 than Fortune at 36 and we can only hope that Demi is more Fortunate (sorry) than Ferdinand.

ferdinand is in a physically battering position, whereas demitriou isnt. antons body shape is also far more awkward and slow moving than jd (who is more compact and efficient at moving). wear and tear will occur at different times for different players.

Back