• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emile Acquah

Good luck to him! I always felt we should have kept him to be honest. Now who was it I had a wager with re him getting a contract at a league club? Someone owes £10 to SZ...
I'm not much of a betting man but I'd quite happily bet that he'll never be offered another contract by a club in L2 (or higher) after his present deal with us is up .Loser pays a tenner to SZ? I expect him to finish his career in the NL .I only hope that we don't join him there.
@Tangled up in Blue I believe it's you!

Flange I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear i settled that bet ealier today.
Date
13 August 2023
Transaction ID:
6VG95017MK620113

Forgotten all about Emile -and he played against us last season for Maidenhead too!
Nice one! I have to say I didn't expect it to be that quick, was expecting him to spend a few more years down here before making it up again.

Amazing what happens when you’re patient with a player and let them develop whilst getting off their back. Glad to see him doing well.
Indeed. It was pretty obvious to me that he had the makings of a good player. He just wasn't experienced enough to know how to make best use of his size. Not really a surprise given how young he was when he was with us.

Last edited:
It’s a shame because you look at players that haven’t had the chance or not quite made it at us, they leave and do well elsewhere and very rarely do we take them back afterwards.

Gard and Benton are two I hoped it would work out, unfortunately if they do well for someone else I feel they’ll end up playing elsewhere rather than back with us.

Unfortunately it’s the nature of the beast. Emile Acquah is a recent prime example, didn’t work out. He knuckles down, works hard and is now playing in the league above us.
And that is one that massively surprises me. But, fair play to Emile. I genuinely thought he was destined for the scrapheap.

Glad he's turned his career around, reminds me a bit of how Freddie Ladapo looked useless with us but went on to prove himself elsewhere.

i hope so - we signed Dom Telford on Friday too

I'm really pleased to see Barrow back where they belong in the EFL after 50 years in non-league, and being helped by a Shrimper too. Well done Emile.

Will we survive long enough to get back where we belong? Or are we facing extinction as a club.....?

I'm really pleased to see Barrow back where they belong in the EFL after 50 years in non-league, and being helped by a Shrimper too. Well done Emile.

Will we survive long enough to get back where we belong? Or are we facing extinction as a club.....?
You'll be back, just need to get rid of the owner sooner rather than later. With Wrexham and Notts County gone the next few seasons should be easier.

You'll be back, just need to get rid of the owner sooner rather than later. With Wrexham and Notts County gone the next few seasons should be easier.
Unfortunately that's proving very hard to do because of how much debt he's accumulated, if we somehow find a buyer that will meet Ron's demands we should be alright but that's a big if.

took the goal well. always thought of him as a tryer... good luck to him.. never thought he was given a full opportunity or allowed to play to his strength.

Back